Legacy of Garnett-Pierce-Allen-Rondo; what happens to them now?

Celtics need to sign KG if he doesnt retire.  Hes so underated for what he does for that squad, especially on defense.  
Like Ray but felt like he never fit in with the celtics team.  Doc's team is a defensive squad and Rays always been a defensive liability.  Team shouldnt resign him.

Jeff Green comes back next season.  Dudes athletic, can score, rebound, defend (reminds me alittle of Scottie Pippen).  Celtics wouldve been so much better with him playing 30 mins a game this season rather than Pietrus/Daniels/Pavlovic.  

Avery Bradley is a stud, guy should start with Rondo in the back court. 

Let go of all that dead weight - Pietrus, Daniels, etc...

Celtics could legitimately go fer another title run next season barring injuries again adding a couple decent players and keeping KG

Originally Posted by DMan14

cant recall the last team to win a chip with their key players in their mid 30s. has there been one lately?

Last one is the Bulls in 98.

Regardless I think this team would be a little different because if they take that big paycut that they should take (even though Allen won't) there would be so much cap space left. Their age wouldn't matter as much because it'd be an extremely deep team.

What would happen ? Well it's the end. KG and Ray walk. Rondo being traded for Bynum

KG come to Lakers to back up Pau. Rondo KG Kobe Pau. The new big 4

Yeap come at me

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

What would happen ? Well it's the end. KG and Ray walk. Rondo being traded for Bynum

Yeap come at me

Yesterday you called Bynum a glorified role player.. Yet he can be traded for one of the top PGs in the league.. 
roll.gif
Get Entirely the hell outta here..

Boy would that Lakers team still be a second round exit....  They would be..  What you posted was nonsense.

Not only that.. It is has less chance of happening than signing Deron Williams as a Free Agent on the Lakers.. (If you didn't get that, it is 0% because Lakers can't afford to sign Deron as a free agent)

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Yeap come at me

Yesterday you called Bynum a glorified role player.. Yet he can be traded for one of the top PGs in the league.. 
roll.gif
Get Entirely the hell outta here..

Boy would that Lakers team still be a second round exit....  They would be..  What you posted was nonsense.

Not only that.. It is has less chance of happening than signing Deron Williams as a Free Agent on the Lakers.. (If you didn't get that, it is 0% because Lakers can't afford to sign Deron as a free agent)
roll.gif
if you think i was serious

KG doesn't need to retire... He just needs to be on a deeper team so he can have limited minutes and still win games.. just like Duncan and the Spurs. I think the Mavs would be the perfect team for KG and Ray to the Heat or Bulls would be best for him.

Celtics should have beat the Lakers in 2010. The better team lost that series, and that would have given them2 chips, which is very solid IMO . Back to question, I think Allen will sign with another team, Garnett will retire, and Pierce will play 2 more years. Glad my team advanced, but I really respect the C's.

If KG or Allen go to the Lakers, I would come awfully close to killing myself, and I'm not even a C's fan

I think KG still plays depending on which teams are interested. He's too competitive to just call it quits after a very productive postseason.
Ray Allen will probably permanently come off the bench, if DRose was healthy next year, Ray will be a perfect fit
frown.gif

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Kinda off topic but it trips me out to see KG when I remember KG went straight to the league from high school and now he an old man in the league :-/

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Garnett retires
Pierce stays and retires a Celtic
Allen signs with another team

why would Garnett retire? hes still got a lot left in the tank.

Jeff Green is fully unrestricted now as the Celtics pulled their qualifying offer. Had they extended it, he would have been restricted and thus given them the chance to match any offers he receives. I liked his game when he was here, we just misused him making him a "stretch 4" because obviously he plays the same position naturally as our best player, SF, and to take that next step we had to get bigger and more conventional with our lineup (I remember us losing that Laker's series on an offensive rebound putback by Pau in the final seconds) . I hope he can find a place to start and get touches. His 2nd yr he gave us 17 and 7 and 38% from 3 so he's no scrub. I still feel like he's too good to come off the bench, but coming off heart surgery that's probably going to be what he settles for.

That’s because the Boston Celtics, in a move that was not made public, withdrew Green’s qualifying offer in mid-December, right around the time he failed his physical and had his one-year, $9 million contract voided. The move means Green is now an unrestricted free agent. Had the offer not been withdrawn, and the Celtics were under no obligation whatsoever to do so, Green would have been a restricted free agent, with the Celtics able to match any offer he might get from another team.

Asked about the decision on Friday, Celtics general manager Danny Ainge, citing Green’s impending surgery, said he preferred not to discuss the matter. He did confirm it, however. It may have been nothing more than a goodwill gesture on the part of the Celtics to Green and his agent, David Falk, who said the team has been “phenomenal

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Kinda off topic but it trips me out to see KG when I remember KG went straight to the league from high school and now he an old man in the league :-/

damn, i'm old lol...i remember that too...when him and kobe were the young ones...time flies

Rondo - Bradley - Green - Bass - Hollins?

Bass really showed me something. But he is so big and athletic, I want to see him be more assertive

I don't wanna live on a planet with a Garnett-Pierce-Ray Allen-less Celtics team 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I don't wanna live on a planet with a Garnett-Pierce-Ray Allen-less Celtics team 
frown.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Shouts to KG and Ray. Thanks for everything boys; ya'll will be greatly missed.

I want both of them to re-sign though. Ray off the bench.

As someone said earlier, they were aided GREATLY by the shortened season. It will be tough for them to go out and play 82.

Rondo -- dude is great. I hate him since I'm a diehard Bulls fan, but really, this dude can play.

Pierce -- Retires a Celtic.

KG -- Who knows, maybe he goes somewhere he can latch on to another title. He'd have a very nice role on Dallas, IMO.

Ray -- Gone. Probably joins the Heat.

Would've been nice to get another ring or two. But at the end of the day they were a joy to watch for 5 years.
I'm gonna miss this group. 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom