Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Thread

Anyone else have this game. I had to go borrow my little brothers Wii just so I could play it. This game is amazing, the second best LoZ game behind Ocarina of Time.

co-sign... the game is 
pimp.gif
. had to break my WII out of retirement and cop the new motion-plus controller to get my game on
happy.gif

Originally Posted by phatpharmer456

co-sign... the game is 
pimp.gif
. had to break my WII out of retirement and cop the new motion-plus controller to get my game on
happy.gif

This is the only Wii game that I've ever felt right using the Wii remote playing. I dont think they can go back to not using motion controls to build this game

Man, black friday was a +$#+% while I was looking for that $60 dollar bundle. Finally hit gold on my 3rd wal-mart of the night and got to playing with my new gold wii mote
pimp.gif
. I cannot wait until finals are over and I get to go back home and play some more. Only cleared one dungeon and I bet my brother beat it by now
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FourReal

i need to upgrade my system im still stuck with a n64 and gamecube
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Those 2 systems are still better than the wii.  I feel like the wii was only good for the last zelda game, haven't tried the new one yet.
The things stopping me from buying it are I hate the wii and I don't want to buy that controller attachment just to play.  I'll wait until it's on sale.

Originally Posted by shogun

i need to upgrade my system im still stuck with a n64 and gamecube
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Those 2 systems are still better than the wii.  I feel like the wii was only good for the last zelda game, haven't tried the new one yet.
The things stopping me from buying it are I hate the wii and I don't want to buy that controller attachment just to play.  I'll wait until it's on sale.

i read an article recently that looks at what nintendo has been doing wrong with the wii and gamecube, since apparently there are hardly any games slated to be made for it from now on. personally i always blamed the lack of a nexgen graphics card. i think nintendo should come out and say straight up we are targeting a more family oriented market.

idk. zelda is a dope series. loved windwaker. but i def thought the wii was a bad buy, although nintendo made mad bank off it.

I really want to see how the official spec release of the Wii U is. If it's worth it, I may get that in the future and hopefully Zelda would be made for that system.

I miss playing n64. WCW vs. NWO and Wrestlemania 2000. lol.

This Zelda game saved the Wii's legacy. This is one of the best games I have played in years. It was worth all the failures if they finally got it right and put this game out

i love this game. i just beat the mining temple. i'm taking my time with it because i don't want it to end. it's been so long since the Twilight Princess.
for real though, it's been kinda easy.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by shogun

i read an article recently that looks at what nintendo has been doing wrong with the wii and gamecube, since apparently there are hardly any games slated to be made for it from now on. personally i always blamed the lack of a nexgen graphics card. i think nintendo should come out and say straight up we are targeting a more family oriented market.

idk. zelda is a dope series. loved windwaker. but i def thought the wii was a bad buy, although nintendo made mad bank off it.
Yeah, my system has been collecting dust.  If they released a Zelda more frequently then it would be ok.  It seems like they always release one for each system and that's it.  This was the first Zelda game in a long time that I haven't bought right away.  I don't have any high hopes for that new system that is coming out, which looks just like a wii upgrade.  The controls were pretty cool when they first introduced them, but they need to switch back to more traditional ones.  I know they like to set themselves apart from Sony and Microsoft but i'm not really into the games they produce anymore besides Zelda.

Theyve typically done two games per system

N64- Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask
GC- Wind Waker and Twilight Princess(Also had that 4 swords game but I didnt cop that)
Wii- Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

The Twilight Princess thing for both consoles was a plus for me cause I didnt get wii at all and loved that. Plus it was superior on Gamecube. Still had left handed link and everything.

This new wii thing will be good they will probably make a good regular controller to go along with it, and will make the majority of their games have reg controller functionality, but Zelda cant go back after this, its going to be motion controller for a while.

Sick game, I'm pretty far into it. I just opened the Gate of Time. This is only the 2nd Zelda game I've played after Twilight Princess. Dungeons seem a bit easier than Twilight Princess, but fighting monsters/bosses feels slightly harder.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I really want to see how the official spec release of the Wii U is. If it's worth it, I may get that in the future and hopefully Zelda would be made for that system.

I miss playing n64. WCW vs. NWO and Wrestlemania 2000. lol.

You're forgetting No Mercy
pimp.gif

I'm thinking about buying a WII..

is anyone able to tell me more about jailbreaking it to play old Nintendo games? or can direct me to a site?

I love this series and copped this game the day after it came out but I've been working so much and going to sleep straight after work that I haven't had as much time to really play as extensive as I want to
frown.gif
. I JUST got the knight outfit this past Monday
tired.gif

I didn't want twilight princess to end. That game was
eek.gif

I just started playing this and I love it. But I still to this day think that A Link To The Past is one of the greatest video games of any and all time. How would you guys rank it with with ALTTP and OOT and TP?

Originally Posted by AJMasta

I just started playing this and I love it. But I still to this day think that A Link To The Past is one of the greatest video games of any and all time. How would you guys rank it with with ALTTP and OOT and TP?
Right now this is sitting at #2 on my spot of best 3D Zelda games ever. They added a lot of stuff that I felt was necessary, like the sprint option so I dont have to keep hitting roll to go everywhere, and the way the dungeons were handled where you have to go back to an area more than once. I wish it was harder though, seems like the game got easier as it went on with the exception of the boss fights, something that would have put it over the top was a challenge like finding all the triforce pieces in windwaker that was so hard that it was downright annoying. It doesnt totally do it for me storywise though, thats an area that OoT just dominated the series. I havent gotten to the end though and I'm holding out hope that it will be dramatic.
I havent played an old school nintendo zelda in forever though, and I cant really compare them to the N64 and later versions theyre just too different.

Back
Top Bottom