Legit Check: 2011 Jordan 11 Concord

NT,
I purchased a pair of used Jordan 11 Concords (378037-107) on eBay. Immediately upon opening the shoes, I spotted several inconsistencies with my authentic pairs. Seller claims they were purchased from FNL on release day. I have already made my assessment and opened a claim accordingly, but I wanted to open this up to the NT community as evidence to validate, or refute, my claim.

Below are my observations for and against authenticity:

Fake/Unauthorized/Grey Market
- Heal 23 is too wide/stretched
- Heal Jumpman logo at the top of 23 (vs. middle)
- Purple dye stains on shoes and tissue paper from the insert
- Dull tissue paper vs metallic (authentic has more of a reflective look to it)
- Purple inserts are not as vibrant (dull purple, not as "sparkly")
- No purple production date stamp on inside of box

Sketchy Signposts
- Pricing tab not present (but notches are present, indicating it could have been pulled off)
- Discoloration of side vs. tongue (would expect more PL creasing at this level of yellowing)
- No size sticker on insole (could have been removed, but insole Jumpman logo indicates minimal wear)
- Shoelaces are not same diameter as authentic
- Blurred Jumpman logo on box/product sticker

Legit
- Yellowing of sole consistent w/ authentic pairs
- Carbon fiber appears to be on point
- Stamp present on the bottom of the insole, but washed out
- PL cut consistent w/ authentic pairs

All pictures represent the shoe in question unless noted otherwise. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

-rock

View media item 1833158View media item 1833159View media item 1833160View media item 1833161View media item 1833187View media item 1833163View media item 1833164View media item 1833166View media item 1833167View media item 1833168View media item 1833170View media item 1833171View media item 1833172View media item 1833173View media item 1833174View media item 1833175View media item 1833176

Last edited:
I haven't seen any stretched 23's on authentic pairs. I've discussed with some and they believe it's due to wear, this is not true. Surprisingly, this pair doesn't appear to be worn that much (minimal PL creasing, insole Jumpman logo is perfect, no cracking on heel 23, etc.), which is why the discoloration of the sides and shape of the upper (heel collar) is concerning.

I haven't seen any stretched 23's on authentic pairs. I've discussed with some and they believe it's due to wear, this is not true. Surprisingly, this pair doesn't appear to be worn that much (minimal PL creasing, insole Jumpman logo is perfect, no cracking on heel 23, etc.), which is why the discoloration of the sides and shape of the upper (heel collar) is concerning.
yea these are fake but I have seen a legit pair of 11s 23s stretched that bad from wear but they were worn for unloading trucks

Any advice on this claim with PayPal? I initiated the dispute, then the seller escalated the claim for PayPal intervention. However, I'm not sure the PayPal claims rep can distinguish authentic from fakes. I plan on providing all of the information from this thread as support, but not sure how this will go. Any experiences or advice to offer up?
Thanks

LC BEFORE you pay next time...Ive seen these situations go both ways honestly..You will probably be ok in this instance, but sometimes you dont get your $ back so you have to be accountable for your own $ and decisions with online transactions. Good luck I hope it works out for you..

To whom it may concern:

In my 20+ years collecting Air Jordan and Nike models I can say with 100% confidence the pair of Concord 11s pictured above are definitely fakes. Please do what you can to help out this buyer. He should receive his refund in this instance.

Sincerely,

TB

Last edited:
LC BEFORE you pay next time...Ive seen these situations go both ways honestly..You will probably be ok in this instance, but sometimes you dont get your $ back so you have to be accountable for your own $ and decisions with online transactions. Good luck I hope it works out for you..

To whom it may concern:

In my 20+ hears collecting Air Jordan and Nike models I can say with 100% confidence the pair of Concord 11s pictured above are definitely fakes. Please do what you can to help out this buyer. He should rece his refund in this instance.

Sincerely,

TB

**** I thought u was talking about mine. And, for the guy that got these fake Concords, I feel ya pain. I learned the hard way too from TB on buying fake Concords

OP,
Unfortunately these are 100% fake. If the seller had told you they purchased from a friend or a boutique, I could see that, but these aren't even consistent with pairs purchased from Finish Line. Aside from that, there are so many other issues with the shoe and the extras. Even after years of replicating, they still don't get everything right, like the shoes trees and paper.

This should be pretty open and shut with PayPal, especially with the photos you have provided. Like the others said, get your legit check before purchasing, this could have saved you the trouble as these are obviously fake.
Good luck

Looks like PayPal decided to punt on this one:

"We are unable to take any action on this case because it is not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection."

I'll have to re-read the policy because I was unaware that SHOES were not covered under the PayPal Purchase Protection.

Taking the L and moving on

Looks like PayPal decided to punt on this one:

"We are unable to take any action on this case because it is not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection."

I'll have to re-read the policy because I was unaware that SHOES were not covered under the PayPal Purchase Protection.

Taking the L and moving on
BS. PP has handled several of fake sneaker purchases. I've seen it plenty of times here. Did the seller claim in the ad that they were authentic?

BS. PP has handled several of fake sneaker purchases. I've seen it plenty of times here. Did the seller claim in the ad that they were authentic?

I provided the seller with the invoice title and description to ensure there were no loopholes: Nike Air Jordan 11 Retro Concord (100% authentic w/ OG box)-Size 13, Color: White/Black-Dark Concord; Style: # 378037-107

I'm with you on PayPal, but like I said [w/ sarcasm], they just decided to throw this one over the fence. On to my bank for a chargeback.

I provided the seller with the invoice title and description to ensure there were no loopholes: Nike Air Jordan 11 Retro Concord (100% authentic w/ OG box)-Size 13, Color: White/Black-Dark Concord; Style: # 378037-107

I'm with you on PayPal, but like I said [w/ sarcasm], they just decided to throw this one over the fence. On to my bank for a chargeback.
I would keep bothering pp man. I've never heard of them say that. One way or another I hope you get your money back

Back
Top Bottom