Legit Check: 2011 Metallic V

Recently purchase a pair of 2011 Metallic Vs off of ebay for $250.  I noticed that there was a recent post of another legit check about the Metallic Vs, but there is a noticeable discrepancy with the shoes that I purchased, which will be highlighted in this post.

The left shoe has a noticeable difference around the ankle, which can be seen below:

Anyone help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Legit 3M is beeming and the lights barely hitting it. Recently I read an article in NT they do replicate 3M but damn $250? They better be DS

Legit 3M is beeming and the lights barely hitting it. Recently I read an article in NT they do replicate 3M but damn $250? They better be DS
Thank you for your response.  The shoes were indeed deadstock!  The 3M looks good in person, the 2nd to last picture shows the strange height difference in the ankle padding, which is the main reason I'm doubting the legitimacy of these shoes.

Thank you for your response.  The shoes were indeed deadstock!  The 3M looks good in person, the 2nd to last picture shows the strange height difference in the ankle padding, which is the main reason I'm doubting the legitimacy of these shoes.
it looks to just be the way they have been stored IMHO..that whole L Shoe seems to be sagging a little on that side.. look down by the 1st lace..I think your fine here honestly.

I would say these are legit. The shape difference isn't that big a difference to me, I think its probably been wrapped like that or something. It could also be because of the placement in the box

- The mesh looks good

- The jumpman on the tongue looks way aligned and 3m looks fine

- The midsole flame looks good with correct points

Thanks for the help you guys!  Is there are any other instances in which the shoe has been warped due to storing?

These are authentic. The tongue on this pair is the same on my pair. I got mine from Footlocker, and that's just how they came. I wrapped mine too and that's how they look. Although the tongue is higher (standing up) on my pair since they are DS, and the laces prevent the tongue form falling. 

These are authentic. The tongue on this pair is the same on my pair. I got mine from Footlocker, and that's just how they came. I wrapped mine too and that's how they look. Although the tongue is higher (standing up) on my pair since they are DS, and the laces prevent the tongue form falling. 
I think I was confusing as to describe the part of the shoe that looks "off."  The tongue is pulled back on purpose, they stand up normally like other Vs.

The circled part of the shoe that is strange because it isn't aligned with the other side of the shoe, as opposed to the right pair.

I think I was confusing as to describe the part of the shoe that looks "off."  The tongue is pulled back on purpose, they stand up normally like other Vs.

The circled part of the shoe that is strange because it isn't aligned with the other side of the shoe, as opposed to the right pair.
I knew what you were talking about. That's probably just Nike with their quality control. My previous comment was just to support authenticity.

Yeah, they look legit and that shape difference happened to me before due to bad condition storage.

When shoes are not stored correctly in the box stuff like that happened, I had the problem with GMP 7s on the ankle spot as well.
I would say legit :wink:

I'm going to try to more information about the shoe shape warping due to improper storage.

Anyways, thanks for all the input!  Repped everyone who helped me out.

Back
Top Bottom