Legit Check: Air Jordan Retro 3 Black/Cement

Hi NTer's

Just wanted to get a legit check on a pair of Air Jordan Retro 3 Black/Cement's I bought a while back for retail price off eBay.

I was new to the sneaker game back then and these were one of my first pairs that I ever copped. Thinking back to the price I got them for, I just wanted to make sure that these were legit and not B-Grade or Variants/Replicas. Because I love my black/cement 3's so much I copped another pair off eBay shortly after from a highly reputable seller. The pair I bought the second time around looked slightly different (in a good way) in that the stitching looks neater compared to the first pair I bought.

Anyhow pics are below, hope someone can provide me with some good advice about this!

The pic below is a pic of the first pair I bought and as you can see the stitching isn't that great or am I being paranoid?

The pic below is a pic of the second pair I bought and as you can see the stitching is much cleaner (in my opinion) on this pair.

The rest of the pics below are of the first pair I bought which I am unsure about!

More/higher res pics would be helpful but if the stitching is all ur worried about that looks fine.  As long as it doesn't go all the way back to the seam and ends in line with the eyelets ur good.  I got legit pairs from 2011 and 08 cdp and the 11' stitching is a little sloppy at the end on 1 shoe where ur first picture shows to. Way sloppier than the cdp

One good way to tell, if both of your pairs are from 2011, is check the tech card in the box that comes with the shoes. If the card is really thin and flimsy, they're probably an "Unauthorized" pair. When I was comparing a pair of BC 3s I had purchased from Taobao with my 2011 White Cement 3s, that was something I noticed; Even though the tech cards were the same size and color, when I picked up the card from the Chinese pair, it was very flimsy. As far as the stitching, it doesn't look like anything too crazy. Oftentimes, stitching from pair to pair can be different, with one pair being very clean and another pair being sloppy. That's just how they get down over there at JB... I'd need more pics, but I'm leaning towards "Unauthorized", ESPECIALLY if you paid retail for 'em. That right there is a huge red flag, at least to me. I have NEVER seen someone sell a DS "hyped" Retro for retail, especially not one as sought after as the Black Cement 3. I don't mean to worry you, just trying to help as much as I can. Peace.

Another thing is the slightly lighter elephant print on the toebox of one of the shoes. That's a common thing on a lot of the "Unauthorized" pairs coming outta China... Hopefully, your pair is straight. Admittedly, I bought a couple pairs from Taobao, but I'm over it now. It's just not worth possibly getting a super-flawed shoe or a shoe that is different than an Authorized/Authentic pair. If that's what some of y'all like to do, it's all good, I get it. But me personally, I'm over it. I'd much rather just stick to copping stuff on release day, and if I want something that's older, just pay the mark-up or hold out until I can find a pair for a more reasonable price. But expecting to find a pair of BC3s for retail at this point is pretty much a pipe dream...

Another difference I noticed is the box. I recently received a fake/variant/B-grade pair and compared them to a retail pair. The elephant print on the bottom half of the box slightly wraps around the bottom edges whereas the fake box did not. View media item 342014

These look legit. My BC 3's have the same production dates as well.
Thanks zombiejohnny, that's good to know!
One good way to tell, if both of your pairs are from 2011, is check the tech card in the box that comes with the shoes. If the card is really thin and flimsy, they're probably an "Unauthorized" pair. When I was comparing a pair of BC 3s I had purchased from Taobao with my 2011 White Cement 3s, that was something I noticed; Even though the tech cards were the same size and color, when I picked up the card from the Chinese pair, it was very flimsy. As far as the stitching, it doesn't look like anything too crazy. Oftentimes, stitching from pair to pair can be different, with one pair being very clean and another pair being sloppy. That's just how they get down over there at JB... I'd need more pics, but I'm leaning towards "Unauthorized", ESPECIALLY if you paid retail for 'em. That right there is a huge red flag, at least to me. I have NEVER seen someone sell a DS "hyped" Retro for retail, especially not one as sought after as the Black Cement 3. I don't mean to worry you, just trying to help as much as I can. Peace.
The tech card is not thin and flimsy! I have compared both cards and they both feel the same!

Yeah I don't know if they are unauthorised. Maybe the seller didn't have any need for them anymore or they were given to him as a gift but they weren't his size so he just sold for retail?
The two on the right are retail boxes. The one on the left is fake.
I just checked out the bottom of the box and it definitely looks like the two on the right.

All in all I think these are authentic! Thanks a lot for all the help peeps!

Is it normal for one sneaker to say 06/08/2011 and 06/29/2011 on tongue and the other shoe show 06/08/2011 and 0701/2011?

I Have a guy who has been giving me the bc3s and the dates have matched on all of them.. That's been my experience, doesn't make it right or wrong.

Check the top of inside of the box EVERY pair of jordan that are authentic always comes wit a STAMPED serial number to comfirm that they are authentic if not on top check inside the box its usually on top tho

Back
Top Bottom