Legit check for Off White Chicago Jordan 1s

I’ve done a legit check on these myself and don’t see any issues but I want a second opinion from this community. If you would like any additional photos just let me know and I’ll take this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• E8F0DD58-5586-4738-9925-9CF2063CED32.jpeg
    E8F0DD58-5586-4738-9925-9CF2063CED32.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 5C764549-F060-4675-A3A6-4B5457642531.jpeg
    5C764549-F060-4675-A3A6-4B5457642531.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 7EAB564D-E527-4FD0-83F1-92F68A3B114F.jpeg
    7EAB564D-E527-4FD0-83F1-92F68A3B114F.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 27
  • A3475DF8-60D2-49D7-8959-E7D68CC69699.jpeg
    A3475DF8-60D2-49D7-8959-E7D68CC69699.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 29
  • A76A04A1-EF07-4DAF-8995-F9B1BDB3207A.jpeg
    A76A04A1-EF07-4DAF-8995-F9B1BDB3207A.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 8632A269-63B4-4188-BC39-6F37D5DE5167.jpeg
    8632A269-63B4-4188-BC39-6F37D5DE5167.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 19D080E4-5878-47CC-9CC5-9DA038220F78.jpeg
    19D080E4-5878-47CC-9CC5-9DA038220F78.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 77
I think these are most likely fake.
I think you missed the most obvious thing which is that these shoes are unlaced. All these pairs came laced up directly from Nike, fakes are the ones that come unlaced. These look too new and the tongue looks too straight like it was never laced. The way the zip tie is locked is also more of how fakes are. There appears to be some marks on the suede of the left shoe near the swoosh, these may be pen marks from the replica factory. The bumps on the foam of the ankle area are bigger then normal, this is something I see on fakes. The tongue still has a blue tint to it, I think most pairs would have started to oxidize by now. My pair of OW UNCs oxidized fairly quickly. These also go for a lot of money, if you are not paying anything near StockX price then you will almost always get a fake.

I think these are most likely fake.
I think you missed the most obvious thing which is that these shoes are unlaced. All these pairs came laced up directly from Nike, fakes are the ones that come unlaced. These look too new and the tongue looks too straight like it was never laced. The way the zip tie is locked is also more of how fakes are. There appears to be some marks on the suede of the left shoe near the swoosh, these may be pen marks from the replica factory. The bumps on the foam of the ankle area are bigger then normal, this is something I see on fakes. The tongue still has a blue tint to it, I think most pairs would have started to oxidize by now. My pair of OW UNCs oxidized fairly quickly. These also go for a lot of money, if you are not paying anything near StockX price then you will almost always get a fake.

Thank you very much for the help! The owner was honest with me and said wore these to a few events indoors. He used the green laces when he wore these and took them out and put the black laces in before posting for sale. So I didn’t even think twice about the laces.

In regards to the pen marks I’ve looked several times and don’t see what you talking about, could you circle the pen marks in the photo for me?

I already own a pair of UNCs and know they are authentic because I got them directly from Kith. So I’m not very worried about the lack oxidized tongue because I rarely wear my UNCs and the tongue is still isn’t oxidized.

What worries me the most that you pointed out are the bumps on the foam ankles (which to be totally honest I can’t tell a difference which is why I posted on Niketalk) and the zip tie. If you have time could you please try and explain or show me how to notice these differences in humps? I will get more photos before I even consider buying these.

And by the way the own wants $3,100 for these and I was planning on haggling him down a bit since he told me he wore them a few times.

If we think about this logically then there are already some big issues. He was selling them as new, now he tells you that he actually wore them and all of a sudden he is being honest??? If he lied in the first place there is a very good chance that he lied again. These sellers make stories up and they usually don't add up like this one. Now if we look at the shoes there is no sign of wear. If he wore them a few times there may have been some light creasing, but these look like they just came out of the factory. The tongue is hardly wrinkled and the back of the shoe has more of an hour glass shape, which should not happen since they came tightly laced from Nike.

Here is an album of a an authentic pair from StockX. This user provided very good photos for LC and you should honestly get these types of photos if you are willing to spend 3K on a shoes.

Comparing your pair to this one you can see the differences on the foam. In the picture of the back of the shoes the three bumps on this pair are very subtle, you can hardly notice them.
Also look at how the zip tie is locked. The zip tie is hardly locked on your pair, its all the way at the bottom and this is how fakes tend to be because the zip tie usually comes unlocked and the seller has to put it on.
The stitching holes around the shoe on your pair are hardly visible, the pair on the imgur album has them a lot more defined. The size of the holes can vary normally, but its usually fakes that have small stitching holes.
The mesh on the toe areas doesn't look similar to the other pair in my opinion.
This is the mark I am talking about. The pen marks are usually in blue and this one is a bit faded, but these marks on the suede of the shoe around the swoosh are never good.
OW.JPG

If we think about this logically then there are already some big issues. He was selling them as new, now he tells you that he actually wore them and all of a sudden he is being honest??? If he lied in the first place there is a very good chance that he lied again. These sellers make stories up and they usually don't add up like this one. Now if we look at the shoes there is no sign of wear. If he wore them a few times there may have been some light creasing, but these look like they just came out of the factory. The tongue is hardly wrinkled and the back of the shoe has more of an hour glass shape, which should not happen since they came tightly laced from Nike.

Here is an album of a an authentic pair from StockX. This user provided very good photos for LC and you should honestly get these types of photos if you are willing to spend 3K on a shoes.

Comparing your pair to this one you can see the differences on the foam. In the picture of the back of the shoes the three bumps on this pair are very subtle, you can hardly notice them.
Also look at how the zip tie is locked. The zip tie is hardly locked on your pair, its all the way at the bottom and this is how fakes tend to be because the zip tie usually comes unlocked and the seller has to put it on.
The stitching holes around the shoe on your pair are hardly visible, the pair on the imgur album has them a lot more defined. The size of the holes can vary normally, but its usually fakes that have small stitching holes.
The mesh on the toe areas doesn't look similar to the other pair in my opinion.
This is the mark I am talking about. The pen marks are usually in blue and this one is a bit faded, but these marks on the suede of the shoe around the swoosh are never good.
OW.JPG

Thank you very much for your help and knowledge! I’ve been trying to stay away from used kicks but it looks like I may have to expand my search to used OW Chicago 1s.

To be totally honest the pen mark and the sketchy lacing is what is making me turn this pair down. I still don’t notice what your talking about with the three bumps on the back of the shoe. Are you talking about the middle square in the back of the shoe? And I also don’t notice any difference in the mesh toe area. I’m only pointing this out in hopes to learn more so I can successfully get a legit pair!

I’ll keep looking and post photos when I find another possible pair to purchase. Again thank you for the help, I may have ended up with these kicks if you didn’t comment!

If you want more opinions then I would post these photos on a LC to r/Repsneakers on reddit. I know a lot of info on authenticating the remastered Jordan 1 high’s in general and also about OW UNC, but I really don’t know so much about the OW Chicago’s to give you a definite answer, I still think these are most likely fake. I just never did my research on them since I knew I wouldn’t pay what they sell for. You are one of the few that will spend that amount on a pair and in my opinion you should try to find a used pair on Goat.

they might be fugazi bro......look at the first picture on the bottom of the shoe on the left.... there's a part of the red on the out sole overlapping onto the mid-sole......however you may have gotten a pair where these were messed up in the factory.....i would check on you-tube for videos on fake off whites and try to find consistencies or differences from the shoe in the video....

Back
Top Bottom