Legit Check: Nike Air Jordan 1 RETRO OG ROYAL 2017 eBay VS. StockX

I recently purchased 1 pair of Nike Air Jordan 1 RETRO OG ROYAL 2017 through eBay and 1 pair from StockX, but the looks of it they have differences:

Some differences I see:

- Toe box material: eBay pair: more of a smoother leather with less wrinkles whereas the StockX pair: has a lot more wrinkles.

- Insoles: eBay pair: Nike Air logo is facing opposite from each other and StockX pair: the Nike Air logo is facing the same way...

-Nike Air tag logo: eBay pair: tags seems to be sewn on even whereas the StockX pair: you can almost see the backside of the tag over the tongue.

I want to know if one these pairs are fake/UA or are they both legit? If one is fake/UA I want to point the fingers towards the StockX pair only because of the Nike Air logo on the tongue and the Nike Air logo on the insoles are facing the same direction.

Unfortunately these are the only 2 pairs of 2017 Royals I own, therefore I cannot compare them to another pair. Looking for some insight as soon as possible, any help would be greatly appreciated.

AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY & STOCKX 1.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY & STOCKX 2.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 1.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL STOCKX 1.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 2.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL STOCKX 2.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 3.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL STOCKX 3.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 4.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL STOCKX 4.jpg

AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 5.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL STOCKX 5.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 6.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL STOCKX 6.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 7.jpg
AJ 1 ROYAL STOCKX 7.jpg

Attachments

• AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 5.jpg
    AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 5.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 40
  • AJ 1 ROYAL STOCKX 5.jpg
    AJ 1 ROYAL STOCKX 5.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 46
  • AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 6.jpg
    AJ 1 ROYAL EBAY 6.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 49
You have to account for some variances in everything (materials, paneling, placement of logos etc.) when it comes to shoes. They're just impossible to be 100% identical every time. That said...
The NIKE air tag on the tongue - have seen extreme instances of the back 2 lines of text showing up front. Even seen the top of the word NIKE rolling on the top of the tongue before.
Toebox materials - very, very common to have different textured leather from shoe to shoe. This release specifically had plenty different textured toe box leathers. (Look at the rants in the release thread)
The NIKE air logo on the insole - Can't call this one. It's probably just a factory mistake since the shoe is definitely authentic. They should be like the ebay pair.

You have to account for some variances in everything (materials, paneling, placement of logos etc.) when it comes to shoes. They're just impossible to be 100% identical every time. That said...
The NIKE air tag on the tongue - have seen extreme instances of the back 2 lines of text showing up front. Even seen the top of the word NIKE rolling on the top of the tongue before.
Toebox materials - very, very common to have different textured leather from shoe to shoe. This release specifically had plenty different textured toe box leathers. (Look at the rants in the release thread)
The NIKE air logo on the insole - Can't call this one. It's probably just a factory mistake since the shoe is definitely authentic. They should be like the ebay pair.

Y Yafayn , Thanks for your insight. I didn't have a chance to follow or check the release thread, which I will do so now. But the NIKE AIR logo on the insole is what boggles me and makes me a little worried, which that pair came directly from StockX. I don't understand how it got passed through the authentication process...

I think both pairs are legit. The only thing fishy is the Nike Air logo on the insoles but that could be an inconsistency. If you want some piece of mind, contact fake education on Instagram and pay for a legit check.

stockx pair right insoles are stamped wrong mentioned above. could be mfgr error i guess

Y Yafayn , Thanks for your insight. I didn't have a chance to follow or check the release thread, which I will do so now. But the NIKE AIR logo on the insole is what boggles me and makes me a little worried, which that pair came directly from StockX. I don't understand how it got passed through the authentication process...

I also bought the same Air Jordan High OG Royal from Stock X & everything about the shoe looks & feels legit except for one inconstancy, the "Nike Air" on the insoles are facing the same direction. I have compared this to other Jordan 1 High OG's I have on hand & they are All facing opposite directions. I believe they are legit but of course I am going to continue to investigate this matter.

Both pairs are legit. Inconsistencies from materials are sometimes due to the size difference. The tumbled leather differs from each pair. If you compare the left and right pair they will definitely be a difference. Not so sure about the insoles tho. Probably email or call StockX for clarification.

I bought a pair of 11.5 Royals instore at Urban Necessities in Vegas. 6 months later I was actually Legit checking my Top3s against my other pairs of 1s and I noticed the nike air facing the same way...i think they’re legit. I have the same production dates as you 11/02-12/10. My upc number is different. Im sure cause we wear different sizes.

Back
Top Bottom