Legit Check - What The Kobe 8

looks good so far but side views would help confirm any doubt.

Ok, here is the picture of the side of the shoe, please let me know what you think. @waywayhooray  it seems pretty legit, but a second pair of eyes would be good.

Thanks!

These are legit. I don't know if you've seen the fake ones floating around. The blue shoe looks like snowmen scenery.

But the texture of the em is obvious. The ankle curve is pronounced. The logos on the shoe tongue are detailed. As long as you're happy with the price (which bottom line is the deciding factor) go ahead and pull the trigger!

These are legit. I don't know if you've seen the fake ones floating around. The blue shoe looks like snowmen scenery.

But the texture of the em is obvious. The ankle curve is pronounced. The logos on the shoe tongue are detailed. As long as you're happy with the price (which bottom line is the deciding factor) go ahead and pull the trigger!
Thanks @waywayhooray, yeah I'm happy with the price, but its like half what others are selling it for, and I've never bought from anyone other than Nike.com or Footlocker.com, or in store.

So I'm just being extra cautious, he's got me paying through PayPal invoice, so I should be covered if there is any issue, right?

Oh yeah, @GaussWho  , what do you mean by the "EM", sorry just want to make sure we are looking at the same thing. Whats the "EM" you refer to?
EM=Engineered Mesh.  It is the material that the shoe is made out of.  You can see that the EM has "holes" in it.  That means that the shoe is legit and made out of EM material.

Thanks @waywayhooray, yeah I'm happy with the price, but its like half what others are selling it for, and I've never bought from anyone other than Nike.com or Footlocker.com, or in store.

So I'm just being extra cautious, he's got me paying through PayPal invoice, so I should be covered if there is any issue, right?
Make sure he gives you a detailed PayPal invoice.  It should include the Invoice number, and details such as "100% Authentic Guaranteed".  Make sure the invoice includes the name of the shoe and size.  

In your email, it should say "You have received an invoice from _______."

Thanks @GaussWho  , it does say his email address and has this in the details "100% authentic what the kobes sz 13 DS", which just made me notice that the size is wrong, its supposed to be a size 10. So I'm going to have to make him correct that.

Thanks for your help and info!

compared to the Original poster's pictures, yours look very similar. ankle is good although nowadays they are doing a good job at fixing that. em is obvious in the first and fourth pics. I did hear from the Kobe 8 thread that someone posted real ones and shipped fake ones. 

To the naked eye it looks good based on the pics provided. However it has been common for sellers to display legit pics but send fake Shoes. be careful

How did the purchase go?
Hey guys, sorry I forgot to check back in here. The purchase was a scam, he continued to communicate with me via the Kixify email route, but very slowly, once I pulled the trigger and waited and waited, no shoes, he said something must have gone wrong he'd refund me, never got the refund, so I contacted PayPal who went through their normal route and finally sided with me and refunded me the entire $350. 

I reported him to Kixify as well, had to show proof he was trying to go around them for the sale, with the emails where he wanted me to pay via PayPal invoice and not through their site.

He eventually, after all my proof, was banned, I believe. 

I'm still PO'd he took me, now I can't ever trust anything like that again. 

And I'm still looking for some WTK's!!! 

Hey guys, sorry I forgot to check back in here. The purchase was a scam, he continued to communicate with me via the Kixify email route, but very slowly, once I pulled the trigger and waited and waited, no shoes, he said something must have gone wrong he'd refund me, never got the refund, so I contacted PayPal who went through their normal route and finally sided with me and refunded me the entire $350. 

I reported him to Kixify as well, had to show proof he was trying to go around them for the sale, with the emails where he wanted me to pay via PayPal invoice and not through their site.

He eventually, after all my proof, was banned, I believe. 

I'm still PO'd he took me, now I can't ever trust anything like that again. 

And I'm still looking for some WTK's!!! 
Sorry to hear you got scammed, but glad you got your money back.  That's why I always pay through PayPal when doing transactions online, because if they try to scam you, you can still get your money back.

I think I got scammed myself over a pair of Kobe shoes.  The package "mysteriously disappeared".  I will have to investigate.

Sorry to hear you got scammed, but glad you got your money back.  That's why I always pay through PayPal when doing transactions online, because if they try to scam you, you can still get your money back.

I think I got scammed myself over a pair of Kobe shoes.  The package "mysteriously disappeared".  I will have to investigate.
Yeah at first this guy tried to get me to use some other form of payment that I wasn't familiar with, something you buy at Wal Mart, and I didn't like that at all.

So I told him it had to be PayPal, to cover me.

Still ticks me off.

Yeah at first this guy tried to get me to use some other form of payment that I wasn't familiar with, something you buy at Wal Mart, and I didn't like that at all.
So I told him it had to be PayPal, to cover me.

Still ticks me off.

i fell for that wal mart thing. thought i covered my butt. didnt. nothing you can do about that if you send the money that way

Can I get a legit check on these? I'm trying to convince this person their pair is fake. My eyes aren't trained to spot fakes good but I think the toe box looks suspect to me. Please help me convince this person. Hit them on IG if you want to lol.
View media item 820432

Back
Top Bottom