Legit & Price Check: Jordan Retro IV's

Hey guys, I'm right back at it in need of some legit check help. I recently purchased my first two pair's of Jordan 4's and well since I'm not an expert in the field, I would appreciate some help. I would have specifically labeled the thread, but since I'm getting my other pair in the mail tomorrow I didn't find a point in starting a different thread. The pair I received today are the 2012 Jordan Bred IV's according to the style number after doing a Google search and I paid $270 shipped DS with the box. The pair I'm waiting for to come in the mail tomorrow are the 2012 Fire Red 4's I believe, DS in box as well and I paid $207 shipped for those. I'll first insert pictures of the Bred IV's and tomorrow I'll insert pictures of the Fire Red IV's.

View media item 759346
View media item 759347
View media item 759349
View media item 759354
View media item 759350
View media item 759351
View media item 759352
EDIT: I tried getting better pictures of the tongue and the paint job on the undersole of the Bred IV's. I also took a picture of the inside size tag that I should have included in the original pictures, I hope that helps a lot more.

View media item 759604
View media item 759614
View media item 759615
View media item 759618
View media item 759626
View media item 759646
View media item 759705
View media item 759706
View media item 759707
View media item 759708
Alright guys as promised, here are some pictures of the Fire Red IV's that came in the mail today. I forgot to originally mention that these along with Bred IV's came with receipts/email confirmations. I took many pictures, hopefully someone can help me out with this second pair. Even though I'm 99.9% sure they're legit, it's better to be safe than sorry right?

View media item 761124
View media item 761125
View media item 761129
View media item 761128
View media item 761134
View media item 761146
View media item 761142
View media item 761144
View media item 761147
View media item 761149
View media item 761150

Last edited:
look legit, white paint undersole looks shoddy but that's about it

I think it may be because I took some pictures with flash, if you want I can try taking a better picture? Thank you for your reply by the way.

EDIT: I tried getting better pictures, but yeah, the paint job quality isn't all that.

might just be the sz but that tongue looks too tall, besides that they check out IMO

My mistake with the tongue, I pulled out and as tall as possible because sometimes the design on the tongue can be a deal breaker. If you want, I can put them just how I got them (better yet how they should be) so you can get a better look. Thank you for taking the time to look at my pictures and helping me out.

EDIT: I don't know if it's actually due to the size of the shoe or because it's a picture looking straight forward, but I tried taking a better picture and it looks the same. But, the weird thing is that from the side or from side angles the tongues of the shoe's look just like I imagine they're supposed to look. They don't look tall or anything if you look at it from the side. My theory is, the tongues look as tall as they do because I'm not wearing them, so maybe the shoe size and nothing really behind them puts an emphasis on the height of the tongues. But, I don't know much about how a legitimate Bred IV tongue should look like either.

Last edited:
tongue looks fine to me, my toros are similar

I wouldn't say these are perfect reps.. won't comment on GM v RD

I'd be happy with these man, go hard

The tongue height should be around your shin area.

Also check for the "TWENTYTWELVE" engraved on the tongues.

They look legit to me.

Hope this helps!

-KiCKz

tongue looks fine to me, my toros are similar

I wouldn't say these are perfect reps.. won't comment on GM v RD

I'd be happy with these man, go hard

Well, I forgot to mention this and it's pretty embarrassing in a legit check thread, but the guy provided me the receipt or email confirmation order along with his shipping confirmation email. If everything checks out, then I'd be 100% confident that I bought a legit pair. I'm 99.9% sure it's legit, I just want to confirm or be reassured by the NT community.

The tongue height should be around your shin area.
Also check for the "TWENTYTWELVE" engraved on the tongues.

They look legit to me.
Hope this helps!

-KiCKz

I forgot that the 4's and 5's do have a twenty twelve and twenty thirteen engraved on the side of the tongues. I took out the laces and took a few pictures to the best of my abilities of the twenty twelve engraving on the side of the tongues. If you could take a look and give me your opinion on how they look I would really appreciate it.

Look legit to me man. Nice pickup

Thanks I really appreciate it man, do you think $270 on the resale market is a decent price? I saw a lot of these shoe's at least in this size going for upwards of $300 deadstock.

Yeah man price seems fair... Give or take $20 lol

If I could have had these for $250 I'd be extra happy. But being a size 13, looking for a specific deadstock pair of shoe's that's an absolute classic and must have in my collection, I'm blessed to have worked my way down from the buy it now price of $325 plus shipping down to $270 shipped. The dude was cool, he sent me all his email receipts (order confirmation and shipping confirmation) and everything checked out on that end and everything seems to be checking out on this end so $270 isn't too bad. I wish I would have copped for retail though lol.

I forgot that the 4's and 5's do have a twenty twelve and twenty thirteen engraved on the side of the tongues. I took out the laces and took a few pictures to the best of my abilities of the twenty twelve engraving on the side of the tongues. If you could take a look and give me your opinion on how they look I would really appreciate it.
Legit brotha!

-KiCKz

Legit brotha!

-KiCKz

Thanks bro, I really appreciate it! I was getting nervous and sweating puddles. I don't have a lot of shoe's like a lot of the people on NT do, but the few that I do own I want to be proud owners of them and well I don't condone owning any fake shoe's, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I did my research, and bought the pair from a reputable eBay seller who was more than willing to provide me with the order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails he possessed. But, being new to all of this I don't want to be naive and take a resellers word and then find out I spent almost $300 on fake shoe's. That's why I love these legit checks, it's helps out a lot of the newer members like me from shelling out cash on coveted shoe's that are illegitimate.

Hey guys, I posted up picture's of the Fire Red IV's I got in the mail today. If you guy's could please check them out and let me know what you think I'd really appreciate it.

It is possible for GM's to have the 'twentytwelve' on the tongue. I should know because I came across a really really good looking pair of bred 4's with the 'twentytwelve' on the tongue and ended up being GM. BUT... these ones in the pictures are not. So, OP you're good here! Don't worry too much about the paint on the soles either because plenty of the JB quality on the soles have been really inconsistent on these retros.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom