Legit question, How can you not hit the gym at all and be a 20 yr old range male?

WHEN I WAS 20 I WAS SO BUSY GOING OUT AND BBOYING THAT IT KEPT MY BODY IN SHAPE PLUS I HAD NO $$ TO EAT OR GO TO THE GYM..I PLAYED TONS OF BASKETBALL TO KEEP ME ACTIVE...NO IM 31 I REFEREE COLLEGE & HS BASKETBALL SO THESE KIDS KEEP ME RUNNING BUT I HAVE JOINED THE GYM TO GET MY D1 MAAC BIG EAST SHAPE DOWN!!!

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Sex helps... 

happy.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

with a partner that is, not yourself.

frown.gif

Nah, I dont have any children, and I'm not one to make excuses because even if I did have a child, I could still get a workout in, but I'm just saying...
Originally Posted by Al Audi

i just feel your tryna make up an excuse for you bein out of shape.

Of course you do, kids love to use that line. I'm not an excuse kinda guy though... I dont have an excuse for being out of shape.
ATLien Seeko wrote:
It's a conscious decision that I make, but I'll get that in order soon.

And the thread title is sort of "I'm better than you" in a condescendingly way. Like I said, it's hypocritical and rhetorical because for every question you ask like that, I can ask you another in the same light. We could go on for days, but the reason I say it's sort of "I'm better than you" is because I could ask you something like "I dont understand how you can not have a drivers license and car and be in your 20's." Everybody's situation is different homey. You CAN understand how somebody can be in their 20's and not hit the gym. If that's out of your mental range, then I dont understand how you can not understand how somebody in their 20's can not hit the gym.
grin.gif
See? It's rhetorical and when you ask questions like that, if the person you're asking is in their 20's and they dont hit the gym, you make them sort of a target. Simple concept homey.

And for the record, I do random workouts here and there throughout my day (calf lifts in the shower, Perfect Pushups while I'm on the computer/Playstation, hand grips, etc...)

I cant afford a gym membership, so I run at the park near my house and do push ups,sit ups, and lift some weights in my garage.

I never work out until I notice myself gaining weight.
then once I do start I never actually stick to it

the 40's and fast food caught up to me, and the metabolism slowed down...gained a good 50lbs....

got a gym membership in august 08, stayed on my gym grind all of 09....now its just a habit..workout 3-5 times a week.

6'6 200 21

I've never "hit" the gym do you think the "gym" has been around forever?

smh.gif

I fell off, man. Not too bad thought probably 10 or 15 pounds over from where I want to be, but thanks for the reminder i'm getting back on my @$@@

im 20 and i never touched a gym in my life, except in 9th grade 4 1 semester.

And all the chicks swear i work out.

I dont as much as lift a damn Dumbell.

But I am a regular Basketball player.

Originally Posted by JediMaster23

im 20 and i never touched a gym in my life, except in 9th grade 4 1 semester.

And all the chicks swear i work out.

I dont as much as lift a damn Dumbell.

But I am a regular Basketball player.

Sooo, you work out.

I pay a school recreation fee each quarter so why not go? Always good looking girls there to meet.

I tore my ACL/MCL/Meniscus last Jan playing basketball. Couldn't afford to miss work/classes for a week to get surgery so I just didn't. Couldn't do much and gained around 20-30lbs in that year.

I decided to do what I could in the gym and get back in shape since until I graduate this semester, surgery isn't really an option
smh.gif
I lost 10lbs my first week and a half, maintained for the next 2 weeks, and lost another couple as of now. I feel good and my legs have never felt stronger

33% of the year it's impossible for me to be in the gym or have any type of routine. I make up for it by taking the stairs at work and walking wherever I can.

Holiday + tax season = instant weight gain

Not quite as bad as the "freshman 15". I do try and make up for a lack of exercise by having good food/nutritional value. However, after +!#%@$ day that gets blown by booze and other vices.

gymhead here as well...

didn't really start getting interested in working out until i began kung-fu last april.

i was a pretty frail dude at the time...(i'm 5'9" was weighing like 145). but after a couple months of kung-fu i started seeing changes in my body. we do lots of push-ups in class so i was seeing results on my chest and arms...i was starting to lose my beer gut and seeing some abs pokin thru. it was pretty dope to see these changes...

i started P90x in August...did the full 90 days and since finishing that i just been hitting the gym up religiously. eating better, reading up online for workouts. my body is looking great, my confidence is thru the roof, my clothes are fitting nice on me. It feels great to have people @ work or people you haven't seen in a while make a comment about how you're looking.

btw i'm weighing like 160 now...so i definitely have gained some size

i #@+!+% up my back in the gym, pulled this muscle & its never been the same, smh.

this really really hurt me & my improvements that i planned.

i just diet and lift very very light.

When I was in college I went religiously, 5'10" 215 pounds. After I got married, I stopped going to the gym, started eating a little better (worse), and hit 250 pounds after a year of marriage. I'm back down to 226 pounds, which means I've lost ~25 pounds in a year and a half. I used to be big on weight lifting but I'm more interested now in trimming up, so I've just been doing a lot of running and cycling, and occasionally I'll just do sets of flat bench/incline with 50 lb. dumbbells (highest they have at my apt. fitness center).

I've been trying to force myself into the routine of 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 curls (per arm, 35 lb. dumbbells), but I can't seem to find the motivation to force myself to do it.

Since the beginning of the year my dad and I have kind of been in a weight loss competition.

On January 1st he was 245.75, now he is 217.50 (28.25 pounds lost in 9 weeks)
On January 1st I was 236, now i am 226 (10 pounds lost in 9 weeks)

Im 24 and I work full time and Im in grad school...not to make excuses tho...im lazy as hell and Im not fat but im so outta shape its a shame

If you saw me in person you wud prolly think im healthy....but my cardio is weak, I really wanna work on it but on my down time Im just watching tv or surfing the net listening to music

Gotta gym at my apt complex and erything and my ole lady gotta indoor bball court at hers.... I never take advantage of them... smh at me!!

Back
Top Bottom