Lehigh Valley (ABE Area-Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)

Are there any sneakerheads in this area? I feel like me and a handful of heads are the only ones. I lived in Philly for 5 years and just getting used to beingback here for the time being. Ya'll got any spots? Let me know.

Only spots I mess with in the area:

Sneaker Villa- Allentown and Bethlehem locations. Props to Scott in the A and Nehem in B town for keeping my jays and quickstrikes on blast in my size 9!
Homebase- def keeping the 610 fresh with the SB line and LRG gear! PO you are the man for keeping my hold section on lock. Homebase is where the heartis....for sure...

And thats pretty much it, IMO.

Bethlehem here. i hit up the Villa every once and a while...they are ight sometimes with the Air Maxes/Trainers, but it's hit or miss. aside from thatthere's nothin around here.

I live in Allentown. I'm not a sneakerhead though. I don't even buy sneakers like that anymore.

Other spots that haven't been mentioned is Parks which is right across the street from Sneaker Villa. They have a couple older pairs of Air Max 1, Air Max90, Jordans, etc in various sizes.

New York Urban between 6th and 7th and Hamilton has the same type of sneaker account Sneaker Villa does I believe . Last time I was in there they had Fusions,Foams, Air Max AF1, etc.

There is also Army and Navy across from the Lehigh Valley Mall that has a buy one get one 50 percent off sale all of the time on everything. I bought out allof the MarsIV, Fire Red 3, etc, with that deal. They haven't gotten any recent Jordans since the Aqua's. They didn't even get the XXIII. They didget the fusion XII though so it might be worth checking out.

I lived in Easton pretty much my whole life (I'm in Philly now).

Anything limited was always bought online. I got normal Jordans from Schukyl Valley Sports in the Palmer Mall. Got SB's from Homebase (Futura's,Hunters, Unkles, Shanghai 2's).

I'm very happy to be in Philly now where everything is simple to get.

Originally Posted by AirPortchy

Good to see a couple heads in the area or from the area. Def not many of us around LOL.
there's a hell of a lot of hypebeasts in the LV though...Kanye sacriders, "scenesters", etc. they aren't too hard to find either.just spend a couple minutes on myspace, or a couple minutes walking around southside bethlehem...you are sure to run into some.

^ LOL there isn't much to hype about around here, its pretty beat. Kinda funny you say that, I guess tho, to each his own.

that's my exact point. whole lotta dudes runnin around who think they somethin that they aren't...

I hear you, I just do me and buy what I like.

For all you Nike SB lovers out there, check out Homebase in Bethlehem for all your skateboarding and hot footwear needs. Gotta a bigger better location and myhomie there gets all the heat!!! They will be re-opening soon keep posted on the myspace. /homebase610

I'm not too far from Allentown. I'm in Scranton. The FootAction up here gets quite a bit of heat, but I usually go to Philly for the limited stuff(Penny Foams for example). I haven't been to any of the Allentown spots lately, but awhile back I got the Knicks Penny 1's from a shop downtown. Ican't remember the name of the place, but it was run by a really nice older Asian lady. The Penny 1's were just released when I was there, and she gavethem to me $100. I was pretty happy. I'd definitely go back there if I was in the Allentown area more often. The place was on a corner, with anothersneaker spot right across the street.

If anyone knows the name of the place, I'd definitely appreciate it if someone could tell me!

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

I'm not too far from Allentown. I'm in Scranton. The FootAction up here gets quite a bit of heat, but I usually go to Philly for the limited stuff (Penny Foams for example). I haven't been to any of the Allentown spots lately, but awhile back I got the Knicks Penny 1's from a shop downtown. I can't remember the name of the place, but it was run by a really nice older Asian lady. The Penny 1's were just released when I was there, and she gave them to me $100. I was pretty happy. I'd definitely go back there if I was in the Allentown area more often. The place was on a corner, with another sneaker spot right across the street.

If anyone knows the name of the place, I'd definitely appreciate it if someone could tell me!
i think u r talking about Park's. and right across the street is Sneaker Villa.

^yep and the Asian lady he was refering to her name is Mama lol. I have been going there for 20+ years and she always mentions how tall I have gotten. Shealways takes money off shoes for me even Jordans and things she knows will sell out. Really nice woman.

Yep, I can vouch for the discount there. She gave me a pair of the jordan 1 lows in all white with the icey blue sole for a real good price. Def good peeps.I'd love to see what gems are in the stock room!!!

Yes! Park's...that's the place! Mama was so cool. I didn't even ask if the Pennys were on sale or anything, she just said "I'll give themto you for $100." Instantly copped!

I've got to take a ride down there when I get my economic stimulus check!

Thanks guys!

Now I'm going to sound silly but i have family in Allen town. they moved there back in 1987. one of my aunts lives across the street from that tall jailhouse. not sure if u Allentown cats know what I'm talking about. shes like down the block from one of the greyhound stops. i told u i sound silly. lol buti go to Allen town at least twice a month to visit. what i would love however is to find an old mom and pop shop out in Allen town, and see if they haveog's.

^ Not many OG's here in the A I don't believe, but if I was to guess Park's may have some left and they are not to far from the jail. Other thanthat I have no clue, I usually go to Philly for my OG's.

^^ yeah philly is loaded with og's i go there and sometimes to baltimore. so many og's it's crazy.

Now I'm going to sound silly but i have family in Allen town. they moved there back in 1987. one of my aunts lives across the street from that tall jail house. not sure if u Allentown cats know what I'm talking about. shes like down the block from one of the greyhound stops. i told u i sound silly. lol but i go to Allen town at least twice a month to visit. what i would love however is to find an old mom and pop shop out in Allen town, and see if they have og's.
You are talking about Lehigh County Prison on 4th and Linden. The bus stop to New York is right down the block.

As far as finding a mom and pop shop for OG's, I pretty much ran through all them (for my size anyway 10.5-11). In Parks they have a lot of old Air Max 1,Air Force 1, on display but not in my size. They have the original ShoxBB in purple and silver on display, but they can't find the other shoe in theback
laugh.gif
. I wish I could just go back there one day but Mama isn'thaving that. Plus the young cat's in the front are too worried about selling drugs in the store than helping me find some old classics in the back, so Idon't even bother with them.

Across the street from Parks there is a store called Big Apple Fashion. They are only open like 3-4 times a week. I bought the mustard XVI(I don't know theNT term sorry) from him for 40 dollars like 3 years ago. I just asked him what shoes he had in the back that are 10.5-11 and he just started bring out boxes.He still has some original zoom 95's, jewel air force one's, Bo Jackson's, and a couple other very old shoes on display, but they aren'twrapped and are kind of dirty, and they weren't in my size. I know he has some stuff in the back people on NT would appreciate.

classy freshman. thanks a billion for the info kid. yeah that's exactly where my aunt lives. I'm definitely going to check out them mom and pop shops.sometimes i don't get my size so it's all good. but yeah kid thank's for the info if i swing out there i'll holla at you.

Homebase is back OPEN right around the corner from the old shop.

Across from Sneaker Villa, to fulfill all your Nike SB and general skateboarding needs.

Everyone get their 6/17 packs OK here in the Valley?

Just wondering I know all my lil spots are done with all theirs and have been since early last week.

^I passed on the 6/17 pack. I had the opportunity to buy it early but I didn't really want it.

There are still some packs out there. I know there is a size 10 at Big Apple fashions.

I heard an older Arab gentleman bought ALL of the the packs at Sneaker Villa. Who are you
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
??? Are you the same person who used to buy out all of theJordans from Just for Feet back in the day???

man, just for feet. i totally forgot about that place.

parks was probably my favorite place when i lived in allentown, she would always hook up the price.

andys footwear on the east side used to be a good place too. that closed years ago.

i havent lived in allentown for a few years now but where is sneaker villa at? i only remember seeing sneaker villa in reading and philly

Back
Top Bottom