Leona Lewis Appreciation.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Leona can sing obviously, but....

1. She is not on par with Mariah and Whitney, and people need to stop trying to force that on everyone. Let her be the first Leona... thanks.
2. She lacks presence and she's very boring. Her vocal range is incredible, BUT often times it's empty and lacks soul/conviction.
3. I'm rooting for her because unlike 95% of the industry, she's actually VERY talented and she deserves to blow. But the comparisons are unwarranted, especially after her debut album. She's gotta come waaaay harder than that if she plans on getting even NEAR their levels.

In this respect she is actually very much like Mariah. Mariah is no doubt an incredible singer, but the big knock her throughout her career has been hervery poor stage presence and live shows in general. She didn't tour for a long time when she got started because she couldn't even perform live withany sort of confidence.

However, Leona's I Will Always Love You is the closest anyone on any of these talents shows has ever come to duplicating the original.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Leona can sing obviously, but....

1. She is not on par with Mariah and Whitney, and people need to stop trying to force that on everyone. Let her be the first Leona... thanks.
2. She lacks presence and she's very boring. Her vocal range is incredible, BUT often times it's empty and lacks soul/conviction.
3. I'm rooting for her because unlike 95% of the industry, she's actually VERY talented and she deserves to blow. But the comparisons are unwarranted, especially after her debut album. She's gotta come waaaay harder than that if she plans on getting even NEAR their levels.

i COMPLETELY agree with number 1 in your statement.

Back
Top Bottom