Let Me Just Get This Out There ... vol. Real Life

if you must know why i was so entrenched in yesterdays game, my aunt in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer and only has at most 6 months to live ... my uncle is a die hard Vikings fan ... their life has been a living hell and turned upside down in the past week ...

so before you get your panties in a bunch over a message board and certain sideways comments, realize that there is this thing called real life ... and this thing some of you take so seriously called niketalk is nothing but a message board ...

did i really affect the course of history and your lives by saying "where's katrina when you need her?" ... was that like the end all be all in life? we were watching a GAME and commenting about it on a MESSAGE BOARD and nothing i, or any of you said affected the outcome ... and no sideways comment i, or anyone said affected REAL LIFE, katrina or cancer ...

so whichever mod banned me for whatever reason, keep the screen name ... but just understand that sometimes people get on this E-COMMUNITY, not to gain e-fame or make e-funnies, but to escape reality for a few hours ... and if anything said on here really gets you up in arms and affects your life to the point where you think about it for more than 2 seconds, reevaluate your being ...

tis all ...

where's katrina when you need her
yeah...I would have banned you too.
consider this current backup SN gone too.

just understand that sometimes people get on this E-COMMUNITY, not to gain e-fame or make e-funnies, but to escape reality for a few hours
the same could be said for the thousands of other members on the board. -- respect is a two way street.

If its true then sorry about your aunt....

But then how are you going to go on your other name and write damn to ump this post?
roll.gif

If what you said about your Aunt is true, I'm sorry to hear that but that in no way excuses what you said.

So you go on your 3rd back up name and bump your post? Sorry to hear about your family problems but that @++$ don't excuse some of that stuff you were saying yesterday.

Originally Posted by Proshares

So you go on your 3rd back up name and bump your post? Sorry to hear about your family problems but that @++$ don't excuse some of that stuff you were saying yesterday.
that one is gone too.

I replied 'Damn' to dirtys post and his banning of another name ... like I said, he can have the names ...

I see it still hasn't sunk in for most of you so ill try one more time ... THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE ... coming in here saying 'it still doesn't excuse what you said' ... are you serious? A real life problem doesn't excuse something typed on a message board? ... y'all are something else lol ...

I said where's katrina when you need her and I hope mcrays mother dies ... ... ... neither of which had any bearing on the world or any of you in particular ... but still peoples feelings get hurt lol ... smh ... y'all really think I genuinely wish that another katrina hit? Y'all genuinely believe I hope mcrays mother dies? ... ... ...

As I said before, try to laugh a little on the internet ... if y'all get that upset over what people type, I can't imagine what happens when you get into the real world ...

Originally Posted by toine2983

If what you said about your Aunt is true, I'm sorry to hear that but that in no way excuses what you said.

This.  Trust I know what you're going through seeing as I went through it last year, minus it being terminal.  With that said you still have to conduct yourself with a level of class Charlie
smh.gif

y'all really think I genuinely wish that another katrina hit? Y'all genuinely believe I hope mcrays mother dies? ... ... ...

Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

yeah... and I'll "take" this SN too.

as far as Katrina not affecting anyone directly...how do you know that?...
to make light of such an event that effected thousands of people, caused over 80billion in damages, and killed over 1500 people is asinine and point blank immature

I laugh plenty on the internet... I don't laugh at simpletons like you who make fun of one of the most terrible natural disasters in recent history and think that NT is their own personal sandbox.
[table][tr][td]Meaher Patrick Turner[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Age:[/td][td]85[/td][/tr][tr][td]Parish:[/td][td]Orleans, LA [/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]
MEAHER_PATRICK_TURNER.jpg

Meaher Patrick Turner, 1920-2005

Elizabeth Mullener
Staff writer

Every Sunday, until his wife died three years ago, Meaher PatrickTurner had the whole family for dinner. The group was 17 strong,including children and grandchildren, and the gatherings wereboisterous and joyful.

Turner always cooked roast beef with mashed potatoes and green peas. Healways said grace before the meal. And he always sounded off about thethings that were on his mind: the latest doings at St. Maria GorettiChurch or the way cable television was ruining the younger generationor what a wonderful president George W. Bush was.

"His personality was, he was always right," daughter Sheila Williamssaid. "And we agreed with him. Even when we thought he was wrong."

Born and reared in Faubourg Marigny, Turner graduated from St. AloysiusHigh School and spent most of his career with the Federal HousingAuthority, beginning as a clerk and retiring as a chief underwriter. Heserved in the infantry in the Pacific Theater during World War II. Hewas married for 58 years to Cecile Gracianette, with whom he raisedfour children in eastern New Orleans' Kenilworth neighborhood.

As with the Sunday evening dinners, Turner had his routines. He went toMass every morning. He said his prayers every night. He went on retreatat Manresa every August. He spent Mardi Gras at Lee Circle. He spentChristmas Eve at home in a Santa Claus suit, hosting a grand party. Andevery summer, he took his family to Biloxi, Miss., for vacation.

And then there were the Tulane games. Turner had a soft spot in hisheart for Tulane University football, and for about 40 years, he boughtseason tickets -- one for him, one for his son, Pat.

"We made all the games, ever since I was about 9 or 10 years old," Pat Turner said.

"Political-wise and social-wise, my point of view was different than mydaddy's. He was a more conservative type of guy; I was more a rebel.But when it came to Tulane, we always agreed on Tulane."

As Hurricane Katrina was bearing down on New Orleans, the elder Turner's children implored him to evacuate.

"We started aggravating my daddy on Friday -- and then Saturday and Sunday, too," Williams said.

But Turner was resolute: He had evacuated last year for Hurricane Ivanand, after a long and laborious trip to Austin, Texas, he had swornhe'd never do it again.

Besides, he told his children, these hurricanes always take a turn at the last minute and go elsewhere.

"He basically laughed," Williams said, "and he told me, 'If anything bad happens, I'm 85 years old, I've lived my life.' "

Something bad did happen. It appears to have been a heart attack.

"We all talked to him in the middle of the storm," daughter CharlotteWightman said. "He said it was windy and his electricity was out andthe weather was bad. But no water. He was OK.

"But then the levees broke, and we never could contact him again."

About two weeks later, the family got the New Orleans Fire Department to go to the house and check on their father.

They found Turner's body in the attic, with a baseball bat, a crucifix and three religious medals.
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Lylton Andrew Collins[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Age:[/td][td]60[/td][/tr][tr][td]Parish:[/td][td]Orleans, LA [/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]
LYLTON_ANDREW_COLLINS.jpg

Lylton Andrew Collins, 1945-2005

Maria Montoya
Staff writer

"It was 'lead, follow or get out of the way' with my dad," said DariusCollins Sr. of his father, Lylton Andrew Collins, a New Orleans nativewho raised his two sons, Darius and Lylton Collins Jr., in eastern NewOrleans. "A true trailblazer, that's who my father was to us."

Lylton was born in 1945 at Charity Hospital, and became the first inhis family to attend and graduate from college. He studied accountingat Grambling State University, where he met his future wife, Vina. Thepair kept in touch while Lylton served in Vietnam, and when he returnedto the States after three years in the Army, he took a job in theuniversity's accounting department to be close to her.

Shortly after she finished school, the couple married and moved toTexas, then Alabama and New York City, where Lylton did financial workfor the Veterans Administration. After more than a decade in New York,Collins began longing for home and in 1980 moved his family back to NewOrleans, where he was named the assistant chief of the New Orleans VAfiscal department.

Vina said her husband never stopped missing the city and wanted toshare his love for Mardi Gras, gumbo and good music with his children.

"I'll never forget him teaching us how to make gumbo," Lylton CollinsJr. said. "We'd make the rounds to the Circle Food Store and buy allthe meat. Then I'd cut up the sausage and my brother peeled theshrimp."When father and sons weren't cooking, they enjoyed watching Saintsgames together. Though they took occasional fishing trips, Lyltonwasn't a big outdoorsman; he often sat on the boat and watched TV whilethe others were wetting a line.

A jazz music aficionado, Lylton often would encourage his son Darius tosing for him. The Sunday night before Katrina hit, as he waited out thestorm, Lylton asked Darius, who was in Las Vegas, to sing "I'll FlyAway" over the phone.

His son obliged and gave up trying to convince his father to evacuate.Vina had made her way to Shreveport on Saturday, but Lylton wasdetermined to stay in his home.

The family last spoke to Lylton around 5 p.m. Aug. 29. There was waterin their neighborhood, but no more than they had experienced inprevious floods; Lylton did not sound worried, they said. Vinaspeculates that once the phone lines died, her husband went to sleep,just as he had done in previous storms, and continued sleeping as thewater rose and eventually engulfed him.

"I know how hard my husband could sleep," Vina said. "When that water rose, he was sleeping and just didn't know what hit him.

"It never dawned on him that he wouldn't be safe in our house. Never."

His body was recovered in his home and only recently released from St. Gabriel's morgue.

"He felt if it was his time to go he wouldn't want to be anywhere morethan New Orleans," Darius said. "He would say to us, 'Stand forsomething or fall for anything,' and that's how he felt about NewOrleans. He stood firm in his love for his home -- this city."[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yall keep quoting him, he'll keep sayin outlandish stuff.

none of yall aint got kids or been around toddlers. they'll bang toys and make noise til they get the attention they want...

same premise.
same +@%@, different day

Back
Top Bottom