let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Man, y'all really acting like we traded Kyrie Irving for Chauncey Billups.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

I know Steve Nash is one of the best PGs in the league but he is 37. Has about 3 years left and he will be traded for a guard who has the potential to be a all star in about 3-4 years. He is also one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. The whole move is just stupid. Jr tho is a great move

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Donnie Walsh helped give the Knicks youth, depth, out of bad contracts, and then Dolan forced him out so he can do what he wants again.

I won't post anymore until I see anything official.

Please Donnie did nothing. He dumped contracts and got nothing of value for them. Then he got fleeced in the Rockets deal. I hate reading how "Donnie saved us". He just undid Isiahs mistakes and got us nothing in those trades.

laugh.gif
Shumpert is a 22 yo rookie with incredible talent and a very high ceiling. Already has an established defensive presence after 1 year and great athleticism. If he continues the way he has been, I don't see why he can't be a top 5 SG in the league in a few years.

How many years does Nash have in him? Will he remain healthy with our medical staff? Who is guarding Rondo, Wade, Kobe, Westbrook, Rose, or any other halfway decent PG/SG? Thats great if Nash gets the offense clicking but theres two sides to a ball game. Chandler cant do it on his own.

I don't know. I just view this as a loss for us.

It's happening, the organization just told RR to chill. Hopefully they drop him, I'm sick of that damn Friday Night Knicks song.
sick.gif

How many times have we had rookies that had great years and we refused to trade them for anything, then they turn out to be lower level role players?

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

hold up...is it possible that JR Smith and not Shumpert could be in a sign and trade deal?? 
nerd.gif

It really seems to me that this is the case given JRs tweets. Makes a lot more sense than him being sad about Shumpert. I dont even know where all this shumpert for nash talk started either. What's the 2-0 mean though? Did we cut his brother before summer league?And like someone else said, I'd rather have Shumpert Lin and Kidd than Nash and Lin, I'd also rather have smith Lin and Kidd than Nash and lin. we have no 2 guard till at least December w shumpert out...

How many times have we had rookies that had great years and we refused to trade them for anything, then they turn out to be lower level role players?
I'm just salty that Agua and the Craptors might cost us Shump.
Might as well'a gave Shump a medicine ball on his way out.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I'm just salty that Agua and the Craptors might cost us Shump.
Might as well'a gave Shump a medicine ball on his way out.
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah I think my frustration with this trade and for most people should be directed towards the Raptors because they were so desperate for Nash when they aren't close to winning anything. The Knicks could have used Fields as a piece in this trade and held on to Shumpert.

It just irks me we are probably giving away one of the top perimeter defenders in the league with a ton of upside. Nash will most definitely improve our offense but I now am very concerned about our defense (outside of Chandler).

Shumpert is not a low level role player.

He has the ability to effectively guard Wade and D. Rose and is the only slasher on the roster, that alone would make him close to untradeable on another team.

How many times have we traded young talent for aging stars and it turned out to be a horrible look?...Thats the real question. Thats our team legacy and we better not do it again.

Like Amish said, I would rather sign Kidd for the minimum and resign Lin if it means not parting ways with Shump.

But nothing is final yet, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed at this point. Hopefully its JR that's involved.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

hold up...is it possible that JR Smith and not Shumpert could be in a sign and trade deal?? 
nerd.gif

It really seems to me that this is the case given JRs tweets. Makes a lot more sense than him being sad about Shumpert.

Yep. I'm willing to bet that it's JR too. But I doubt it will be just him. Maybe JR and Novak or something.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Didn't wade destroy shump on efficient shooting in the series?

for the playoffs? Shump only played a half a game then got hurt

JR would have to agree, since he's unrestricted.
And if he agreed, he wouldn't be eating vaseline right now.

Back
Top Bottom