let this thread die (NYK)

The Timberwolves made a "generous" offer to free agent Ronnie Brewer, but the former Chicago Bulls shooting guard preferred to sign with the New York Knicks, Brewer's agent, Henry Thomas, told the Pioneer Press on Tuesday, July 24.

Brewer, an unrestricted free agent, signed a one-year deal with the Knicks on Tuesday.

"Minnesota was very interested in Ronnie and was very aggressive about it," Thomas said. "For the things that were important to him, he felt that the better move was to go to New York. Ronnie was more comfortable with the opportunity there."
Nobody will ever take less and come to New York to play with a fake "superstar" like Melo.

We got a little squad right now :pimp:

Brewer is a great pickup! We have vets that can actually contribute instead of riding the bench ala Juwan Howard. We have our front line that (hopefully) will come back in full force. STAT, this is a huge season for you bruh. There really isn't any deadweight now that I think about it. Novak needs to develop one or two more moves. JR needs to come back with the same defensive enthusiasm as well.

The only thing that concerns me is chemistry. The good thing is we have a full training camp and a regularly scheduled season to work things out. How Felton/Kidd/Amar'e/Melo mesh will be key.

edit: really wish those were our regular unis.

Last edited:
Carmelo Anthony is selfish.

I mean tru.... but I'm not a bitter trolling nuggets fan, and since Melo is my favorite player, I hope the Knicks win every game this season except for when they play the nuggets. But the melo hate has been outrageous since he was in the mile high, but hopefully if everything works out for the Knicks, all the Melo and Knicks naysayers will be silenced

Although I'm still upset about the Lin situation( MSG has lost nearly 340 million dollars since that debacle) I'm strangely optimistic about this coming season. We really improved the team in every shape and form, and on paper we're a very dangerous defensive team. Defense wins championships and it feels like this team is a throwback to our old 90's teams that New York loved. Let's hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom