let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by d3simet

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

On the coaching tip, pause, if it's not Zen Master I want to keep MDA.
Same here. 
roll.gif
its funny reading this in comparison to earlier in the season

I think i've been held my stance on MDA since last year. With right people he can win. before Lin I didn't he could do anything here.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Al Iannazzone Tyson Chandler challenged his teammates at halftime, asking them what kind of team do they want to be. "A lot of times teams can get lured into thinking we can turn it on, we can turn it on for the playoffs, we'll find our rhythm," Chandler said. "No, you've got to make your rhythm."

This is exactly what the team needs. They play down to competition too much. 

Well, Novak has been a revelation hasnt he? We need to throw him some loot season's end. Shooters like him dont come too often...If only we didnt throw Douglas all that cash.

I love that this team finally has a good bench. Early in the season, being down double digits and the starters needing a rest, that lead would have doubled. But the starters weren't hitting shots early, then the bench came in and KILLED it. That was the best part of the win

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Al Iannazzone Tyson Chandler challenged his teammates at halftime, asking them what kind of team do they want to be. "A lot of times teams can get lured into thinking we can turn it on, we can turn it on for the playoffs, we'll find our rhythm," Chandler said. "No, you've got to make your rhythm. You've got to make teams miss. I just let my teammates know if we really want to be true contenders, on nights like this we have to show it. Nothing is going to come easy."

Tyson is overrated and overpaid.
Tyson's a true leader and a alpha male.  I wish I could say the same for Amare, @!!++% bum.

Damn so now people want to keep Pringles?

Real happy with how things have been going and real excited about the potential but honestly there's no doubt in my mind Pringles gets out-coached in the playoffs. Yes, Lin's emergence probably doesn't happen to this degree under another coach but I'm pretty sure y'all are gonna be calling for heads come playoff time if we can't get out of the first round. Those games are going to come down to 1-2, maybe 3 critical possessions where it actually matter what a coach tells his team. Pringles proved last year in the Boston series how bad he really is when forced to use his brain. All the TO's he blew? The lack of plays coming out of TO's? I could go on. In the playoffs teams are getting 6-8 points off plays out of TO's which work basically every time. I don't have any doubt that Pringles style is exciting, will rack up regular season wins, but when it comes down to X's - O's, he's really one of the less knowledgeable coaches in the L.

People are always quick to point the finger at Melo and STAT but I ask what if this team had a real coach? Someone that is a great X's and O's person who will FORCE guys to play defense. This whole Melo and Amar'e being bums has some validity but it's really on Pringles to get them the ball in situations where they are comfortable and able to succeed. All this "his system," c'mon now. Any good coach is going to make changes to his "system" according to the personnel on the squad, except for the Zen. A coach's job is to get the best out of his players, not to say who can and can't play in his "system." Your system is your players.

Yes, I have my complaints with the two (Melo & STAT), but I still say you gotta give them a chance with a real coach to see how they can co-exist, unfortunately that won't happen but you never know.

As they say, winning covers up lots of deficiencies so I know I should put my flame suit on, but y'all can't be serious if you say all of a sudden Pringles is the guy to lead this team in the future. Some of y'all are so quick to jump the gun.

roll.gif
Los needs to have a talk with Marc Berman about still writing about Marbury 
Linsanity sharing stage with Marbury Madness in China

BEIJING — While Jeremy Lin has become an NBA sensation, Knicks reject Stephon Marbury has been tearing it up on the other side of the world, dominating the Chinese league and developing his own cult following.

Linsanity is competing with Marbury Madness in China after the Brooklyn native led the Beijing Ducks into the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) championship semifinals in style.

Sunday, Beijing beat Zhejiang 105-91 to win the best-of-5 quarterfinal 3-0, propelled by a 14-point third quarter from Marbury, including a thunderous dunk, drives to the rim and a pair of 3-pointers.

For some, the heroics have even eclipsed those of Lin, a fellow point guard who has captivated audiences in China and his parents’ homeland Taiwan with his fairytale emergence from bit player to superstar with the Knicks.

“I’ve been watching what [Jeremy] Lin Shuhao is doing in the NBA, but Marbury is my hero,

Jared Zwerling: 'Antoni: Starters will play less minutes - Knicks Blog - ESPN New York http://es.pn/Aoagow
Some surprising quotes to say the least
"It has to if we're serious about trying to do something important in the postseason," D'Antoni said. "Everybody's got to buy into playing less minutes and stepping up, not only offensively but defensively."
"It can’t just be one game. I’m not going to just throw people under the bus for one or two games," D'Antoni said. "But over a length of time, if they prove that they need to be out there, they'll be out there."
or maybe he's just saying the right things to get a new deal.

I still say let him go and bring in Phil. Players will have to adjust again offensively but imo the triangle only benefits STAT and Melo.

Back
Top Bottom