let this thread die (NYK)

That is one of the greatest photos ever taken. Look at BD
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by jumpfreak23

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I can agree with this, especially a young team that we had last year with STAT being the only big name.....he is good at making players better

....but now that coach has a full roster with depth, he should be given a chance to see what he can do. This is the same guy who's SUNS should have gone to the Finals and possibly won it all if it were not for that joke of an ejection with the Robert Horry incident.

Thank you!  A fan who can remember his past accomplishments and not just his shortcomings with a revolving roster.  Chemistry takes time to build.  It took almost a whole season last year for Spoelstra and the Heat to find their stride.  Look at them now.  It took Carlisle and the Mavs a few seasons before they finally won their championship.  It's not a coincidence the top teams this year had their core and coach together for a while, which plays an even greater role this year given the lack of practice time due to the condensed schedule.  We had D'Antoni, Melo and Stoudemire for less than full a NBA season.  The man deserves some time to work w/ a full roster before dismissing him.
QFT!  People want to make changes on a game-to-game basis.  Teams need to grow together to win.  The '08 Celtics were the exception, not the rule.

the problem is we dont have that luxury 
all of our role players are playing themselves out of NYC unless dolan hooks it up on the low 
frown.gif

I wanna see how Lin does against the Celtics defense. They're not as dominant as they once were or as good as the Heat defense athletically, but they're still up there in terms of defense. I want Lin to show me that he took away some positives from that Heat game and has grown from it. I'm expecting a great game

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

I'd think the 2 best D's he's gonna see all year is Miami, followed by Rondo with Boston's D behind him.
I would say Chicago is better than the C's on the defensive side.
I expect Lin to have a 20-10 game.

Originally Posted by jehims

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

I GUARANTEE Garnett will try some funny %+%*+ *@*+ to get at Lin tomorrow.  
Sad but true....as much as I liked watching KG and being a huge fan since the mid 90's, this guy is one dirty player. I feel he gets worse as gets older.
Dude used to be my FAVORITE player. I was so happy for him when he won that chip, but ever since then he's been a punk. KG been runnin on beer muscles since he held up that trophy.
What makes it so terrible though is that he ONLY goes after smaller guys. He wouldn't dream of going after a Center like Tyson (and I'm talking Dallas, not even this year) but he won't hesitate to pick on a point guard.

^KG has always been over the top lol. He used to do some real dumb #$% when he was with the T'Wolves but people wrote it off as being "competitive". I still respect his talent/ability though.

Anyway, if we want to win we need Lin to be aggressive and keep driving to the rim. Melo has to be Melo, don't be scared to score. Amare has to try and go at K.G., wear him down. And the defense has to deliver....if anything let Iman start and let him stick with Ray Allen coming off of screens.

If feel like one of the reasons we always have trouble with Boston is because D'ANtoni is always outcoached by Doc 
grin.gif

How people say that KG only goes after small, Euro players when Bill Walker is CLEARLY not of hat mold, is beyond me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

I GUARANTEE Garnett will try some funny %+%*+ *@*+ to get at Lin tomorrow.
Sad but true....as much as I liked watching KG and being a huge fan since the mid 90's, this guy is one dirty player. I feel he gets worse as gets older.
Dude used to be my FAVORITE player. I was so happy for him when he won that chip, but ever since then he's been a punk. KG been runnin on beer muscles since he held up that trophy.
What makes it so terrible though is that he ONLY goes after smaller guys. He wouldn't dream of going after a Center like Tyson (and I'm talking Dallas, not even this year) but he won't hesitate to pick on a point guard.
Not true

D12 is twice the size of KG and KG is a very strong player for his size....but he tends to go after no-big name or younger players. Just horrible...KG was said to be a role model to younger kids by going back to school and getting his degree and telling kids to stay in school, but acting like a little kid is not helping. Really immature, but a great player, nonetheless.

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Not true

D12 is twice the size of KG and KG is a very strong player for his size....but he tends to go after no-big name or younger players. Just horrible...KG was said to be a role model to younger kids by going back to school and getting his degree and telling kids to stay in school, but acting like a little kid is not helping. Really immature, but a great player, nonetheless.
i don't even like kg, but Dwight Howard had no business holding him like that in the first place...smh

I will be watching this game on my phone while at work.. we better lock up Rondo early.. and catching that early lead will be huge. Legoooooooooo Knicks!

jeremy lin facing two of the best guards in the league; rondo and avery bradley; Great test.

Very tough game today; in boston - day after patty saturday.

RT @FisolaNYDN: Knicks announce Bill Walker is scheduled to have a left elbow debridement tomorrow. He is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

I aint eem mad.....sad but true.

As for KG, I cant say anything about D12......but Bill Walker is definitely smaller than KG. Not a PG obviously but still.

Originally Posted by alew24

jeremy lin facing two of the best guards in the league; rondo and avery bradley; Great test.

Very tough game today; in boston - day after patty saturday.

Hold up....Avery Bradley is one of the best guards in the league now? Damn where have I been......

Back
Top Bottom