let this thread die (NYK)

Just as I thought. Carmelo's pouting got D'antoni fired (although his decisions in that Dallas road game is the real reason why he should have been fired). The next logical step should be to trade Carmelo, but I have a hunch Amar'e will unfairly be dealt due to his decline in production since the arrival of Carmelo. In all this, all the chips fall and the culprit will be the last man standing. When are people going to learn that Carmelo isn't a leader, doesn't commit to defense and usually has a bad attitude when things don't go his way. He deflects it by saying "I have nothing to do with it". He's not totally to blame in this situation, I thought D'antoni was a bad hire from the beginning. However, Carmelo's attitude towards this team didn't help. The team takes cues from him because he is the team's best player and de facto leader. So when he's not in a huddle or Amar'e looks lost and he doesn't encourage him, how does that play out? It makes him look like he doesn't care and is selfish. The only way it can work with those two is if the Knicks hire Phil Jackson, no one else. The other choice would be Larry Brown, but that ship has sailed. Oh well...

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Serious question....

Why would Sloan or Jackson touch this roster w/ a 10 foot pole?

management would back these coaches. no nonsense type guys. if melo/amare isnt performing, phil and sloan would bench their #%+.

How'd Larry Brown work out? 

Gotta agree w. DP...not seeing why Sloan or Jackson would come to NY with this roster.  Sloan famously butted heads w. Deron Williams, who by all accounts is MUCH more coachable than Melo.  You think he's gonna want to put up with his BS? 

tumblr_ljt2wkQZQE1qcxm4y.gif

tumblr_lzg4ceLADb1qb947oo1_500.gif

you outsiders are mad over what?

i wanna see dantoni coaching YOUR team and see you be happy playing pick up ball like you at the park

Originally Posted by zapatito007

damm they played my dude herb williams ,he should of took over
Do you know how many times Herb Williams has been passed over?
laugh.gif

LOLOL @ this page from top to bottom.
I dont see why we cant win a chip now.
All players need to stay and simply learn their role.
IMO, we have all the needed pieces to go the distance.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Serious question....

Why would Sloan or Jackson touch this roster w/ a 10 foot pole?

management would back these coaches. no nonsense type guys. if melo/amare isnt performing, phil and sloan would bench their #%+.

How'd Larry Brown work out? 

Gotta agree w. DP...not seeing why Sloan or Jackson would come to NY with this roster.  Sloan famously butted heads w. Deron Williams, who by all accounts is MUCH more coachable than Melo.  You think he's gonna want to put up with his BS? 

I mean as much as I hate the whole "sources" thing. They are saying that Sloan would coach the team. And that was posted on RealGM before Dantoni even resigned. Plus like Dman said, the players might actually respect Phil or Sloan enough because they know they would get benched if the %#*%*% around. With Dantoni you could play no defense and just chuck with no repercussions. Why would anyone give a %@*@ when they are allowed to do whatever they want.

But we will see. The first step was to get Pringles out. Now well see where things go from here. Im not against blaming Melo if things dont work. But I wasnt gonna do it while he was under a coach who didnt know how to coach the players that he has. And held onto a system he didnt have the right players to even execute.

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by zapatito007

damm they played my dude herb williams ,he should of took over
Do you know how many times Herb Williams has been passed over?
laugh.gif

Herb Williams is like dude from Office Space w. the red stapler
laugh.gif

No excuses for Melo now.  He better put the team on his back and get them in the playoffs...and get out of the 1st round. 

Finally, pulling a JVG. I don't even mind.

Not ecstatic over Woodoson but it's a start for the rest of the 24.

Melo & STAT have to earn their money now.

dont worry, dantoni will be coaching the wizards. he can learn on his own.

oh anddddd

tumblr_m0vmmqRge71rq7b3vo1_500.gif

tumblr_ly21n4vro01qh59n0o6_250.gif

tumblr_m0vj02bzM71qgmxs2o1_400.gif

[font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

tumblr_lzkeb0pUhW1qinq10o1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom