Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Logic and Ptools are the best options with cubase being next...What dont you like about Cubase?

yea i forgot about digital performer - i think thats what they teach you on in Engineering school before you advance to pro tools

I just got Reason and a M-Audio Oxygen 8 keyboard. I connected the keyboard through my USB but don't know where to put the MIDI Cables; excuse my newbness.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
an aleks thing!
[/font]​

You dont need Midi cables... Hook your interface via usb to the computer, hook your keyboard via USB to computer...make sure both are on and open reason...hen click preferences...after that you can select the keyboaard and interface your working with and go from there

Quote:
since Cubase came free with my interface

What kind of interface are you using? I was looking at the Lexicom Omega but was told not to go that route. I know it comes with Cubase.

bang for your buck - get the Mbox 2 or M audio powered pro tools ...work great, durable, and very basic industry standard

I'm getting into Fruity Loops now and it's all good and everything, but I was wondering is there a way I can get more sound off the net and install them into Fruity Loops.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
an aleks thing!
[/font]​

Quote:
yo Flu, why you sell...you dont do beats anymore?

Nah, I just wanted to switch it up

Quote:
What kind of interface are you using? I was looking at the Lexicom Omega but was told not to go that route. I know it comes with Cubase.

I just ordered that Lexicon Omega....I was mainly looking for something with good mic preamps, and still had usb or firewire connectivity. I've been told that the Omega has some of the best preamps at the price, we'll see how that goes though.

Quote:
what are some controllers with fairly decent usb ports? m audio's dont seem to b that great...

I got the Korg K49...there's not many buttons or knobs but it was cheap around $100, and korg has been making keyboards forever...but I can't really compare though, it's the only controller I've used
“[emoji]169[/emoji]opy[emoji]174[/emoji]ight

What kinda monitors do you guys have? I seen some Yamaha HS 50's on sale and was thinkin about gettin a pair...any suggestions?

What's your budget?

I used to have some KRK RP-8's and thought they were decent for the price, I would have some problems getting a good mix when listening to it in the car, the krk's didn't translate well.

Now I have some Dynaudio bm5a's and it's like night and day compared to the krk's. they're two times the price though, $500 vs. $1000, but I've had a much easier time getting good mixes on my first shot, and when I check on some reference speakers I'll only have to do some minor tweaking.

“[emoji]169[/emoji]opy[emoji]174[/emoji]ight

Well, my budget will probably be around $600-800...but I'm sure if I wait and look around..wait til Christmas and for all the hot sales to come along that I will be able to cop a good pair of possible Dynaudios or JBL's....

Another thing is, I'm taking a Pro Tools certification class right now and if your enrolled in the class you get crazy student discounts from Digidesign...my teacher was tellin me he got a Digi003 (mixer) for like $850 :wow:
eek.gif
But of course, with a price like that the website is all sold out...anybody know where else I could get one? Mixing in the box is not good workflow :smh:
smh.gif

sup yall, ive been using fl for a while and now want to upgrade to protools. i need your advice:

1 is it wise for me to get a mpc4000 with no experience?
2 if i do get a mpc4000, what are some essential accessories do i need? (basically a start up kit primarily for sampling)
3 whats a good price to get a mpc4000 for?
I only have 1 goal in life...to smash Megan Good really good
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

^If you love that 4000 get it...you can still get em new in alot places as opposed to the 2000xl. If you wonna get the 4000 get it from americanmusical.com beacuse they let you pay monthly but you gotta have good credit. I got my 2500 from them so that should let you know theyre legit.
Team Memphis, TN
D Cinn - "Tha Promotion 2:Grind Mode"Out Now!!!
They gonna hate you before they love you​
Debut album "It'z Real Round Here" COMING SOON 4th quarter 2007​

Yea time the users at futureproducers are calling it a beast...I been tryin to contact you...you got any new refills? I'm about to clean my computer and need some new sounds to mess with....

Back
Top Bottom