Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Logic Pro is made by Apple, and they've made it only for Apple...they are really trying to take over the market by kinda forcing people to buy the hardware along with the software...kinda wack but having a Mac is all of sudden kinda trendy...

But Logic Pro is great, it has an amazing sound library, great plug ins and its a pretty good DAW (WAY better upgrade from Logic 7)...and for $250 you can't go wrong with it...
RAIDER NATION​

PC's are horrible to work with especially for music. A Mac on the otherhand are intended for the creative consumer who wants to have a durable CPU. It's the industry standard for everthing especially music. They are expensive but when you buy one it comes with cool apps like GarageBand that works great with Logic. Chekout my boys who are Logic users at Myspace.com/TenfNCal. They have a few remixes that are buzzin in NYC. Peace!!!!!!!!!!!

I think express is for $250 and the Pro version which is called Logic Studio now is $500. Before it was $1,000 for Logic 7 and it was tedious to learn but now you get an easier interface and the sounds are all Roland emulations with dope pluggins.

@#%$ how much it is...its pretty much if u got a mac or not...im pretty sure at least 80% of the producers on this site use pirated software that they would gladly pay retail for once they get on :wink:
wink.gif

and logic gotta have some @#%$...listen to Flu's beats...dude is a monster...ill cop a mac when i set up my own studio...im learnin how to work em now at the studio i go to...we run digital performer...dude got the m audio interface but lost his pro tools m powered cd... :smh:
smh.gif
AIM : CORNROBCUN

Quote:
I think express is for $250 and the Pro version which is called Logic Studio now is $500. Before it was $1,000 for Logic 7 and it was tedious to learn but now you get an easier interface and the sounds are all Roland emulations with dope pluggins.
RAIDER NATION​

I have always used a Mac clown and I did Tech work for them. I actually use a mac and I dont sport it as a fashion trend. The main problem with PC's is everything about it.Any professional studio you go to has a mac setup. Therefore, you cant track a PC app with your music session into a mac because of incompatibility issues. Time is money especially if you are working in studios that use macs.

ImTIME,
you are absolutlety right. Pro Tools is compatible for both PC and Mac platform. I think Macs are expensive but very comprehensive and powerful. Peace!!!!!!!!!!

Pro tools is completely compatible with MAC and PC...its been at least 3 times this year where my group member would record a session at his house, and i would burn it (data session) from his MAC to take to my house (PC) to add extra effects cause i have more plug ins then he does...

Also I'm loving Reason 4 as of late...great program...i was a die hard 3 fan but the extra perks have helped in Reason 4...I could completely be happy with software if they would release more natural sounding refills more often...Thats the only gripe i have with them.

Also still trying tofigure out EQ on rap vocals and the whole rolling off of bass thing, can anyone shed more light on EQ

Thanks
myspace.com/hwflossss

Quote:
Also still trying tofigure out EQ on rap vocals and the whole rolling off of bass thing, can anyone shed more light on EQ
cutting stuff, try boosting it just to listen to what you're cutting out. it also depends on what kind of mic you use. i noticed that i have to eq differently from mic to mic. so far, my favorite mic has been the blue blueberry. it was made for the person that uses minimal and sometimes no eq and it's the most natural sounding mic i've tried. i've used it on vocals, an acoustic guitar, and as a room mic for a drum kit and i've never really had to put that much eq. i know you're a gear head floss so if you got 1k to spend, the blueberry is dope. check out "Smile" and "Get Back" hereand I bench more than Kevin Durant.

Classic - I know we've had this convo before...but I'm still confused...when you say roll at 160 - 200 hz is that LF, MF or HF and what about Q and gain or does that vary?

Can you post that screen print again from the pro tools plug in

I am in the process of getting a singers mic, so I might do research on it...just haven't came to a def solution

Rhyme sik thanks for the info - I get decent takes...but I know it can be better
myspace.com/hwflossss

160-200 is LF to LowMids....and your Q/Gain reduction should vary depending on the vocalists/MC, the Mic and the Room your recording in.
RAIDER NATION​

Yo I want to learn how to produce and make beats. I always wanted to get into the game but I never had money. I had fruity loops back in the day but uninstall ed it. I got a mac book pro now. Where can I go to start learning and what programs would you guys to recommend?? I got a macbook pro. I also started Djing so I have monitors and headphones already. Also have a 4ch mixer

Back
Top Bottom