Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Doesn't matter what other people use. Matters what your comfortable with. You can make beats with protools and no need for anything else. If your a gridguy...you just gotta turn the grid on, and it's point, click and paint from there.

Sampling is as easy as insert CD, highlight, copy paste.

Reason sounds like crap to me. But crappy sounds can be an advantage...a reason some of the oldschool beats were so rugged, was because of dirty sampling etc.

I suggest if you want to make clean tracks (i.e. dr Dre, lil john) use protools; rugged and raw tracks i.e. wu-tang, old dmx street anthems go with reason.

P.s. yall slippin on waves...Nt aint suppose to slip

^i didnt mean it like that... i was just sayin thats not really itsn intended purpose... u CAN make beats on pro tools but i wouldnt see the point...

P.s. yall slippin on waves...Nt aint suppose to slip
maybe its cuz i gave out the diamond bundle for free. who pays for cracked plug ins?
laugh.gif

I made some crucial tracks in Garage Band. Better than I can in Reason. I almost got kicked out the Apple store too once for a nice beat.

LOL at saying pro tools will give you a dre/ timbo sound lol

not knowing what your doing will give you a bad sound period hell even knowing what your doing will mess you up sometimes - just cause its timbo or dre doesntmean its a good beat

Originally Posted by lupe fiasco

LOL at saying pro tools will give you a dre/ timbo sound lol

not knowing what your doing will give you a bad sound period hell even knowing what your doing will mess you up sometimes - just cause its timbo or dre doesnt mean its a good beat

Obviously...I didn't say that. I said if you want a clean sound, protools is better. I didn'tsay it will give you a dre sound either. I just used dre as an example for a clean sound. I don't believe timbo is a clean sound tho, maybe some of hislater work this year. Most of his stuff back in the day is pretty dirty and raw.

I'm talking about sample rates with in the programs. Garage band has this hiss we refer to as a free Michael Bolton whispering background on all yourtracks. Reason is close to it.

I'll gladly take some VSTs off everyone's hands...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm gettin' bored with the ones I'm currently using. I need some official synths and arpeggiated sounds, please.

^ehh everybody aint got money for that...lol

if it wasnt for productoin software a lot of dudes would prolly never get started... i mean even dre uses vsts now...

yea realtalk vts's are the future...I just prefer oldschool. oldschool rap, oldschool rock, oldschool sounds. I can't stand the thinness of todayssounds...that warmth and feeling from music when I was little was what made me fall in love with it.

But on the real theres deals out there. I know some of yall be puttin money elsewhere...just sacrifice and stack up for a sec. Thats what I had todo...actuallly I'm using insurance money from when my truck got hit
laugh.gif

I got a super jx plus the pg 8000 programmer and all the software for 350. Got super lucky, jx-10's go for around 500 and so do the pg8000's. You justgotta research and then search and search. I read great reviews on the JX as far as sound and price.

Obviously I can't afford a motif or triton...but you have to look at the market today...Digital gear has skyrocketed in price in the last couple years.Especially on ebay, almost doubled....and old analog gear has gotten super cheap.

So I put 2+2 together, analog sounds better, plus is getting cheaper...I made the investment. Can't wait to crank out some beats...Tryna get startedtomorrow
pimp.gif

ehhhh - on the whole analog vs software sound - i mean once again if you know what your doing - you want be able to tell - btw everyone in HIPHOP - cant speakfor other genres - is using software and paying an engineer to cut frequencies and what not to get a certain sound they like. Plus everyone is moving to LOGICmidi'd with MPC's...it is 1. less hassle and 2. not as time consuming ...Dont get me wrong analog mixing compared to digital is still better but -where you get sounds from whether its soft or hardware can be tweaked and should be tweaked so you start to create your unique sound

yea you gotta do what you gotta do...what ever floats your boat. I hated the thought of Protools until I realized the endless possibility's and theeasiness of it. But I guess that's what I prefer my sound to be. I'm a keyboard type of guy because I'm a musician. I don't even know how toplay but I play by ear. I'm teaching myself guitar tonight
frown.gif

and don't say everyone in hip hop. Hip hop is what it is because there are no rules, no boundaries. But I have seen alot of moving towards logic fromeveryone, not just hip hop.

I'ma perfectionist. So I'd rather tweak with hardware and use my hands and ears instead of a mouse and keyboard.

Don't get me wrong, digital sounds and softsynths have their place. I plan on using soft synths once I save up for an alesis QS8.1; but it comes down to asort of recording theory. If you want a synthesizer as the lead melody or main part, analog is the way to go, for a backing melody... digital is...i.e. likewhen recording a guitar...If the guitar is the main melody and main part of the song, you would use a condensor (or ribbon if possible) to give it that greatdetail and overpower everything else. If your using a guitar for backing, you would use a dynamic so it doesn't overpower everything else...does that makesense?

I got the synthesizer as an investment for my recordings, not as a necessity(i'm lying really, because for the sound I'm going for it kind of was)...soit's not a must have. The mentality sort of comes from my basketball days, when I would train and do whatever it took to make me better, better than what Iam and better than the next person, and it carries over to my recording ethic.

but kick back and smoke a blunt to some old records...then do the same with a cd. Notice which one intensifies your high better and grabs you...

Back
Top Bottom