Lets have a look back on the XXIIs

So, it's the end of the year. We're getting ready for the XXIIIs, the Countdown Packages, and the end of a legacy of shoes.
Lets take some time to look at this year's past model. The XXII

The design is inspired by Jet Fighters, finished off with a heat-sensitive camouflage pattern on the back,

One of the better models since the XIV. Very good balling shoe. These are IMO the best JB has done in the past 7 years
along with Stealth XXs and Black/red XVIs (I guess you can add red suede 21s to that list too), the Black/red XXIIs

The 3rd model was the basketball edition XXII, these are my least favorite XXIIs

Another colorway the Omegas. This is a really good colorway, but IMO it would have been better with out the picture on the side

We also had the city editions and the 5/8s both of which are trash in my opinion

Niketalk, what are your opinions/thoughts on the XXIIs?

Black suede are AWESOME..and I advise those who can get them on sale now.... to do so!!

The BBall version will be somethin special in the future. They still need time for appreciation.

The first color will be a classic.

The white red will be similar to the white red 17 - classic in time, regardless of the stupid print on the side.

The 5/8s are hot. Very underappreciated IMO.

The city editions - I've pooped better.

OVERALL these are the best shoes since the XIIs IMO!
the black/red model was sick but i didnt buy due to funds...
if you're goin by post-jordan era i would say...(not by colorways) XX2>XX>XVII>XVIII>XVI>X1>XV>XIX
definitely a real good shoe, but they yellowed really fast on me, more than my BLK/RED/METALLIC SIVLER Vs that released in Jan
city editions were garbage
5/8s the black /red color way were dope!

i only have the omegas but i did try them on and they are very comfurtable. eventually i'll get a pair to ball in

still waiting to get my pair.. waiting for the price to drop a lil bit more... def a must have tho.. look real nice

i loved these when the first dropped but i wasn't going to pay 175 for them buy since you can get them for around 120 i definitely plan on getting some

these are a real clean shoe.

went to the gym today and saw about 10 dudes rockin em, one in the bball colorway

i'm gonna have to try them for ballin

boring garbage.

anyone have the dirtylicious version of the omegas?

nerd.gif

Its too bad most people only go after retro colorways, when this shoe is right underneath their noses.
Sigh, thats what happens when you drop a retro every other week

sohi 23 ^^ i'm sayin. every time i go to the sneaker shop i try not to look at the retro section

but then i do anyways
eyes.gif

I didnt really like these at first, but they have grown on me. When the price drops a little more I'll be all over these.

got 1st colorway and blk suede for $50 each a few months back from pigeon forge, sooo glad i got them! great shoes for a even great deal. def should cop themnow before they are gone. great comfy basketball shoe

I just got me a pair on sale for $79.99 and I was very pleased with everything about the shoe

i liked the original colourway but when the black suedes dropped, i was in instant love. seriously, these are the best since XI, perhaps even since VI.

as i gaze at these beauties appreciating their design and feel, i've theorised that these may have been a "too good to use" reject for the melov.5's. they have (imo) many elements from both the v's and vi's. the clear soles, the reflector, the vents, the sparse long lines both on top, thepolygonal angles and shaped on the sole, the hint of the V's side vents, the lacelocks. maybe i'm seeing things.

btw: i don't ball
btw2: i use both the air and zoom inserts swapping them every now and then.
btw3: yeah i have pointlessly registered them

I think they were tied with the 20s for the best shoe since the 14s... the performance was amazing... its the best shoe I ever balled in along wit the 2k4s...I hope that the 23s at least perform better than the 22s since we already see they don't look better....

Back
Top Bottom