LETS TALK AVIA

I'm VERY tempted to order that white/blue pair of 880s just on the nostalgia myself (47 here and I remember Avia vividly as a teen in the late 80s early 90s). Just don't see an 11.5 so my question, do the 880s run TTS or are they a tad bid short in length? If they run rather snug at TTS, I'd grab the 12s and ship them to my local Journey's to try on. Can't fathom the $200 price for the AiB pair. These are a great compromise especially for $60!
Actually my friend is an 11.5 and he was able to grab an 11 in the all black/white 880’s and said it was perfect. I’m a true 8 and I could have gone 7.5 in these also. Those are OUR experiences however, just giving you info 😁

I'm VERY tempted to order that white/blue pair of 880s just on the nostalgia myself (47 here and I remember Avia vividly as a teen in the late 80s early 90s). Just don't see an 11.5 so my question, do the 880s run TTS or are they a tad bid short in length? If they run rather snug at TTS, I'd grab the 12s and ship them to my local Journey's to try on. Can't fathom the $200 price for the AiB pair. These are a great compromise especially for $60!

It’s a 365 day return policy so figured there’s no downside to ordering a pair to check out in hand.
If they’re terrible, easy to return the next time I end up near a store.

Just came in. I like them for 60 bucks.

440597FA-FC22-4B46-BC52-37C410403C2F.jpeg

It’s a 365 day return policy so figured there’s no downside to ordering a pair to check out in hand.
If they’re terrible, easy to return the next time I end up near a store.

Just came in. I like them for 60 bucks.

440597FA-FC22-4B46-BC52-37C410403C2F.jpeg

These are comfy for an 80s shoe. Got something different in the midsole.
Leather feels synthetic but looks fine.
Fit is a bit roomy but works fine for a high top.
85211E9F-53C1-4CEE-B6F6-AB0720C6BF2F.jpeg

A2BC6F47-72B6-428C-9D78-ED17819A7FAC.jpeg

Great shots buddy. Yup, I went to my local Journey's, and ordered the white/blue/red pair. I signed up for a Journey's account and got a $5 off $25 coupon. So these cost me $54.99 (no tax in Pennsylvania). Couldn't pass these up for $55 bucks. And like you said, if they are too tight, I'll either get the 12 or just return them. From what you mentioned above, about these being roomy, I think I'll be a okay with them! 🤞👍

I'll have to sit these next to my Etonic Akeem The Dream shoes! Got those for like $40 back when they were on discount at Finish line. Those are fantastic for the $$$.

Next 80s pair, I want, the Spot-Bilt Etonic high tops! The collab in the black/red/white. Looks killer and is another perfect 80s shoe. Oh, and the Puma M-100 High tops are AWESOME looking as well! If those go on deep sale, then it's a definite! I really love these old brands coming back. Now if only LA Gear would retro the old Catapult & British Knights would come back with Dymacel! 🤘

Great shots buddy. Yup, I went to my local Journey's, and ordered the white/blue/red pair. I signed up for a Journey's account and got a $5 off $25 coupon. So these cost me $54.99 (no tax in Pennsylvania). Couldn't pass these up for $55 bucks. And like you said, if they are too tight, I'll either get the 12 or just return them. From what you mentioned above, about these being roomy, I think I'll be a okay with them! 🤞👍

I'll have to sit these next to my Etonic Akeem The Dream shoes! Got those for like $40 back when they were on discount at Finish line. Those are fantastic for the $$$.

Next 80s pair, I want, the Spot-Bilt Etonic high tops! The collab in the black/red/white. Looks killer and is another perfect 80s shoe. Oh, and the Puma M-100 High tops are AWESOME looking as well! If those go on deep sale, then it's a definite! I really love these old brands coming back. Now if only LA Gear would retro the old Catapult & British Knights would come back with Dymacel! 🤘

I love my Spot Bilts! Pony M-100 is next on my list. Just gotta decide on a color.

I love my Spot Bilts! Pony M-100 is next on my list. Just gotta decide on a color.

Awesome to hear. Now that I know someone who has them, how do the Spot Bilts fit? Can't try them on anywhere around me, and I don't want to order these collabs and be wrong. If you can compare them to say a Jordan 1, a shoe of similar era that would be great. Just need to know if TTS is snug (little wiggle room) or roomy (thumbnail's width of toe space). 👍

And totally get you on the color for the M-100s. So many cool ones. Me, the white/orange/blue pair is calling my name (Gulf Racing colors). 👍 Thanks for letting me know how the Sauconys fit buddy. 👍👍🙏🙏

Awesome to hear. Now that I know someone who has them, how do the Spot Bilts fit? Can't try them on anywhere around me, and I don't want to order these collabs and be wrong. If you can compare them to say a Jordan 1, a shoe of similar era that would be great. Just need to know if TTS is snug (little wiggle room) or roomy (thumbnail's width of toe space). 👍

And totally get you on the color for the M-100s. So many cool ones. Me, the white/orange/blue pair is calling my name (Gulf Racing colors). 👍 Thanks for letting me know how the Sauconys fit buddy. 👍👍🙏🙏
If you get a Spot Bilt low, get the ones with the suede toe rand. They have a really nice leather liner on the inside where the others have normal fabric/mesh.

If you get a Spot Bilt low, get the ones with the suede toe rand. They have a really nice leather liner on the inside where the others have normal fabric/mesh.

Thanks Bryan. I was thinking of the high first then maybe the low as a good casual shoe. 👍They both look excellent.

Hi guys!
I'm new here. Big fan of 80's high tops.
Does anybody know the current discount code for Avia is back?
Thanks in advance.

Wore my Spot Built lows to a Pacers game tonight. You know my stance on giving sizing advice, but if I have to, I'd say these run most similar to this current wave of Dunks.

Back in the early '90s, Avia was the supplier for Greek Basketball Club ΑΟ ΔΑΦΝΗΣ. (Athletic Club DAFNIS)
Some photos from that era 1992-1994.

Richard Rellford 1992-93
1700763157772.png

Derrick Chievous 1993-94
1700762775967.png

My $55 pair of Avia Legacy 880s from Journey's came in Friday. Went over to the store and grabbed them. Opened up the bag and I'm very happy!
PXL_20231127_044208133.jpg
PXL_20231127_044158387.jpg

For $55, these are a NO BRAINER for anyone who grew up in the 80s to early 90s. Such a great silhouette. Materials are decent for the Legacy pair and I love the blue and red accents on this color way. So so so glad I grabbed them. Oh and very comfy out of the box AND fit is TTS albeit it's roomy. Nothing a small thin insole can't fix (fill the volume). Can't wait to start wearing these.

My $55 pair of Avia Legacy 880s from Journey's came in Friday. Went over to the store and grabbed them. Opened up the bag and I'm very happy!
PXL_20231127_044208133.jpg
PXL_20231127_044158387.jpg

For $55, these are a NO BRAINER for anyone who grew up in the 80s to early 90s. Such a great silhouette. Materials are decent for the Legacy pair and I love the blue and red accents on this color way. So so so glad I grabbed them. Oh and very comfy out of the box AND fit is TTS albeit it's roomy. Nothing a small thin insole can't fix (fill the volume). Can't wait to start wearing these.

Been wearing my pair all week. I doubled up for $39 shipped.

Journeys got them for $50 lows $60 highs

Journeys is clearancing out the 855 lows for $30 right now on their website. Of course 2 days after I bought a pair for $50.

Back
Top Bottom