Lettuce be cereal, Camp > Cole World > Finally Famous

Can't front there's a select group of rappers I don't even bother comparing these new school rappers most of NT focuses on. I enjoy Childish Gambino's music way more than I do Cole's or Big Sean's.

Return of 4Eva > Shaolin vs WT > Section.80

Haven't listened to Phonte or Evidence's Cats & Dogs, but I'm sure they're way better than loads of
the albums on that one list posted on the 2nd page. It's almost unfair even comparing Krit, KL, and
Raekwon's albums/mixtapes to any of those others listed, including Camp.

We comparing 2011 debuts though, I'm not sure why you bringing up Raekwon

not feeling Camp...he bored me. Nutin really caught me. The kid is honest tho...I respect him spitting bout his life.
Seem like he was singing more than Drake and most of the beats were more uninteresting than a early Cole mixtape.

Couple nice verses, flows and beats scattered throughout the album...nutin i gotta hear again tho

Finally Famous>>>*
Spoiler [+]

images

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

not feeling Camp...he bored me. Nutin really caught me. The kid is honest tho...I respect him spitting bout his life.
Seem like he was singing more than Drake and most of the beats were more uninteresting than a early Cole mixtape.

Couple nice verses, flows and beats scattered throughout the album...nutin i gotta hear again tho

?

Originally Posted by quik1987

We comparing 2011 debuts though, I'm not sure why you bringing up Raekwon

I saw what you were trying to imply with this thread and I agree. Dude's debut album is
pimp.gif
. The production on this joint is bananas.

?
laugh.gif
 im sayin...he wasnt churning out ballads or nutin but i heard alot of singing, harmonizing or whatever u wanna call it on ery track

it baffles me how many times threads like this come up and no one mentions this album.  
20110602-LILBGAY.jpg

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

do yall listen to music, or skim through it???

Originally Posted by thejrob

Personally I think Childish Gambino is wack, but to each their own.

btw Section 80> everything you mentioned... by far. so is Return of 4Eva

Yup and Big Sean is wack as well.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Ahhh 2011 debuts...still Krit & KL >>>>>
Yea...I'd add J Cole to that as well. I feel like KL had better songs than CW but CW was better overall.

The person that said that R4 was too long was dead on.

?
laugh.gif
 im sayin...he wasnt churning out ballads or nutin but i heard alot of singing, harmonizing or whatever u wanna call it on ery track
Never understood what's wrong with crooning/harmonizing on a track if it fits effortlessly and the song is good. It's what CG does if you check any of his earlier work. One of the songs he's best known for is one where he's just singing.

Return of 4Eva, Section.80, Weekend at Burnies, Finally Famous, Cole World, Wu-Tang Vs. Shaolin, FTWSWL > keep the rest
Haven't listened to Ambition or Take Care yet though. WTT was complete buns, C4 was busura, Gambino's voice doesn't do it for me, no ayo

How can some of ya'll say Cole World was average? Do you REALLY listen to the music or skim through it? The subject matter wasn't there? Oh.

Originally Posted by Be Easy

Return of 4Eva, Section.80, Weekend at Burnies, Finally Famous, Cole World, Wu-Tang Vs. Shaolin, FTWSWL > keep the rest
Haven't listened to Ambition or Take Care yet though. WTT was complete buns, C4 was busura, Gambino's voice doesn't do it for me, no ayo

How can some of ya'll say Cole World was average? Do you REALLY listen to the music or skim through it? The subject matter wasn't there? Oh.

says the dude calling WTT buns 
eyes.gif

There's so many Cole and Sean haters on NT.
roll.gif

I'm still gonna have to take in Camp, probably gonna listen to it this weekend when I get these midterms out the way.

For the record, Section80 = Cole World > Return of 4eva > Finally Famous. All 4 rappers are dope IMO.

cole world was so average. nothing about it was fun. nothing about it got me hype. nothing about it was special.

sure the subject and lyrics were there but everything else wasn't.

i was a big j. cole fan too.

childish gambino's been killing it.

wtt was an average or even below average album HOWEVER the 3-5 gems on the album were goldmines that i could listen to 1000000000000000000x on repeat. can't say that for cole world. they were complete bangers

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

?
laugh.gif
Never understood what's wrong with crooning/harmonizing on a track if it fits effortlessly and the song is good. It's what CG does if you check any of his earlier work. One of the songs he's best known for is one where he's just singing.

im with you...for the most part I dont have a problem when its done effortlessly. Drake, Cole, Krit all harmonize on tracks and most of the time I dig it. Gambino has some songs in his past that I like and he did it well on those. 
On this album I aint really get that vibe.... when he gets to harmonizing he is more on some Pop, Glee club tip than R&B or Soul. Take Heartbeat, L.E.S. for example...which honestly is prolly his preferred sound from all the stuff Ive heard from him.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by Be Easy

says the dude calling WTT buns 
eyes.gif

Nah I got you. WTT had some jams, some lyrical stuff. I just feel like those two should have come up with something that completely blew out the competition. Like some next next next level type stuff. All we got was an album had that a Kanye type feel to it, featuring Jay on some tracks. I wanted to hear more soul samples, some DOPE beats that you can just dumb out to. Some real hip-hop vibes. That sh*& sounded like a techno album.

Back
Top Bottom