levis finally got it right 521 & 513

Do they still sell 521's?? :frown:

521's are now 508's. I have 2 pairs of 521's and spoke to a levi rep about why I don't see them anymore. She said levi's is trying to make their jeans more "universal" so the 508's in the states will be the same fit as a 508 in the entire world.

What's the truest fitting "slim straight" style. I have a pair of 514 but those def aren't slim. Leg splays out almost like a boot cut. :x

I will always love Levi's for their value. But once you buy a pair of higher end selvedge, the difference is night and day. I will gladly pay more for a superior pair of jeans. 
Nah thats a lie. I have APC NS and Nudies.. Nothing superior about 200 jeans.

Agreed.Trues, Nudies, PRPS, APC,GSTAR,RRL, Levis, etc. I wouldn't even be surprised if all of these companies use the exact same denim.

I will always love Levi's for their value. But once you buy a pair of higher end selvedge, the difference is night and day. I will gladly pay more for a superior pair of jeans. 

Agreed.Trues, Nudies, PRPS, APC,GSTAR,RRL, Levis, etc. I wouldn't even be surprised if all of these companies use the exact same denim.

dat feel when the only jeans you wear are levis

guess im not missing out on these expensive jeans :pimp: :lol:

sizing up on 508's
nthat.gif

the taper is not too tight but not as loose as 514's

i recently tried on 514s and 508s and i always thought the 508 felt/look a little looser :nerd:

maybe im trippin

Last edited:

guess im not missing out on these expensive jeans
:pimp: :lol:

sizing up on 508's
nthat.gif

i recently tried on 514s and 508s and i always thought the 508 felt/look a little looser :nerd:

maybe im trippin

You aren't. i have spent thousands on jeans throughout the last few years and I can barely tell some $40 jeans from some $400 ones. The distressing is nicer on some of the PRPS and Nudies, but its not worth the premium and I have never noticed any significant difference in the quality of denim. Don't let the denim snobs fool you, jeans are jeans. Unless you are talking about some Trues or Robins, no female is going to be able to tell the difference anyways. It is a waste to spend all of that dough so that some hypebeast kids or internet fashionistas will recognize that your denim was expensive or "selvege" or whatever. The only important factor is that they fit you comfortably. I will spend the extra dough if I see a rinse or fit that I like, but Levis basically invented jeans. You can't go wrong with 'em.

Can someone school me on the difference between the 513 and 513 "stretch?" Does the stretch mean I should get a size down since they "stretch?"

What is it with this new generation of nuthugger jean wearers? If you want jeans that fit, why not just buy your size?

What is it with this new generation of nuthugger jean wearers? If you want jeans that fit, why not just buy your size?

its disgusting....

grown men in stretch jeans

:rofl:

Yep. They wanna' make fun of people for wearing some jeans bigger than their size, but every time I see one of these types of threads I see cats in here talmbout, "should I size down 6 sizes on these skinny fits?" Just get your damb size and be done with it. Jeans stretch and shrink. Is it that serious that you gotta size down and have your nuts hurtin' with some red indentions on the side of your thighs from the jeans cuttin' into em, doin' the duck waddle til they stretch out?

Last edited:

guess im not missing out on these expensive jeans :pimp: :lol:

sizing up on 508's
nthat.gif

maybe im trippin

514s are definitely looser. i used to be all about 514s, but now i'm switching over to sized up 508s.

Last edited:
Gotta check out the 508's, I didn't even know levi's had taper jeans and that's exactly what I've been looking for in my jeans.

I've been meaning to grab a pair if 508s for the longest. My 521s stretched a good 2 inches in the waist and are just too loose in that area now.

Any of yall got some Dane colored ones? I need to see how they look in real pics. In all the product pics, they look almost like leather plus I want to see how they look after a wash.

Any of yall got some Dane colored ones? I need to see how they look in real pics. In all the product pics, they look almost like leather plus I want to see how they look after a wash.

I have Dane 501s, they have a waxed cotton look, kinda like waxed shoestrings. Not bad though, I like them. I don't wash though I dry clean my jeans so I can't speak on that, I'd be afraid of them losing their look though.

Went back to a pair of 513's and I like the fit. Probably will stay with the 513s and 508s, since these are the only two jeans that actually fit me well.

I have Dane 501s, they have a waxed cotton look, kinda like waxed shoestrings. Not bad though, I like them. I don't wash though I dry clean my jeans so I can't speak on that, I'd be afraid of them losing their look though.
Any chance you can post a pic? Levis has 20% today and tomorrow by the way, code is right on the front page. I never thought about dry cleaning my jeans, would save the color steadfastness I guess although Levis, LRG, and Rocawear washed with Woolite Dark tends to work fine for me in that regard

Last edited:
I wear 508s, but fit still isn't perfect by any means. If I bought my exact size my nuts would be in a bind even more and the front pockets are too small for me. Any jeans similar to 508s with more front rise?

Back
Top Bottom