Lexus IS 250 or Acura TL

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by duerr

Originally Posted by StillIn729

After 200K miles you'll still be driving it with minimal problems and half the repair costs.
ain't noone keeping a luxury car until 200k
Yeah, that would be STUPID!
the point of a luxury car is way over your head

It's an Acura TL, not a Bentley
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

$27k loaded for a TL? How much are the TSX going for? $23k loaded? I'm just curious because the TSX is and should be cheaper than the TL.
If the OP were buying NEW, I would suggest that if it were true. But for used, IS250 no contest. Buy it used and you'll get your money's worth with all the features and reliability and resale value when you want to sell it in the future.

My bad, should've mentioned that '08 TLs were being sold for 27k.

i would go with the TL... it has better standard options... it comes fully loaded except for nav... plus i would rather have the TL 3.2 liter 258hp.... thenthe IS 2.5liter 204hp
yeah the IS250 has the option of AWD or RWD... but if you are just gonna do normal driving then a FWD will do you just fine... also if you live in a city whereit snows then FWD >> RWD...

Part TL owner here and I don't like it... it looks nice and rides kinda sporty, but it doesn't handle as good as the IS250.
I've driven the 250 before and it corners rrrreeeealll good.

If you have any problems with the IS250, you can always take it to a Toyota dealership... I can't even take the TL to a Honda dealership for anything elsebut an oil change.

Originally Posted by solejordan

i'd go with the TL, due to expenses down the road with a lexus

The maintenance cost on both are pretty much on par with Lexus being more reliable so this statement doesn't really make much sense.

And I thought in snow conditions it is AWD > RWD > FWD ? I never driven in snow so I can't really say much.

RFX.. awd drive is the best in the snow.. but FWD >>> RWD... there is no weight in the back to push down on the tires to get traction... while withFWD you have the weight of the engine to help with traction...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

RFX.. awd drive is the best in the snow.. but FWD >>> RWD... there is no weight in the back to push down on the tires to get traction... while with FWD you have the weight of the engine to help with traction...

Ahhhh, gotcha! I guess this wouldn't pertain to Ferrari's?
happy.gif

Originally Posted by duerr

The TL is the better car. After 200K miles you'll still be driving it with minimal problems and half the repair costs.

I know it's not an option, but go drive an Infiniti..I LOVE mine.

my 96 TL is a beast, i burn out like nothing (w/ TCS off) & pullin stunts while rippin the e-brake are easy as cake
goin on 170k this month too
pimp.gif

TL FTW!

RFX.. awd drive is the best in the snow.. but FWD >>> RWD... there is no weight in the back to push down on the tires to get traction... while with FWD you have the weight of the engine to help with traction...

happy.gif
laugh.gif
true you is officially ballin if you trying to drive aferrari in the snow...

happy.gif
most ferraris have their engines towards the rear

Love my new TL type-S. Looked at getting the IS250, but the power wasn't there and the interior is much smaller. I really feel like I can spread out in theTL and the 286 horses is
pimp.gif
You also get more standard features with the TL. My advice is to go to a lot that has both and drive them back to back. Both carsare very nice.

Originally Posted by kangsoh1

Love my new TL type-S. Looked at getting the IS250, but the power wasn't there and the interior is much smaller. I really feel like I can spread out in the TL and the 286 horses is
pimp.gif
You also get more standard features with the TL. My advice is to go to a lot that has both and drive them back to back. Both cars are very nice.

That's because the TL's competition is the GS. The comparison should really be between an IS250 vs. a TSX, because it is somewhat of a different class,in a way.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

tl vs. is350 is a better comparison

qft

still, i'd take the IS... just on principle, i prefer RWD, but it's up to you haha; whichever meets your needs is best
happy.gif

both are good cars, no bad choice here

Back the Truck up.

08 TL fully loaded for 27k OTD?!?!

Makes me salty buying an Accord for the same price.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Early adopters FTMFL

Get the Lex. They last forever...my boys ol' LS400 has mad miles on it, rides nice and it never left him stranded.

Back
Top Bottom