Lexus IS 300 2003-2005

Would def recommend this car.Ive had mines for over a year and the only problems Ive experience were due to the previous owner (crappy aftermarket products, etc) other than that it has been a great/fun car. Been thinking lately on trading mines in for a 5-speed.

Would def recommend this car.Ive had mines for over a year and the only problems Ive experience were due to the previous owner (crappy aftermarket products, etc) other than that it has been a great/fun car. Been thinking lately on trading mines in for a 5-speed.

get a GS

other than that my 300 only seen belt/oil/tire changes (got it at 50k, its at 160ish now)

get a GS

other than that my 300 only seen belt/oil/tire changes (got it at 50k, its at 160ish now)

IS' are pretty reliable at my lexus shop I hardly see em except for this one dude that put the supra engine in his, he keeps having issues.

I have a GS, I would tell you to get that instead for that kind of money... I have the V8 though so it might be worse on gas for you, the GS300 is a little sluggish also.

Lexus' are pretty decent with reliability

So either way, just do your HW on the car and you would be in good hands.

IS' are pretty reliable at my lexus shop I hardly see em except for this one dude that put the supra engine in his, he keeps having issues.

I have a GS, I would tell you to get that instead for that kind of money... I have the V8 though so it might be worse on gas for you, the GS300 is a little sluggish also.

Lexus' are pretty decent with reliability

So either way, just do your HW on the car and you would be in good hands.

Its a toyota, it will be find. A manual is hard to find tho.

Id cop one and swap it with a 2jzgte
devil.gif

Its a toyota, it will be find. A manual is hard to find tho.

Id cop one and swap it with a 2jzgte
devil.gif

IS3 is good to go. Get a Prepurchase inspection by a reputable toyota shop or at the dealership. Keep up with maintenance(relatively cheap) and the car will run up to 200k with no problems. I miss my IS350, just put in gas and go.

IS3 is good to go. Get a Prepurchase inspection by a reputable toyota shop or at the dealership. Keep up with maintenance(relatively cheap) and the car will run up to 200k with no problems. I miss my IS350, just put in gas and go.

Keep in mind if you get one that the timing belt service is around 90-100k (i think) which can set you back almost a grand.

Keep in mind if you get one that the timing belt service is around 90-100k (i think) which can set you back almost a grand.

Any input on the 06-08 model...?

My leading vote getter for when i get back to the states next summer.

Any input on the 06-08 model...?

My leading vote getter for when i get back to the states next summer.

Back
Top Bottom