Lexus is the best car brand, period.

my point is why is it the best car and put on a pedestal if it is just an upped toyota but for the price of a high end luxury car ?

Their sedans cost as much as a mercedez/bmw/audi

Their suvs are priced like a range rover

I dont get how it is more superior i just wanted an explanation from people that own the L ... and i mentioned the nav bec he said its what stood out to him bec the navagation is good .. but would you shell out an extra $2000 that you already have on your cell phone?
View media item 1814968

Heck il even get the porsche suv for the price of the RX
Looks like I better get my Range Rover from SF.....
View media item 1814969

Last edited:
Am I missing something? Because RX starts at ~$42k and that Range Rover starts at $64k.

Now the Evoque starts at the same price as the RX but it's much smaller than the RX.
my bad i got the rx mixed up with the gx..

So is it really worth getting a non LS?
I mean there are some stuff that Lexus offers that Toyota doesn't (Mark Levinson speakers, LED headlights, and while the extra stuff will be options on a Toyota, they're standard on the Lexus. My family's always been a Toyota/Lexus family and we notice the Lexus drives much quieter than the Toyota.

Last edited:
Yah, if you prefer the style then why not. LS is Lexus' equivalent to the S and 7-series but on the lower end of the price spectrum. Performance isn't exactly what these cars are known for (though BMW and MB certainly have their M and AMG versions) so in the end it falls under personal preference in terms of luxury, value and comfort. I believe Lexus has the move luxurious ride of the 3 (4 if you include the A8).

If you have sat inside a Toyota and a Lexus, you really aren't going to mistake the two for each other. Drive it and you'll know whether you're in a Lexus or in a Toyota.

Last edited:
Both the ES and Avalon are on on the K platform which is the Camry platform. I believe the engine is also shared in some capacity.
I figure that. Some one mentioned the Avalon being a GS and I never got that impression.

I mean there are some stuff that Lexus offers that Toyota doesn't (Mark Levinson speakers, LED headlights, and while the extra stuff will be options on a Toyota, they're standard on the Lexus. My family's always been a Toyota/Lexus family and we notice the Lexus drives much quieter than the Toyota.

I`m all about reliability which is why I dont plan on getting a Lexus until the cost is a "drop in the bucket" for me lol

The game changer that Lexus offered us that really pulled us in: free car washes for life.

Man, I love Lexus and all and looking tonget an RC but damn, that EVO X is kinda calling my name, especially knowing it's fonna be the last EVO. What to do, what to do.....

Man I was soooo close to copping the EVO X. I always loved them so when I found out that it was the last year they would be producing them, I immediately went to the dealership and test drove one. The salesperson taught me how to drive stick in an empty parking lot and I test drove it for about 30mins. It is definitely a great car. However, interior plastic, loud somewhat uncomfortable ride quality, not offering recaro seats in their 2015 model, plus only having a cloth selt option available in my area, no sunroof option, changing the grill from all black to with color on the bottom, and having the turn signal lights in the side mirror all made me choose against it. I will never understand why a company selling a car that doesn't sell well already would basically try not to sell any cars the last year of production by making the car worst then it already is by giving it fewer options then it had before??? I did look at getting the 2014 model though I never buy used cars, but they were asking for basically the same price with 10k miles on them as the new :smh:.

Copped the RC F-Sport about 7 months ago and love it so far. It's night and day better than the Evo X other than performance of course

Last edited:
we went with the TLX via Costco got about 9 thousand off msrp with the costco discount and dealer incentives..

It was either the lexus is350 or the es 350 .. the ES just looked and felt like a regular sedan nothing special for the price of 42 thousand dollars

The is350 was sweet i was in love but then the dealer was not budging on giving us a good deal.. he wanted 41 thousand for the f sport.. when we left he said ok last chance 40 thousand.. still couldnt do it.. funny thing was it was the last chance yet he was still emailing and calling if we were interested with that price haha

Then we test drove the tlx it was smoother and more quiet on the road it had all the features the lexus had plus more and it was far below msrp walked out with the black tlx sh-awd for 31 thousand..

My quesion is other than price what really makes the lexus better ?

How much off MSRP was specifically from Costco? How does that process work?

My boy was looking at the NX, small but I like the body and the interior is nice as hell. He opted out cause there wasnt enough pep to it performance wise. No V6 option or anything.

I`m all about reliability which is why I dont plan on getting a Lexus until the cost is a "drop in the bucket" for me lol

Man just go used. There's so many good used Lexus' around that are very reliable.

Man just go used. There's so many good used Lexus' around that are very reliable.

Goal would be a yr old low mile used, but even then i probably aint getting a car within this decade so thats not really a big deal right now lol

Man I was soooo close to copping the EVO X. I always loved them so when I found out that it was the last year they would be producing them, I immediately went to the dealership and test drove one. The salesperson taught me how to drive stick in an empty parking lot and I test drove it for about 30mins. It is definitely a great car. However, interior plastic, loud somewhat uncomfortable ride quality, not offering recaro seats in their 2015 model, plus only having a cloth selt option available in my area, no sunroof option, changing the grill from all black to with color on the bottom, and having the turn signal lights in the side mirror all made me choose against it. I will never understand why a company selling a car that doesn't sell well already would basically try not to sell any cars the last year of production by making the car worst then it already is by giving it fewer options then it had before??? I did look at getting the 2014 model though I never buy used cars, but they were asking for basically the same price with 10k miles on them as the new :smh:.

Copped the RC F-Sport about 7 months ago and love it so far. It's night and day better than the Evo X other than performance of course
Funny, I was telling a coworker that one of the things I don't like about the new Evos is they don't come with Recaros anymore. He tells me, 'That shouldn't matter to a real car enthusiast cuz they would just swap those out with Brides!' :lol:

Last edited:
Funny, I was telling a coworker that one of the things I don't like about the new Evos is they don't come with Recaros anymore. He tells me, 'That shouldn't matter to a real car enthusiast cuz they would just swap those out with Brides!' :lol:

:lol: your coworker is too funny! Recaros > Brides all day.

There's a reason Porsche, AM, Black Edition GTR, etc., have used Recaros in their cars. Recaros :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom