LEXUS LS600 -BMW 760Li or MERCEDES S550

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

While Kay tends to be lean very hard in favor of BMW, his statement makes a lot of sense because the post title doesn't compare comparable models of the two companies' sedans.
true

this dude Ricardo just does not like Kay
laugh.gif

there was another thread dude just came madd random at Kay
laugh.gif

While Kay tends to be lean very hard in favor of BMW, his statement makes a lot of sense because the post title doesn't compare comparable models of the two companies' sedans. It should have said for an S65 or something along those lines to be compared to the 760... in which case, I'd prefer the S65. The current 7-series body style is mediocre at best--the previous one was much, much better. The horrible body really kills all the benefits of it because first thing you'd have to do every morning is see the outside of it before you got in it. The S65, however, is designed very well and also has a lot of power. The LS has a similar problem as the 7-series: botched and borrowed exterior.
QFT! The 7 series died with the E38. That was one of the best looking cars out there, and they absolutely ruined it. I would take a 2001 750iLover any new 7 series today. You cannot beat the style.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

While Kay tends to be lean very hard in favor of BMW, his statement makes a lot of sense because the post title doesn't compare comparable models of the two companies' sedans.
true

this dude Ricardo just does not like Kay
laugh.gif

there was another thread dude just came madd random at Kay
laugh.gif

Basically... I really dont know what I did to him...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by EB14

anyone who chooses a S550(V8) over a 760li(V12) is a fool...
only reason i can think of for doing so would be price.

isnt the 760Li about 40k more expensive.

that's the only reason i can think of besides preference(ignorance)

Im saying though, say you won a contest and you got to choose between these 2 cars...? Yall would choose the S550 over a 760li?

crack_smoker.jpeg

How the %%+@ you changing up the variables halfway through? Lame.

What the hell are you talkin' about?....My comment was a response to EB14's comment because he brought up Prices...

Lame.
Well wouldn't prices factor in your decision if you were going to compare and choose between the 3 vehicles? Or are ya'll window shoppingand basing it off of looks and visual aesthetics and which car is faster around a corner or has more giddy up.

Ain't nobody giving away free luxury vehicles so why would you even throw that out there?

Im saying though, say you won a contest and you got to choose between these 2 cars...? Yall would choose the S550 over a 760li?

crack_smoker.jpeg

What the hell are you talkin' about?....My comment was a response to EB14's comment because he brought up Prices...

Lame.
Well wouldn't prices factor in your decision if you were going to compare and choose between the 3 vehicles? Or are ya'll window shopping and basing it off of looks and visual aesthetics and which car is faster around a corner or has more giddy up.

Ain't nobody giving away free luxury vehicles so why would you even throw that out there?

Once again fam...I WAS TALKING TO EB14.....HE (EB14) threw in the Price factor.....None of my other posts in this thread say ANYTHING about prices....

The S550 and the 760li arent even comparable like others have stated...which is why I find it hard to believe that people are choosing a V8 S550 over a V12760li, Which is obviously the better Choice...FACT...not Opinion.

Now take a seat...
smokin.gif

One of these easy.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ the notion that choosing a better/classier looking V-8 > a V-12 is a fool move.

But it really should be the 600 or 65.
grin.gif

Your comparisons are off.

S63 is comparable to the Alpina B7(not sure if they still make those)
S600 is comparable to the 760Li
S550 is comparable to the 750Li

But in any case, S Class > LS > 7 series. Any day.

Nothing comes close to the S class' interior. Called by some major car magazines as "almost perfect". I could vouch for this. Been in one,haven't seen anything come close to it before or since.

The 7 series interior is =/ and the ride quality is bad. The speed is so so, especially in the case of a 760 because a v12, even with such mass, should pushharder.

The LS doesn't stand out in anything per say, yet is the most consistent in all categories of the 3. Given a 99/100 or so rating by either Car and Driveror Motortrend. I forget which.

No consideration for the A8 W12?

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Autobild: 2010 BMW 750i vs Audi A8 4.2 Quattro vs Mercedes S500 vs Lexus LS460

ab_029349429_93j93_022.jpg

1st place: 2010 BMW 750i (677 / 750 points)
Verdict: Agile, dynamic and roomy, the new BMW 750i edges out the S class by a mere 1 point. The suspension comfort is average but it makes up for this fault with comfortable and ergonomically shaped seats.
+Best agility and handling in class
+Very roomy
+Characterful engine
+Interior workmanship
+Good fuel economy
+Very comfortable seats
-Average comfort
-Hard suspension
-Luggage compartment relatively small

2nd place: Mercedes S500 (676 / 750 points)
Verdict: The S class is the most comfortable car in this comparison. It is quiet, roomy, refined and handles well. Price and costs are high though. A car that does everything right and nothing wrong.
+Very comfortable
+Very roomy
+Interior workmanship
+Great engine
+Very large trunk and payload capacity
-Expensive prices and costs
-Fuel economy

3rd place: Lexus LS460 (621 / 750 points)
Verdict: The LS lacks the agility of its European rivals and furthermore falls behind in overall comfort. The brakes are weak and need improvement. On the plus side it comes well equipped and is very quiet.
+Good value
+Refined and powerful engine
+Roomy interior
-Extremely poor resale value
-Cheap interior
-Low payload and trunk capacity
-Poor brakes
-Confusing cockpit ergonomics
-Navigation system not accessible during driving
-Fuel economy

4th place: Audi A8 4.2 Quattro (612 / 750 points)
Verdict: The A8 is showing its age. Traction and agility are good, but comfort needs to improve. Safety wise it is also outclassed in this comparison.
+Powerful engine
+Good traction
+Interior workmanship
-Low safety features
-Average comfort
-Fuel economy

just so we all remember that the BMW 750i was rated as the best

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Autobild: 2010 BMW 750i vs Audi A8 4.2 Quattro vs Mercedes S500 vs Lexus LS460

ab_029349429_93j93_022.jpg

1st place: 2010 BMW 750i (677 / 750 points)
Verdict: Agile, dynamic and roomy, the new BMW 750i edges out the S class by a mere 1 point. The suspension comfort is average but it makes up for this fault with comfortable and ergonomically shaped seats.
+Best agility and handling in class
+Very roomy
+Characterful engine
+Interior workmanship
+Good fuel economy
+Very comfortable seats
-Average comfort
-Hard suspension
-Luggage compartment relatively small

2nd place: Mercedes S500 (676 / 750 points)
Verdict: The S class is the most comfortable car in this comparison. It is quiet, roomy, refined and handles well. Price and costs are high though. A car that does everything right and nothing wrong.
+Very comfortable
+Very roomy
+Interior workmanship
+Great engine
+Very large trunk and payload capacity
-Expensive prices and costs
-Fuel economy

3rd place: Lexus LS460 (621 / 750 points)
Verdict: The LS lacks the agility of its European rivals and furthermore falls behind in overall comfort. The brakes are weak and need improvement. On the plus side it comes well equipped and is very quiet.
+Good value
+Refined and powerful engine
+Roomy interior
-Extremely poor resale value
-Cheap interior
-Low payload and trunk capacity
-Poor brakes
-Confusing cockpit ergonomics
-Navigation system not accessible during driving
-Fuel economy

4th place: Audi A8 4.2 Quattro (612 / 750 points)
Verdict: The A8 is showing its age. Traction and agility are good, but comfort needs to improve. Safety wise it is also outclassed in this comparison.
+Powerful engine
+Good traction
+Interior workmanship
-Low safety features
-Average comfort
-Fuel economy

just so we all remember that the BMW 750i was rated as the best
Not only are these at least one model lower but the verdict was a single point difference and the cons for the Benz (according to Kay) don'teven exist to those with money leaving the Benz as perfect.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nyybaseball423

Nothing comes close to the S class' interior. Called by some major car magazines as "almost perfect". I could vouch for this. Been in one, haven't seen anything come close to it before or since.

The 7 series interior is =/ and the ride quality is bad. The speed is so so, especially in the case of a 760 because a v12, even with such mass, should push harder.

The LS doesn't stand out in anything per say, yet is the most consistent in all categories of the 3. Given a 99/100 or so rating by either Car and Driver or Motortrend. I forget which.

Compared to what?...a Phantom?....
grin.gif

Originally Posted by eaalto

While Kay tends to be lean very hard in favor of BMW, his statement makes a lot of sense because the post title doesn't compare comparable models of the
two companies' sedans. It should have said for an S65 or something along those lines to be compared to the 760... in which case, I'd prefer the S65.
The current 7-series body style is mediocre at best--the previous one was much, much better. The horrible body really kills all the benefits of it because
first thing you'd have to do every morning is see the outside of it before you got in it. The S65, however, is designed very well and also has a lot of
power. The LS has a similar problem as the 7-series: botched and borrowed exterior.
QFT! The 7 series died with the E38. That was one of the best looking cars out there, and they absolutely ruined it. I would take a 2001 750iL over any new 7 series today. You cannot beat the style.

Word. Throw on some M Parallels and it's a wrap.

Originally Posted by nyybaseball423

Nothing comes close to the S class' interior. Called by some major car magazines as "almost perfect". I could vouch for this. Been in one, haven't seen anything come close to it before or since.

The 7 series interior is =/ and the ride quality is bad. The speed is so so, especially in the case of a 760 because a v12, even with such mass, should push harder.

The LS doesn't stand out in anything per say, yet is the most consistent in all categories of the 3. Given a 99/100 or so rating by either Car and Driver or Motortrend. I forget which.

the w12.........................maybe, i just put audi with infinitis and and acuras

Some of yall are forgetting that Mercedes bit the interior for the w221 (S550) from the e65-e66's (745i,745li,750i,750li) ....BMW came up with it in'02...it took MB 5 years to catch up...

crack_smoker.jpeg

Lame.
Well wouldn't prices factor in your decision if you were going to compare and choose between the 3 vehicles? Or are ya'll window shopping and basing it off of looks and visual aesthetics and which car is faster around a corner or has more giddy up.

Once again fam...I WAS TALKING TO EB14.....HE (EB14) threw in the Price factor.....None of my other posts in this thread say ANYTHING about prices....

The S550 and the 760li arent even comparable like others have stated...which is why I find it hard to believe that people are choosing a V8 S550 over a V12 760li, Which is obviously the better Choice...FACT...not Opinion.

Now take a seat...
smokin.gif

Son, you're an absolute idiot. You think people buying these calibers of cars really put much into whether it's a V12 or a V8? If anything, it'sa minimal factor when deciding between a 7 and an S. I'm a BMW enthusiast, own a 2008 530xi and a 2009 X6, but I don't even wanna defend my pride andjoy's because of your homerism.

crack_smoker.jpeg

Lame.

The S550 and the 760li arent even comparable like others have stated...which is why I find it hard to believe that people are choosing a V8 S550 over a V12 760li, Which is obviously the better Choice...FACT...not Opinion.

Now take a seat...
smokin.gif

Son, you're an absolute idiot. You think people buying these calibers of cars really put much into whether it's a V12 or a V8? If anything, it's a minimal factor when deciding between a 7 and an S. I'm a BMW enthusiast, own a 2008 530xi and a 2009 X6, but I don't even wanna defend my pride and joy's because of your homerism.

I dont care if your BMW's CEO....I'd pick a S65 over a 750li on anyday of the week....Im not lookin at Prices...Im lookin at which car is better.

Stop lookin at "Prices" and look at the cars at hand.....The 760li is CLEARLY the best choice of the vehicles listed....

While Kay tends to be lean very hard in favor of BMW, his statement makes a lot of sense because the post title doesn't compare comparable models of the two companies' sedans. It should have said for an S65 or something along those lines to be compared to the 760... in which case, I'd prefer the S65. The current 7-series body style is mediocre at best--the previous one was much, much better. The horrible body really kills all the benefits of it because first thing you'd have to do every morning is see the outside of it before you got in it. The S65, however, is designed very well and also has a lot of power. The LS has a similar problem as the 7-series: botched and borrowed exterior.
The S65 has no competitor with BMW and Lexus, and I like BMW more than Merc.

W221>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>F01.

well i recently purchased a 2022 Bentley X1 jet pack and it beats them all out bwwwwaaahahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom