Li-Ning Thread

'25 Years' colorway available now on shop.wow
http://shop.wayofwade.com/Way_of_Wade/Way_of_Wade_4:_25_Years

Kinda hesitant on copping the toe shred 3s since i have not worn the 3s and hearing the carbon fiber causing pain in reviews got me worried dropping $200.
i thought wade said they all wont be $190, this is just a special price for a special shoe. evidence is showing... $190 looking to be the average price.
That's a "Special" shoe too bro. You know all of them are special and limited. They playing Parcheesi right now and dudes are eating it up.

I'd rather cop the Birthday Toe Shred 3's than these. Li Ning really dropped the ball by not dropping toe shreds like these to the public.

Almost pulled the trigger on the Phantom Rays - then I realized even unworn, they are essentially valueless, so even $190 is too much. Can't risk buying them and not wearing them and then wanting to sell them, and them being worth, well, nothing.

Almost pulled the trigger on the Phantom Rays - then I realized even unworn, they are essentially valueless, so even $190 is too much. Can't risk buying them and not wearing them and then wanting to sell them, and them being worth, well, nothing.
Pretty much all Wades are this.

Yeah, I know. I'm not looking for a profit, but I buy a lot of shoes, and realistically/historically I don't end up wearing them all - it's just not possible (for me). So, occasionally I sell some to make room and whatnot. I just like to be able to get retail back, and I don't think I can even do that on most of my 3.0's if I end up not putting them in rotation.

Yeah, I know. I'm not looking for a profit, but I buy a lot of shoes, and realistically/historically I don't end up wearing them all - it's just not possible (for me). So, occasionally I sell some to make room and whatnot. I just like to be able to get retail back, and I don't think I can even do that on most of my 3.0's if I end up not putting them in rotation.

Absolutely feel you on this. I'm the same. I learned the hard way buying samples and such for mad money then not being able to recoup anything close to what I spent. These shoes just have no resale value. Not that I'm in it to resell either. Makes it that much harder to shell out 300 for some pairs, sample of not.

andersonjames andersonjames zero23 zero23

You guys have pretty much nailed it on the head. We obviously love or loved this line for whatever reason (materials, design, etc...) but there is no resell value. I wear the crap out of all my shoes so resell value means nothing to me really but my point will round about make sense. I did however purchase a VNDS pair of Screws from a member here for $200, great price. But once in hand I didn't care for them that much and they were a half size up from where I usually am. So I tried to sell them...for the $200 I bought them for. I had to let them go eventually for $180 shipped...but you guys get the point.

But AJ made a point earlier in the thread about the Team Wow group in MIA getting ALL the samples etc. They do charge quite a bit for them, and as much as Wades are great, I think we can all be honest when we say they don't really command that type of price tag. Now for the Wow guys in MIA? Sure I guess if you're at the local spots with Wade and UD and are part of the "club" you can maybe justify that price to yourself. But outside of MIA...well you get my point.

There are still plenty of those samples to go around as evidenced by the post earlier about FB and low prices. They simply aren't moving at those prices. And now the sale on the bigcartel site is going on. I might cop the Birthday's. I like them. The price is essentially for a GR pair, so I can live with that. But I see where you guys are saying still too high, and I have no issue with that.

I really like the Vet Day 4's as well, and I have about $50+ credit at SS, so I would be paying again...basically last years GR price for them, so I can stomach that. But so far this $190 price seems like it'll be the norm, special pairs or not.

I'll still support Wade and the line if I like what they are doing, but as of now I'm still scratching my head and the semantics of how some of this sample stuff is happening makes even less sense than the new retail price.

Last edited:
I had a guy try and sell me tns 1s for 350 on FB :lol:

I sold mine on eBay $150 VNDS and it still took a while for them to move. I thought that was a very fair price. DS I would have asked $180 probably. I"m not delusional with what these things are worth.

Have you seen them in person?
I haven't, but I watched Nightwing's video review of them.

So NBAStore is having 25% off, and of course the Wade's are excluded. It makes no sense why they would raise the price, and at the least, couldn't make them eligible for sales such as this one for Black Friday. If you do order through NBAStore though, you can get 2.5% cash back through Ebates.

50SHIP still also works for free shipping on WOW, Fanatics, or NBAStore.

Last edited:
I had a guy try and sell me tns 1s for 350 on FB :lol:

I sold mine on eBay $150 VNDS and it still took a while for them to move. I thought that was a very fair price. DS I would have asked $180 probably. I"m not delusional with what these things are worth.

Which sucks because retail after shipping on the TNS 1s was around $250. And there aren't a lot of DS pairs laying around either.

Which sucks because retail after shipping on the TNS 1s was around $250. And there aren't a lot of DS pairs laying around either.

I got mine from a SS restock. If I remember correctly they had me for $150ish. Was nowhere near $250

TNS 1s were $185 USD + shipping from SS. However they were $235 + shipping from hibasketballshoes. Don't know about other places.

I got mine from a SS restock. If I remember correctly they had me for $150ish. Was nowhere near $250

My first pair was $250 after shipping. My second pair from the restock was $197. So yeah I paid both prices. I've seen both sides.

I honestly don't remember when I ordered last time from them if there was and how much I had to pay.

Back
Top Bottom