LICENSE HELP!!!! VOL. I CANT GET IT TAKEN AWAY!!!!!

Quick question if i have a nyc license with about 8 points on it andabout 20 more (dont ask) pending if i get convicted guilty of any of the tickets i have would i be able to get a PA license without any issues.. i do plan toattend and fight all my nyc hearings and cases.. but i CANNOT afford to get my drivers license taken away since i rely on it for work and just bought a BMWwith a $840 car note (insurance+loan)..my in laws have about 5 houses in PA and my brother in law said he'd have my proof of residency ready for mewhenever i needed it (i do plan to switch me and my gf's cars over to PA including insurance soon) i read up on PA.org this
All new residents with out-of-state non-commercial driver's licenses must obtain a PA Driver's License within 60 days of establishing Pennsylvania residency. To apply, you must appear in person at one of our Driver License Centers. You will be required to surrender your out-of-state driver's license (valid or expired six months or less) before PennDOT can issue you a PA Driver's License. You will need to take a vision-screening test and complete the necessary forms, which are available at our Driver License Centers. In addition, you will need to show proof of identification and residency and your social security card. Please visit our fees page for information on the fee for the product you will be requesting.

I know for a fact that once your license is revoked Albanyautomatically puts a hold on your license transferability in all states.. but i am in good standing on my license and all my court dates arent until pastmarch.. Honestly im ready to drop $1000+ to make all this go away..any answers NT?

Illl be honest i have a heavy foot .. funny thing i speed 75% of thetime and can look out for cops.. but in NYC they have been od sneaky and od forceful lately and everyone and there mother that drives even 10 miles over thespeed limit gets tickets.. they will give you a ticket for breathing wrong.. the cop could be going faster then you slow down for a mili second clock you andpull you over.. my mom has been driving 35 years and never got a ticket until this year

Really it all depends on the state some states go by the interstate commerce law and some don't

I've known people with suspeneded ga license who were able to get one from ny

My advice is to go ahead and do it before they deduct anymore points

Say what you want but i speed safely (even though it sounds dumb) andmostly late night were i could only hurt myself .. i never put my life or anyones life in danger.. I HAVE NEVER TAKEN A SIP OF ALCHOL AND GOT BEHIND THE WHEELIN MY 1 1/2 YEARS OF DRIVING.. that has to count for something

Yes it's possible to get a license easily. A bunch of my friends from nyc get PA licenses to lower their insurance/lower risk of theft.

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

thnx for the info def gonna line all that up wthin this month f this nyc license %+%

fam if you already have 8 points on ur license & a possible 20 more points, you really dont need to be driving. you need to be on the bus

more like f your driving. honestly, if you get a PA license, and keep driving the way you are and the cops keep up with their routines, then you will be backin this situation with no way to run around the matter at hand

Originally Posted by ericberry14

fam if you already have 8 points on ur license & a possible 20 more points, you really dont need to be driving. you need to be on the bus

I have done this about twice already, NYC license to Florida license and FL license to MD...ummm PA should work the same, my husband actually had some stuff onhis NY license and was still able to switch to MD.

...but of course now he is totally suspended/restricted from driving in NY...PERIOD, if he gets pulled over even with an MD license he gets arrested on thespot...(don't ask, it really wasn't serious, just us neglecting some issues about him and tints)

so if you plan on driving in NY with PA license, make sure you have things cleared up on your name in NY....because they can still come after you, even thoughyou have out of state plates/license

Say what you want but i speed safely (even though it sounds dumb) and mostly late night were i could only hurt myself .. i never put my life or anyones life in danger.. I HAVE NEVER TAKEN A SIP OF ALCHOL AND GOT BEHIND THE WHEEL IN MY 1 1/2 YEARS OF DRIVING.. that has to count for something
Oxymoron. And
roll.gif
at 1.5 yrs of driving, that's NOTHING. LOL at you trying to make that sound like a lifetime. I don't even know how an insurance company will still take you in with 8 points already.

Illl be honest i have a heavy foot .. funny thing i speed 75% of the time and can look out for cops.. but in NYC they have been od sneaky and od forceful lately and everyone and there mother that drives even 10 miles over the speed limit gets tickets.. they will give you a ticket for breathing wrong.. the cop could be going faster then you slow down for a mili second clock you and pull you over.. my mom has been driving 35 years and never got a ticket until this year

damn...how much does it weight?

I HAVE NEVER TAKEN A SIP OF ALCHOL AND GOT BEHIND THE WHEEL IN MY [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]1 1/2 YEARS OF DRIVING[/color].. that has to count for something

i have a nyc license with about [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]8 points on it and about 20 more[/color] (dont ask) [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]pending[/color]
smh

I just got out of a similar situation with about 12 points pending no previous points on my license though. I was able to drop all 12 points and save whatwould have been a ridiculous amount for car insurance. The first thing I would tell you to do is to take the defensive driving course, that will drop you about4 points on your license as well as lower your insurance. Then when it comes to your hearings, try to hire a lawyer at the DMV its gonna cost you anywhere from100-150 to pay the lawyer depending on what kind of tickets they are but the ticket will be dropped no matter what. Most of the time the cop wont even show andthey will change the ticket to a parking ticket. Your going to be going out your pocket but I would take a clean license then one with points and some extracash in my pockets. Dont risk getting points or a suspended license, Im not sure how many points do you need to have before your license is suspended but whytake the risk in finding out. But yea thats really your best bet though.

i was in a very similar situation.
i lived in PA, had 3 points on my license for speeding over the summer. got a ticket again in early november for 80 in a 45 in PA.
i got got 4 points, which put me at 7 (can't get 6 or more). that resulted in a 90 day suspension
my license suspension was scheduled to start january 5th and i would have to turn in my license before than or get in trouble.
in november, i headed over to NY and changed my license to a NY license. used my grandma's house where i used to live before i moved to PA.
i ended up moving to NY in mid-december (un-planned).
now i have a warrant for my arrest in PA. i either have to turn in the license or get a notarized letter acknowledging my suspension and explaining why idon't have my license to give

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by ericberry14

COSIGN.. dude 8 plus another 20 points on the way? that dont sound right

Originally Posted by mrscampbellakasarahlee

I have done this about twice already, NYC license to Florida license and FL license to MD...ummm PA should work the same, my husband actually had some stuff on
his NY license and was still able to switch to MD.

...but of course now he is totally suspended/restricted from driving in NY...PERIOD, if he gets pulled over even with an MD license he gets arrested on the
spot...(don't ask, it really wasn't serious, just us neglecting some issues about him and tints)

so if you plan on driving in NY with PA license, make sure you have things cleared up on your name in NY....because they can still come after you, even though
you have out of state plates/license

yea im going to clear it up and just eat all the tickets and points under the NY but have a PA license so they couldnt really revoke me .. i know with thewarrants and missed dates they dont play..

Back
Top Bottom