Life & Times Of A Sneaker Addict: Nike Air Vs The Jumpman

Status
Not open for further replies.
“They had Nike logos when they originally dropped, why cant i get them now”? This is what i hear argument after argument when people debate on whether or not Jordan Brand should include Nike branding on retros. Not giving up my age (even though i’m in my twenties) i’ve only been alive to see maybe two or three Jordan’s released with Nike Branding, but then again young enough to remember none of those releases. For most of us except the triple OG’s in the sneaker game, we grew up on Jordan Brand operating as such. I ask, why so much hate towards the brand that gave birth to most of your sneaker careers? Granted they gave us some BS, but they have also given us some gems that are still slept on reference the homie @francoiskilljoy. Why disrespect your father, after he’s provided you with so much (father is going a bit far but you get it). How can you miss something you’ve never had? I mean I would miss coming home to Charlize Theron, but then again I never have. If I could get Royals 1‘s tomorrow with a Jumpman on them, I would love them just the same. I guess what im seeing is why are sneakerheads whom never really experienced this feeling of rocking Nike Air Jordans on feet so hungry for it. We complain of quality and price hikes yet encourage it at the same time (this is a totally different argument). These are just my thoughts and feelings, we may feel different and thats fine, but let the conversation begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom