Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Certified lame son.

A MILLION. Think about it. Are you not familiar with the game anymore? My dude Ursher barely moved 450K and that's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
considering the state of the game. But 1 mill his first week? His buzz ain't poppin' like that. If he can moves 450 like Mr. Raymond, consider that a success in itself son. You dudes lack sense like a mothafff these days.

Wow, you got Ye's meat shoved farther down your throat than I thought.
smh.gif

He should feel fortunate to push 300k? Usher does not have one of the most anticipated albums in who knows how long. Usher's album did not leak 2 weeksprior to it's release. Matter fact, Usher should feel disappointed by those numbers when A. Keys, Mary & Mariah (even though she's really anexception) are all doing ridiculous numbers during their album's initial release.

I never said anything about Wayne doing a mil. YOU the one that's been in this thread from the GET and refuse to give the man his due. His buzzain't popping like that? HOLY ****.
roll.gif

If Weezy does better first week numbers than kanYe, you getting put on suicide watch.

I usually stay away from Wayne posts on niketalk because people on here hate on him for no reason..

But the Carter III is a great album easily a 4/5 ...

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

i laugh at dudes talkn bout the album lacks concept, and lack dis and lacks that.....blah blah blah alot of yall dudes r jus hate'n cuz if u put this up wit lets say Rick Ross' Trilla, Carter 3 is better and alotta people thought Trilla was a decent effort from Rick..... Yea the album has a few cookie cutter joints 4 wat ever reason that is but its still a solid album

Yall dudes kill me wit that concept garbage....lik every jay song on a jay album is a concept song.....lik kanye stays on one subject every song....get over that garbage man....decent album not as deep as C2 or C1 but this joint shud do big numbers which alotta credits said wayne cudnt do

No one ever said wayne couldnt do big numbers...you def. made that *!$+ up
roll.gif

And trilla is a weed plate/frisbee/paperweight.......and wayne minus the syrup is light yrs ahead of rick ....stop it the hell kinda comparison wasthat...
laugh.gif

and if you dont think kanye and jay have a better ability to stay on topic then wayne....you are lying to yourself
ohwell.gif
...damn near everythign wayne puts out now is random as holy hell except forthe obvious exceptions....

after giving this album a couple more spins and really listening to it, I give it a 7.5/10
The only tracks that I'm really feelin' are...
Mr. Carter
Dr. Carter
Tie My Hands
Shoot Me Down

To me these are the only standout tracks that have any real replay value to me. Everything else is subpar to me by Wayne standards. I feel that for all thehype that this man has received by everyone and their moms, this album should have been way better.

Originally Posted by Uncle Cam

Certified lame son.

A MILLION. Think about it. Are you not familiar with the game anymore? My dude Ursher barely moved 450K and that's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
considering the state of the game. But 1 mill his first week? His buzz ain't poppin' like that. If he can moves 450 like Mr. Raymond, consider that a success in itself son. You dudes lack sense like a mothafff these days.

smh.gif

He should feel fortunate to push 300k? Usher does not have one of the most anticipated albums in who knows how long. Usher's album did not leak 2 weeks prior to it's release. Matter fact, Usher should feel disappointed by those numbers when A. Keys, Mary & Mariah (even though she's really an exception) are all doing ridiculous numbers during their album's initial release.

I never said anything about Wayne doing a mil. YOU the one that's been in this thread from the GET and refuse to give the man his due. His buzz ain't popping like that? HOLY ****.
roll.gif

If Weezy does better first week numbers than kanYe, you getting put on suicide watch.

You sir needa commit that. At the end of the day Usher's fanbase > Any fanbase Lil Wayne will EVER have.

And you keep bringing up Ye when I haven't brought him up once? Staring at my avy too hard?
laugh.gif

Oh yeah...Keys pushed 700K her first week. And WEEZY AINT ALICIA KEYS.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Son, you better go out there and cop 15 copies of your boy's cd. you'll be looking real foolish this next week.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Certified lame son.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif

He should feel fortunate to push 300k? Usher does not have one of the most anticipated albums in who knows how long. Usher's album did not leak 2 weeks prior to it's release. Matter fact, Usher should feel disappointed by those numbers when A. Keys, Mary & Mariah (even though she's really an exception) are all doing ridiculous numbers during their album's initial release.

I never said anything about Wayne doing a mil. YOU the one that's been in this thread from the GET and refuse to give the man his due. His buzz ain't popping like that? HOLY ****.
roll.gif

You sir needa commit that. At the end of the day Usher's fanbase > Any fanbase Lil Wayne will EVER have.

And you keep bringing up Ye when I haven't brought him up once? Staring at my avy too hard?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Son, you better go out there and cop 15 copies of your boy's cd. you'll be looking real foolish this next week.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
I thought you were done with this thread? You don't likethe man's music or this cd, WE GET IT. But Usher's fan base over Wayne's? Negative.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

So you think Wayne is getting better?
grin.gif

I'm done with this post because.......Lil' Wayne was basically brainwashed people into liking his music no matter what. This is what I've witnessed in the post

-people saying "I just gotta put on repeat for a whole day and then I probably like it"
-people making excuses like "what do you expect...take it for what it is" (which is a subpar album in reality)
-people saying "Wayne isn't gonna give you focused songs and structured verses, STOP HATING"
-people blindly saying "CLASSIC"
-people comparing him to BIG, Pac (who I don't really like but respect), and Jay
-people saying "This is just as good as the other Carters"
-people saying "He had to push his album back and all the GOOD songs got leaked"

C'mon people really? I respect the people that kept it real in this post by giving reasons for there rating of the album whether they hated it or loved it. But really if a man says he's the best, the media builds him to be the best, and his peers act like he's the best (Kanye and Khaled) then YES! I set the bar high.

Wayne is good rapper who puts clever words together but he rarely makes verses with substance or even direction.

Wayne is entertaining and I like him when he's on point....Hollywood Divorce, Dedication 2, Tha Carter I and II for examples but dude even through out the walk in/ fly in type joints. This shouldn't even be called the Carter III, this is worse than a Whiteowl Mixtape. I LIKE WAYNE, I'M NOT HATING....I want him to reach his potential that he was about to reach but just fell off with this album.

If you can with a straight face say this album has reply value, is worth your money, and you would listen to it other than in the car then I have no beef with you and respect your opinion but for the rest of the 99% of the population don't kid yourselfs.

Thing is, its one thing to make up excuses, but I can honestly say that in areas that he's digressed, he's more than made up for by progressing inother areas. Can't really speak completely on everyone else, but I've been a Weezy fan since he was in fubu and girbuads, and I feel like his flow hasgrown and continued to grow. Hell even during Carter 1 days, if his flow never got better he'd still have a nasty flow. He also has kept a whole lot ofcreativity throughout. Creativity in lyrics, wit, etc Tha Carter II didn't really have focus. It just had a bunch of random tracks that sounded good. C3 is the same, but its wayyyy better production which is obvious considering the lineup and if you listen its pretty evident.
I feel like its really his 2nd best CD, and its pretty much a consensus that the man puts out quality CDs. I like Tha Carter 1 best of all his CDs,but this is better than C2 to me. Yall wanna hear that raw spitting that he shows many glimpses of, but that's not where rapping stops. We all knowthere's so many factors to making a quality album with quality tracks, and this CD got some bangers

And another thing.....what the hell can you really say to this man? Carter 3 Weezy is the most successful Weezy in terms of mainstream success. He just putout a record breaking #1 overall billboard single, people are fiending for him more than ever despite the fact that his album has been pushed back eons. He's still stayed relevant and gotten more relevant as of recent, so honestly I can't really see him changing. Main stream success isn't really ajudge of how good a rapper you are, but really the balance of mainstream and being yourself. This _ aint bout to go back to 04 Weezy cuz we say he fallin offwhen his checks are saying elsewise

don't know if this helps, but i work at UPS and we usually ship cd's to Wal-Mart and the version i saw only had 13 tracks...the last track was called"Idunit" or somethin like that...they may have just takin away tracks from the edited version, but idk

Ive listened to the cd and that +%#$ is money hes got david banner, cool and dre, kayne west,swiss beats producing it that should say enough about it.Especially with weezy rappin to it.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Certified lame son.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
I thought you were done with this thread? You don't like the man's music or this cd, WE GET IT. But Usher's fan base over Wayne's? Negative.

You're officially the first dude to be put on ignore. Why you ask??
I've been on NT since '03. Lurking since '01 and YOU MY FRIEND, have made the the most idiotic statement I have EVER seen on this board.

Re-read what you wrote at the end. And do so 100 more times. I hope you feel like an imbecile and go
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

i laugh at dudes talkn bout the album lacks concept, and lack dis and lacks that.....blah blah blah alot of yall dudes r jus hate'n cuz if u put this up wit lets say Rick Ross' Trilla, Carter 3 is better and alotta people thought Trilla was a decent effort from Rick..... Yea the album has a few cookie cutter joints 4 wat ever reason that is but its still a solid album

Yall dudes kill me wit that concept garbage....lik every jay song on a jay album is a concept song.....lik kanye stays on one subject every song....get over that garbage man....decent album not as deep as C2 or C1 but this joint shud do big numbers which alotta credits said wayne cudnt do

No one ever said wayne couldnt do big numbers...you def. made that *!$+ up
roll.gif

And trilla is a weed plate/frisbee/paperweight.......and wayne minus the syrup is light yrs ahead of rick ....stop it the hell kinda comparison was that...
laugh.gif

and if you dont think kanye and jay have a better ability to stay on topic then wayne....you are lying to yourself
ohwell.gif
...damn near everythign wayne puts out now is random as holy hell except for the obvious exceptions....
1st off if jus go bak and watch MTV's 10 hottest rapper list, he was criticized on both episodes becuz he didnt have a mega selling album under hisbelt....or go bak and check 50s interview with the reporter frm MTV where 50 asked the reporter wat was Wayne's last single frm C2 and the guy cudnt give areply
laugh.gif

2nd i never said wayne was better than rick or vice versa.....i compared C3 to Trilla.... 2 big releases so far of 08' and alota people thought Trilla wasgood effort frm rick....imo C3 is much better than trilla b/c trilla has wayyy more album fillers 2 me than C3....

3rd i nevr said wayne was better than Jay or Ye at n e thing dawg....my statement says wat it says n that regardless of the concept the actual music on thealbum is solid and is wat is a MAINSTREAM album....he wants 2 do numbers he has 2 make album suitd 4 all genres which he did.... if he wud've jus came witha album with all lyrics, poor production, and bad hooks u got a major label release thats not worthy of breaking the 100k mark n 2days economy
laugh.gif

Decent album im jus glad he's not singn lik t pain on every track, or sounding as animated as he did on previous work

I actually like this album. It's much more leaning towards pop music. This album is copped and put in rotation!

I actually like this album. It's much more leaning towards pop music. This album is copped and put in rotation!

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Certified lame son.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
I thought you were done with this thread? You don't like the man's music or this cd, WE GET IT. But Usher's fan base over Wayne's? Negative.

You're officially the first dude to be put on ignore. Why you ask??
I've been on NT since '03. Lurking since '01 and YOU MY FRIEND, have made the the most idiotic statement I have EVER seen on this board.

Re-read what you wrote at the end. And do so 100 more times. I hope you feel like an imbecile and go
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
You listing how long you've been here like it's some great feat means absolutely nothing to me. Feel free to post it on your job resume if itmakes you feel any better. You've done nothing in this entire thread but state how bad you think the cd is and how much distaste you have for wayne. Okaydude, we get it. And you feel the need to criticize anyone with an opinion that differs from you and neck-n-chin anyone who shares a similar view. Weunderstand your stance on the cd and wayne. On the 10th, don't buy it and wait for soundscan.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

So you think Wayne is getting better?
grin.gif

I'm done with this post because.......Lil' Wayne was basically brainwashed people into liking his music no matter what. This is what I've witnessed in the post

-people saying "I just gotta put on repeat for a whole day and then I probably like it"
-people making excuses like "what do you expect...take it for what it is" (which is a subpar album in reality)
-people saying "Wayne isn't gonna give you focused songs and structured verses, STOP HATING"
-people blindly saying "CLASSIC"
-people comparing him to BIG, Pac (who I don't really like but respect), and Jay
-people saying "This is just as good as the other Carters"
-people saying "He had to push his album back and all the GOOD songs got leaked"

C'mon people really? I respect the people that kept it real in this post by giving reasons for there rating of the album whether they hated it or loved it. But really if a man says he's the best, the media builds him to be the best, and his peers act like he's the best (Kanye and Khaled) then YES! I set the bar high.

Wayne is good rapper who puts clever words together but he rarely makes verses with substance or even direction.

Wayne is entertaining and I like him when he's on point....Hollywood Divorce, Dedication 2, Tha Carter I and II for examples but dude even through out the walk in/ fly in type joints. This shouldn't even be called the Carter III, this is worse than a Whiteowl Mixtape. I LIKE WAYNE, I'M NOT HATING....I want him to reach his potential that he was about to reach but just fell off with this album.

If you can with a straight face say this album has reply value, is worth your money, and you would listen to it other than in the car then I have no beef with you and respect your opinion but for the rest of the 99% of the population don't kid yourselfs.

Thing is, its one thing to make up excuses, but I can honestly say that in areas that he's digressed, he's more than made up for by progressing in other areas. Can't really speak completely on everyone else, but I've been a Weezy fan since he was in fubu and girbuads, and I feel like his flow has grown and continued to grow. Hell even during Carter 1 days, if his flow never got better he'd still have a nasty flow. He also has kept a whole lot of creativity throughout. Creativity in lyrics, wit, etc Tha Carter II didn't really have focus. It just had a bunch of random tracks that sounded good. C3 is the same, but its wayyyy better production which is obvious considering the lineup and if you listen its pretty evident.
I feel like its really his 2nd best CD, and its pretty much a consensus that the man puts out quality CDs. I like Tha Carter 1 best of all his CDs, but this is better than C2 to me. Yall wanna hear that raw spitting that he shows many glimpses of, but that's not where rapping stops. We all know there's so many factors to making a quality album with quality tracks, and this CD got some bangers

And another thing.....what the hell can you really say to this man? Carter 3 Weezy is the most successful Weezy in terms of mainstream success. He just put out a record breaking #1 overall billboard single, people are fiending for him more than ever despite the fact that his album has been pushed back eons. He's still stayed relevant and gotten more relevant as of recent, so honestly I can't really see him changing. Main stream success isn't really a judge of how good a rapper you are, but really the balance of mainstream and being yourself. This _ aint bout to go back to 04 Weezy cuz we say he fallin off when his checks are saying elsewise
Great post.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom