LINCECUM WINS NL CY YOUNG!!!!

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

^It's not a team award. It's an individual performance award. And if you look at the stats, Tim did not do much losing.
Regardless of it being an individual award the team's success should be factored into whether or not the person receives it. Yet another flaw with baseball's award system.

get outta here.

and do the Ohio jokes not get old?

Ladies and gentlemen: a double-fail.
really.

Congrats Timmy boy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

^It's not a team award. It's an individual performance award. And if you look at the stats, Tim did not do much losing.
Regardless of it being an individual award the team's success should be factored into whether or not the person receives it. Yet another flaw with baseball's award system.
I remember you from another thread where you attempted to "bash" baseball.
smh.gif

And if you think that "reason" is a good one... I don't know what to tell you.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

smh.gif
Robbery, should have went to Webb or Lidge.
indifferent.gif

If you had said Santana I wouldn't have said anything, but out of curiosity, why do you think Webb deserves it more?

Timmy deserved it!!! I met him once outside of Niketown SF and this kid is really small. He looks like a high school kid. I asked for his autograph and hewas really cool about it. I just can't believe he won the Cy young in his 2nd year and his 1st full season. If only Zito pitched like the Cy young he wasback in 2002 the Giants would be dangerous.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

smh.gif
Robbery, should have went to Webb or Lidge.

I have yet to hear one good reason why Webb or Lidge deserves this award. Not one.

[h1]SF Giants' Ace Announced for 2K9 Cover[/h1]
By Owen Good, 4:00 PM on Tue Nov 11 2008, 1,152 views

custom_1226436864368_TimLincecum_2007_007.jpg
Can't beat this for timing, which means either 2K Sports got lucky, guessed smart, or they had an inside source telling them who was gonna win the Cy Young award today. But just as soon as Tim Lincecum of the San Francisco Giants was named the National League's best pitcher, 2K Sports came back announcing him as their cover athlete for next year's Major League Baseball 2K9.

Lincecum, he of the flowing mane and whiplash delivery, won the Cy Young by a comfortable margin, getting 23 first place votes. The next best guy got four, so maybe it was just a shrewd call on Take Two's part. In the news release, Tim did the boilerplate spokesmans-thing for the game, calling it "another dream come true" and "an absolutely surreal experience." But he also swears he's definitely a gamer and touts himself as the best one in the Giants' clubhouse "by far."

"I look forward to lending my baseball knowledge to the development process," he says. Interesting. Wonder if they're going to tinker with the pitching mechanics in the next release.

Originally Posted by DMan14

i heard wilbon didnt even put lincecum on the ballot SMH
I heard there was only one, and it wasn't Wilbon. If there's more, that's interesting, otherwise I heard Chris De Luca.

Congrats, but seriously the Ohio jokes are getting old. Volquez was on pace to win it at the break, but couldn't keep those sick stats going being hisfirst full year.

Back
Top Bottom