Lineman Fail Video

roll.gif

Don't know if this has been posted yet
laugh.gif

Sorry if late

that's not a fail...they did that multiple times, and had Fla jump offside on pretty much all of them.. they were doing that on purpose...

dre, i understand the back ground of doing this..

but dont you think it's a bit stupid when you got a shot at a free play?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

dre, i understand the back ground of doing this..

but dont you think it's a bit stupid when you got a shot at a free play?
I dunno. I mean, It's not that bad usually, because the running back is SUPPOSED to roll to the same side as the QB, thus picking up the 1strusher that poses the most danger to the QB and when it happens there is a set play to run (basically a smash route if there are 2+ recievers to the same sideor a hitch and a backside skinny or twin fades/option routes if there is one WR to each side) so we still get a play off and, esp when there's 2 wr'son the same side we have one deep option and one short, so we basically at least can kinda guarantee ourselves 7-8 yards. So I understand it. And we havemobile QB's so I don't worry about it that much. Esp. if the RB picks up the block like he is supposed to. I mean really, the rush up the middle isgoing to take time since the blockers are not going to move out the way so your main area of danger are the 2 outside rushers. But #1 the RB should at least beable to chip the rusher on the side where the QB is scrambling and #2 since he is scrambling to the opposite side of the backside defender, he shouldn'teven get there in time.

The vid posted is a blown play. There was a mixup. Center was not supposed to snap the ball or the rest of the OL missed the snap count.. The other 4 linemangot a bad jump out their stance. Only one who didn't was the center. That's not what usually happens.

For example:

If the RB would have went over/been able to get over and chip that RE, there would have been a chance to complete the post corner part of the smash route.

Ya, I saw em do it before, i forget which game...and I said what the %@+@ are they doing.

then the commentators gave the back ground, still seemed a bit over the top to me.

* do you coordinate your flag football teams offense?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

then the commentators gave the back ground, still seemed a bit over the top to me.
It is a bit over the top. But moreso than the whole 'Discipline/Military/Marine OL coach' !%!@ it's to guarantee that we won't geta penalty should we move if the DL moves first.
* do you coordinate your flag football teams offense?
laugh.gif
In one league I play QB, so yeah kind of. We ain'tout there w/ a passing tree or running the west coast offense or nothing though.
laugh.gif
You can be simple and do well in flag football.

In the other 3, nah. But we are out there looking like a Jimbo Fisher offense though, running bubble screens if the CB is 10 yds off the LOS.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Why are you lost? What don't you understand?
What's the use of the guy not moving? What did the commentators mean by saying two free plays for the first down? I guess I have no ideawhat's going on because I don't see this much in the NFL outside of an offensive team trying to lure the defense into an offsides call.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

What's the use of the guy not moving?
In the 1st vid, the guy (RT) didn't move because the OL isn't supposed to move when the ball is hiked prematurely. When it's hikedprematurely it's usually because the D jumped offsides and they (OL) don't want to run the risk of the penalty being called on them (As sometimes theoffense will get a penalty if they move EVEN if the defense moves first) . The left side of the of the line moved first and they all moved because of eachother. The C moved, so the LG moved because of that. And because the LG moved, then the LT moved. Then later the RG moved. If you look, you can see the order.C -> LG -> LT -> RG. If you look at the 2nd vid, you can see how it's supposed to go. The 1st vid was a broken play and mixup in the snap count.
What did the commentators mean by saying two free plays for the first down?
The commentary was out of sync somehow. The commentary wasn't for that play. Hell, it wasn't even for when FSU had the ball. Thatcommentary wasn't for the correct play. If you listen, they talk about a measurement and it being 3rd and short and something dealing w/ Hernandez (whoplays for the gators), but the play in the video is 4th and 4 and FSU has no Hernandez on the team

Back
Top Bottom