Listening to Lupe Food & liquor for the first time in years

So refreshing to hear this album after so many years. Not to turn into a rant, but how is Drake the best we have to show these last 8-10 years?! Well I guess we also have Kendrick and KRIT, but how did we let hip hop de-Volve to where it is now? This new trap nonsense is making us all morons! Ok back to scheduled programming

So refreshing to hear this album after so many years. Not to turn into a rant, but how is Drake the best we have to show these last 8-10 years?! Well I guess we also have Kendrick and KRIT, but how did we let hip hop de-Volve to where it is now? This new trap nonsense is making us all morons! Ok back to scheduled programming

Stop saying “us” and “we” that’s YOU! Evolve your palette bruh. Drake ain’t the best in the past 10 years. Plenty good dudes. Denzel Curry, Mick Jenkins, Joey Badass, JID, etc. tons of good artist making lupe type stuff.

It's one of those albums I listened to so much during my younger years where I might have gotten burnt out in doing so, but it's definitely a classic and a favorite of mines. More a fan of "The Cool", but always love to hear a song on my streaming shuffle and try to dissect the message even further.

As of now, favorite song is either "He Say, She Say" or "Hurt Me Soul". "The Instrumental" and "American Terrorist" are right behind those two.

Remember playing this one and many other albums during a period and not truly understanding what I was listening too until some time after. "It's like an untouchable touching u", remember sitting in class and learning about the untouchables and finally understanding the meaning of that line about a good year later. In having to learn and educate myself, is what really made me love hip-hop/rap. And to touch on Drake, he's an amazing artist, thats what sells more than actually excelling at rap now.

Aubs is trash.

Trap rap >>>>>

This was an amazing project, DayDreamin still gets spins. The Cool up there with my favorites of all time.

Album is nostalgia now for me.

Will forever be considered in my top 3, personally.

-Drew

Definitely a brilliant body of work, for myself it gets better every few years I go back to listen to it.

Back
Top Bottom