Living at Home after Grad

I just graduated from college (engineering
pimp.gif
)  and just moved back home, and it's only been a day, and I'm already thinkin to myself, damn it's gonna be weird
laugh.gif
. The rent will be free, and I'll have my parents around, but the downsides are that I won't feel so independent (my mom's kind of a controlling-type and cares a lot) and I won't be completely "free". My older brother told me in the beginning, it'd feel like high school all over again.

My goal is to work for a few years, figure out what I wanna do for grad school, then after grad school, move out and settle down somewhere. I just wanted to know what you other graduates decided/or are deciding to do after.

That's exactly what my cousin did after graduating from csu long beach in electrical engineering. Last I heard from him he was just working and saving money hopefully for a down payment on his own crib. Congrats on graduating.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

That's exactly what my cousin did after graduating from csu long beach in electrical engineering. Last I heard from him he was just working and saving money hopefully for a down payment on his own crib. Congrats on graduating.

Honestly, if you are good at saving/making money; then this is the smartest/safest thing you could do after you graduate.

Did it and I have my own crib and getting ready to buy a new Whip. Best decision you can make if you're saving to move out and can deal with it

obviously, it's not ideal for anybody, but it is a HUGE help to be able to live rent free for some time.

i'm doing it myself...moved back after graduating in May, starting my job on Monday, going to save up some dough, work on paying off the student loans and save up for moving out and grad school.

Acid, I think you got a good plan ahead of you. You gotta make some short-term sacrifices for the long run.

What Engineering did you Major in acid?

Im studying Mechanical Engineering ..cant wait to finish this im tired of school

I'm currently doing that right now. Living with the parents rent-free is a major help in dealing with pay off school loans, while saving up some money for law school. With that said, it does suck coming back home after having a lot of freedom when living on your own. Overall, it's not too bad though.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

What Engineering did you Major in acid?

Im studying Mechanical Engineering ..cant wait to finish this im tired of school
i was a mechanical engineering major as well.
being home is sweet when you don't live there permanently
pimp.gif

so true haha. man i remember when i came home for breaks during college i was always so psyched and happy.
pimp.gif
this time, knowing that i'm gonna be here for a while it's more
grin.gif
than anything.
laugh.gif

First of all, congrats on graduating (no more of this UCSD crap)
laugh.gif

I'm headed home too for a few months, until the Air Force sends me to Ohio for my first assignment sometime in October (just commissioned
pimp.gif
). Probably pick up a part time job in the meantime just to make some money on the side.

Living at home sucks, you end of feeling bummy. Make sure you try to get out that house as soon as possible.

acid, you're only what? 22-23 years old? Stay at home and save up your money while you still can. At least you're not in your late 20's living at home. You sound like you have a good plan. Stick with that.

think on the bright side, atleast you don't pay rents.
but then again, major +%%! block if you got a girl

think on the bright side, atleast you don't pay rents.
but then again, major +%%! block if you got a girl

Save your bread.

You have nothing to prove to anybody. Your bank account will thank you later.

These are TOOOO REAL!

Same thing with me I graduated but I moved in with my girl who owns her house and also since my job is closer to her home than my moms. I can knock out this student loan in 2 months though
pimp.gif
. I graduated in Electrical Engineering BTW.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

First of all, congrats on graduating (no more of this UCSD crap)
laugh.gif

I'm headed home too for a few months, until the Air Force sends me to Ohio for my first assignment sometime in October (just commissioned
pimp.gif
). Probably pick up a part time job in the meantime just to make some money on the side.

Congrats on the commissioning
pimp.gif
I went through the OCS in the Marine Corp but turned it down at the end good luck!

Did the same when I graduated. Stayed about about a year, then I moved in with my girl. It's a pain when you come and leave at all times during the night and the 'rents wanna ask you where you goin and where you been. It's like, don't you realize I'm grown
laugh.gif

I can't do it personally. When I pay rent I can always say "F what you say, I pay the rent in this B@!$%." if I lived at my parents I wouldn't be able to say that, meaning that their house, their rules. I really really really hate living under someone else rules. And what if I want to have people over? I'll say this, it's for some people but I could never do it. Plus all that independence from them that I gained through college, end of the day they'll have won all those "I'm grown" battles that we've had since I turned 18, cuz they can always say, "if you were so grown, pay some damn bills" lol just my 2 cents.

I'm in the same boat. Just graduated in may as a Electrical Engineer. Right now i'm staying at my aunts house rent free and saving money. For as long as there is no pressure to move out I will wait until I am ready mentally and financially to find my own place.

Back
Top Bottom