Local Food Spots( By Region, Price, and Taste)

Seeing how we have a huge amount of members from all across the world, I think it would be a great idea to generate a Niketalk Zagat if you will. For those of you who aren't familiar with Zagat, the publication is a rating book for restaurants. The scores are based on customer write in's, and then are averaged out. It would be very beneficial to those of us who travel or will be visiting different states to generate our version of this( because I know that most of the " hole in the wall local spots" aren't generally as advertised. 
In terms of rating pricing and taste let's keep it on a 1-10 scale: So for instance if I mention Joes Stone Crab in Miami, I would give it a 9 for taste and an 8 for price.

Try not to just mention the name of the place, but offer your favorite meal that the establishment serves. Also if possible offer the location of the restaurant. Let's attempt to keep the " tourist traps" to a minimum. 

If we get enough entries, I'll be more than happy to moderate the thread and put a list together of places by state and city.

Miami, Florida

El Chalan Peruvian Cuisine

1580 Washington Ave

Price: 4

Taste: 8

[font=arial, sans-serif]Favorite Dish: Aroz con Mariscos [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Chalan is probably my favorite " hole in the wall" restaurant. Its authentic Peruvian food, and the prices are very reasonable in comparison to the portions served. Certainly one of my favorite bargains in Miami considering the prices of most tourist traps. [/font]

Back
Top Bottom