Local NYC board backs plan to build mosque near Ground Zero

Originally Posted by mikykr20

This is why I hate libs and demoRats...y'all are what's wrong with this country. January 2013 cant come soon enough then its Good bye to obuma

Why do things have to be so polarized?  You seem staunch in your hate, for whatever reasons.  And don't get me wrong many Liberals and Democrats form the same sweeping hatred for Republicans.  It's a minority on both sides that is truly for open and honest discussion.

But I hope you find reason to join that school of thought soon enough.

This is why I hate libs and demoRats...y'all are what's wrong with this country. January 2013 cant come soon enough then its Good bye to obuma

Chances are he wins reelection...

And I enjoyed your argument...

But seriously you hate us liberals because we are fighting for the 1st Amendment of the Constitution?? Because we are fighting for the principal of what this country was founded on?? Because we are trying to show the world that this country stands up for its principle freedoms and values no matter what?? This is not a liberal or conservative thing... This is not a Democrat or Republican thing... This is not a Pro Christian Anti Christian, or a Pro Muslim Anti Muslim thing....

This is a will you stand up for what this country was founded on and believes in NO MATTER WHAT  or will you fall to the forces of fear telling you that you are not the land of the free, you do not treat everyone equally, that everything this country stands for is a lie and this country is a terrorist nation in disguise...

That is what it comes down to, no more no less...

I'll take the side of standing up for our principles and not risking them for a sense of false security like we are back in 1950's looking for Communists... You can choose the side of proving what the terrorist wanted to show us as, if you want, but just know history will prove you on the wrong side of the debate..

Mo Matik wrote:

Why do things have to be so polarized?  You seem staunch in your hate, for whatever reasons.  And don't get me wrong many Liberals and Democrats form the same sweeping hatred for Republicans.  It's a minority on both sides that is truly for open and honest discussion.

But I hope you find reason to join that school of thought soon enough.

Don't bother. You're wasting your time. You won't have an intelligent discussion with him.

This has nothing to do with Liberals and DemoRats. This has everything to do with the American Constitution which advocates property rights and freedom of religion. Since 9/11 the constitutional rights of all Americans have been infringed upon as citizens have been forced to sacrifice their constitutional rights due to politicians playing on the public's fears. Yet again we have an example here where a religious group (remember that the constitution guarantees freedom of religion) want to build a mosque (remember that the constitution guarantees property rights) and yet bigots and Islamophobes are playing upon the public's fear of the unknown (Islam) in trying to disrupt a totally legal and constitutional project. The bigots and Islamophobes are using broad and ambiguous terms such as 'insensitive' to demonize a project that has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, terrorism, etc etc.

People must realize that politicians capitalize on ignorance and fear not only to win political support but also to control the masses by increasing government power. It's happened with Asian-Americans, Communists, African-Americans and now Muslim-Americans are the latest to draw the wrath of the American public. At the end of the day if this mosque does not get built, it wont be just Muslim-Americans who lose out but all Americans will lose as well. Every American will lose because a completely legal and constitutional project will have been canceled due to ignorance and hatred and politicians in the future will just continue to pander to the will of the ignorant masses in order to step on the constitutional rights of the group of people who are deemed to be the enemy. Right now it's Muslim-Americans, maybe next time it's Jewish-Americans, or Haitian-Americans or Latino-Americans...heck, Caucasian Americans may some day be the minority in the U.S. and perhaps ignorance and fear will be used to violate their constitutional rights too.

Allowing bigotry, hate, fear, ignorance etc to violate one's constitutional rights is an extremely dangerous thing to do.

I never once said they didn't have a right to put a mosque near ground zero...all I said was that its a slap in the face to every 9/11 victim and their families... and as far as this POS of a president getting re-elected goes, if y'all believe that then y'all must still believe in Santa or the tooth fairy

It is open to anyone who wants to go.. Just like Italian Community Centers and Polish Community Centers and Irish Community Centers are open for those not belonging  to that group

you conveniently ignored the point. But nice straw-man. There is a massive distinction between the two. Feeble attempt at trying to convey a double-standard by who ever wrote that article.

First of all it is 13 stories... Only 1 or 2 of which will be a prayer space...
1 story, 2 story whatever. ITs a giant mosque and in no way shape or form comparable to the non-denomination room made inside the pentagon. Again. feeble.

Now to address your copy-paste shill fail.

Yes he has denounced terrorism
roll.gif

His opinion on Sharia Law is FAIRLY RESONABLE
roll.gif

P.S.

This abandoned building was struck by landing gear from the plane that ht wtc1. How IRONIC the imam chose this location to build the massive mosque.

Thats also why it is part of ground zero and why the imam himself calls it the "ground zero mosque".

#*!@!@@ Yuku

Originally Posted by xJoRDaNHeaD

Don't blame us. Republicans are the problem

I never thought I'd see the day that racist's would grace the site of NT. As Americans, we should know better. This reminds of the colors/whites days that used to rule the 40's and 50's. Are we really going to disregard AMERICAN MUSLIMS because a group of 19 foreign terrorists acted inhumanely? Did we forget that crips, bloods and other gangs that killed hundreds of thousands of people through out time are wearing crosses and "Jesus" garments; going to church and preying are living right in this very country?

I'm starting to believe that Muslims living in this country have more to worry about what Americans are going to do to them, than Americans have to worry about what Muslims are going to do. This is pitiful. The foundations that built this country are now gone. The terrorists won. They've helped make America a more dangerous country, starting with Americans first...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

let them build the %+#@%+! mosque. so much ignorance.

waa waaa

You think THIS is ignorance? go to any islamc dominated country and try to practice christianity, better yet..judaism.

See how much "ignorance" you come in contact with
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

It is open to anyone who wants to go.. Just like Italian Community Centers and Polish Community Centers and Irish Community Centers are open for those not belonging  to that group

you conveniently ignored the point. But nice straw-man. There is a massive distinction between the two. Feeble attempt at trying to convey a double-standard by who ever wrote that article.

1 story, 2 story whatever. ITs a giant mosque and in no way shape or form comparable to the non-denomination room made inside the pentagon. Again. feeble.

roll.gif

roll.gif

P.S.

This abandoned building was struck by landing gear from the plane that ht wtc1. How IRONIC the imam chose this location to build the massive mosque.

Thats also why it is part of ground zero and why the imam himself calls it the "ground zero mosque".

If we are calling out "straw men" and other methods of dodging the issues, you may want to address the comments rather than to use emoticons.

Also, I don't know if you've ever been to Ground Zero, but anyone who has been there can tell you the area around Ground Zero is a dead zone.  The property's cheap price tag is the primary reasoning behind the location.

with the opposer's logic that the the mosque would breed more terrorists then the church/cathedral in Oklahoma City that was built the 90's shouldn't have gone up either near the site of the bombing.
the bomber's who were u.s. born and raised were Waco sympathizers and the events of that raid sparked their retaliation.
but i guess since those terrorist weren't brown, its not a big deal.

roll.gif

roll.gif

P.S.

If we are calling out "straw men" and other methods of dodging the issues, you may want to address the comments rather than to use emoticons.

Also, I don't know if you've ever been to Ground Zero, but anyone who has been there can tell you the area around Ground Zero is a dead zone.  The property's cheap price tag is the primary reasoning behind the location.

I never once said they didn't have a right to put a mosque near ground zero...all I said was that its a slap in the face to every 9/11 victim and their families... and as far as this POS of a president getting re-elected goes, if y'all believe that then y'all must still believe in Santa or the tooth fairy

Yeah it is a slap to every 9/11 victim... Even the Muslim ones OH WAIT...Your statement holds no weight...When Muslims were killed also..

What is a slap in the face is 3000 innocent civilians died because terrorists wanted to prove a point about the United States and attack our freedoms and 9 years later people want to throw their freedoms into the trash because of it...

By the way.. Here's why Obama wins in 2012... Reason #1 strength of incumbency, incumbents normally win (Past 100 years  10 2+ term presidents includes those who died in office or stepped down and VP takes over and wins reelection... only 4  1-term presidents)... Reason #2 the way popularity polls work a president normally sinks second year (see Reagan all the way into the 30's) Reason #3 how split the republican party is, the tea party and Fox News has pulled the Republican Party so far to the right they are almost unelectable (see Harry Reid's opponent) the Republicans should be able to clean up and take control of House and Senate but as things look they def. won't get Senate and they may not get the house...  Reason #4 Obama is in a similar position Clinton was in.. And when Clinton took it to the Republicans after they took control in 1994 over the government shutdown Clinton ensured reelection Reason #5 there is not one emerging Republican who can get broad support from the entire electorate Republicans and Independents alike....  So far 3 candidates have been favored to win the primary (Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich & Mike Huckabee) not one of them has a chance to beat Obama... And if Mitt Romney runs the Republicans will tear a hole so large into Mitt Romney he won't be able to survive 2 months... Early-Mid 2011 is when we start finding out candidates and not one has emerged through the party.... In late 2006 all political insiders had John Edwards, Hilary Clinton & Barack Obama as the top three (and Obama hadn't even hinted at running for President).. Washington knows who is running before the person announces (months ahead of time) and the GOP has no one... Reason #6 And believe me when the GOP keeps pushing cutting Social Security and raising the retirement age.. They are in for a world of hurt..

Back to the topic at hand... C5A5D5A5 you obviously have no rebuttal if you post a rolling laugh when I gave you direct quotes from the man himself.....

I work down there in the world financial center....to actually be someone that's down there everyday I say build the mosque down there..its an OTB(off track betting) site ,a strip club and a post office over there...they had the rally an the only ppl that were against it were the redneck construction workers....this is america ppl NYC for that every one is together out here anyway......most of u ppl that's hating on the building coming up MUST NOT LIVE IN NYC......so its no reason for u guys to worry...

I work down there in the world financial center....to actually be someone that's down there everyday I say build the mosque down there..its an OTB(off track betting) site ,a strip club and a post office over there...they had the rally an the only ppl that were against it were the redneck construction workers....this is america ppl NYC for that every one is together out here anyway......most of u ppl that's hating on the building coming up MUST NOT LIVE IN NYC......so its no reason for u guys to worry...

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

let them build the %+#@%+! mosque. so much ignorance.

waa waaa

You think THIS is ignorance? go to any islamc dominated country and try to practice christianity, better yet..judaism.

See how much "ignorance" you come in contact with
laugh.gif

LOLOLOL this is so bad its funny.

I'm voting for Obama again in 2012. I really don't trust anyone else right now. These republicans are under-cover racist's trying to re-write America's constitution.

Back
Top Bottom