|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeks before the Knicks finalized a deal with the Denver Nuggets to acquire Anthony in February 2011, Lakers part-owner and VP Jim Buss rejected a trade that would have included Bynum, who at the time was one of the NBA’s top young centers. Anthony, who maintains an offseason home in southern California, visited the Lakers during his free agency tour two summers ago before signing a five-year, $124 million contract extension to remain in New York.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-wanted-carmelo-join-lakers-article-1.2451895

:rollin

This franchise will continue to be **** with him running operations.

Giving up that version of Bynum for Melo would've been a terrible move.

KD coming here. The throne is open 
laugh.gif
. I'm joking, but having the keys to the Lakers is somewhat enticing. 

Weeks before the Knicks finalized a deal with the Denver Nuggets to acquire Anthony in February 2011, Lakers part-owner and VP Jim Buss rejected a trade that would have included Bynum, who at the time was one of the NBA’s top young centers. Anthony, who maintains an offseason home in southern California, visited the Lakers during his free agency tour two summers ago before signing a five-year, $124 million contract extension to remain in New York.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-wanted-carmelo-join-lakers-article-1.2451895

:rollin

This franchise will continue to be **** with him running operations.

Giving up that version of Bynum for Melo would've been a terrible move.

Yup

I'm rooting for wins. Don't care if we get the pick or not, as long as the young guys progress.

Russell, Randle & Clarkson's progression this season >>>>>> the chance to get that pick.

If we get it, great. If we don't, I hope it's because of the young guys growing.

And if we lose it all while looking like ****, that's far far worse than losing it because we won a few more games.

Pipe dreams:

Clarkson
SG
KD
Simmons
Horford/Whiteside

Russell and Randle leading the bench mob.

Westbrook
Clarkson
KD
Simmons
Horford/Whiteside

Russ and Randle still being super subs

Pipe dreams:

Clarkson
SG
KD
Simmons
Horford/Whiteside

Westbrook
Clarkson
KD
Simmons
Horford/Whiteside

Reality:

Hibbert
Randle
Anthony brown
Clarkson
Russell

Pipe dreams:

Clarkson
SG
KD
Simmons
Horford/Whiteside

Westbrook
Clarkson
KD
Simmons
Horford/Whiteside

Are you saying both Horford and Whiteside?

Has to be one or the other.

Because that makes Westbrook unobtainable in 2016.

Also think Clarkson works better off the bench for that scenario than Russell does. Russell is a better facilitator and that's what you would need there.

Last edited:
Would the Lakers have the possibility of having 3 max contracts this summer with some tinkering (i.e. moving Lou or Nick's contracts)?

Id love for KD or Westbrook to come over. With Kobe out, maybe they can get a good contract. But with the record so far, I don't think we are attracting FA this summer.

Id love for KD or Westbrook to come over. With Kobe out, maybe they can get a good contract. But with the record so far, I don't think we are attracting FA this summer.

Maybe KD signs a 1 year deal with OKC, the kids play really well next season and they both come as a package deal. We need to get somebody of significance this summer though, it's essential no pun intended.

And that's partly why I say the wins don't matter if the kids continue to develop and ball , other marquee players will notice...hopefully. I'm more concerned with the pitches management puts together that runs the guys out of the door before even getting a chance to meet the guys.

Last edited:
Lmao Kobe playin like how I play in 2k when im down big and dont give a **** and just start takin fadeaway 3s

Maybe KD signs a 1 year deal with OKC, the kids play really well next season and they both come as a package deal. We need to get somebody of significance this summer though, it's essential no pun intended.

Well I'll be down to join the Lakers for a 1 year max deal. Even 1 year minimum.

KD coming here. The throne is open :lol . I'm joking, but having the keys to the Lakers is somewhat enticing. 

I really think the hints and chances of him coming here this summer are slowly increasing.

He's been defending and praising Kobe in the media lately.

He's the one current Superstar who I think is ready to accept the challenge of bringing the Lakers back to contender status again.

Haha I agree. It's good to look at it on a positive note. Hopefully the front office has tricks up their sleeves.

And that's partly why I say the wins don't matter if the kids continue to develop and ball , other marquee players will notice...hopefully. I'm more concerned with the pitches management puts together that runs the guys out of the door before even getting a chance to meet the guys.

So weird, I remember someone sayin that exact same thing, while you disputed the notion........

Maybe I misremember. :lol

I'm thinkin I may have to go with Lord Byron from now on. Dude is the Phil Jackson of tanking right now. Love this guy.

He just lost to a team on a 28 game losing streak. :rollin :rollin

I've been less happy about Western Conference Finals wins. :lol

For those still on the fence, or unsure, I know you may hate losing, and it sucks, embarrassing, etc, don't.

It's a different sport, I know, but take my word for it. My Cubs have been inept for a century. A. Century. Theo came in, laid out his plan, and went to work. He saved money, he stacked youth, he made smart trades, and within 4 years, you all just saw the jump the Cubs made. Now they are set for the next several years.

This is ugly, but it takes a lot of losses to get these young guys, same as it took the Cubs a lot of losing to get theirs.

I've watched it develop over the years, I watched it grow.

I've seen the same with the Golden State Warriors. They were terrible for a long while too. But they drafted well, developed those players, and made that one signing that helps tie it all together. (Iggy)

It can be done.

Randle, Clarkson, DLo, and a top 3 pick is a HELLUVA young, CHEAP, core to start with. Sprinkle in some extra pieces like Nance, Black, and Brown, you have your Ezele's, and Harrison Barnes, etc type "extra" picks that provide depth and such.
Then throw in a huge chunk of cap space, you can fill out the roster pretty nicely inside a year or two. Then just let the talent hit their primes, like Steph, Klay, Green, etc have done, and ride that wave as long as you can.

Once upon a time, Bynum was a baby, Farmar, Sasha, Turiaf, they made a small trade for a baby Ariza, then as they developed, made the big Pau addition, and Kobe/LO and the cheap vet signing of Fisher carried it home.

The losing will be forgotten, when the winning starts to take over again. We don't stress over the 92-94 Lakers, or the Smush era Lakers, we just remember what they led to.

This too, shall pass. (No Kobe)

So weird, I remember someone sayin that exact same thing, while you disputed the notion........

Maybe I misremember. :lol

I'm thinkin I may have to go with Lord Byron from now on. Dude is the Phil Jackson of tanking right now. Love this guy.

He just lost to a team on a 28 game losing streak. :rollin :rollin

I've been less happy about Western Conference Finals wins. :lol

Who me? Whose constantly said these dudes have to ball out to attract people here. Or are you tooting you're own horn for no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom