|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So with Jonathan Holmes injured the the last 2 roster spots come down to: MWP, Jabari & Anthony Brown ?

Wilt Chamberlain? :lol:

Dudes are just upset Upshaw got cut.

Wilt? :lol: Dat dramatization.

Now that the Lakers have put themselves in the position, yes this is ideal.

But they could have just signed Clarkson to a three year deal (or four, but he would be unrestricted like Stephenson), avoiding the problem altogether.

Clarkson is a restricted free agent and the Lakers can match any offer he gets next summer anyways.

So they can sign 2 max free agents if they come and then if they have to go over the salary cap and pay th luxury tax on Clarkson and Kobe if he decides to play another year or 2.

Wilt Chamberlain? :lol:

Dudes are just upset Upshaw got cut.

Wilt? :lol: Dat dramatization.

You know how this thread goes how rooks get HYPED up on here based off Summer Pro League games, and training camp.

We saw it last year with Clarkson after he killed in the Vegas SPL last year :lol:

Oh and Upshaw looked pretty bad in both SPL and pre season games.

But they could have just signed Clarkson to a three year deal (or four, but he would be unrestricted like Stephenson), avoiding the problem altogether.

Clarkson is a restricted free agent and the Lakers can match any offer he gets next summer anyways.

So they can sign 2 max free agents if they come and then if they have to go over the salary cap and pay th luxury tax on Clarkson and Kobe if he decides to play another year or 2.
I know this.

I am just saying they didn't have to put themselves in this position had they signed Clarkson to a longer deal. But they wanted to sign Boozer last summer.

At least they appeared to have learned from their mistake, and signed Anthony Brown to a three year deal.

Wow
We already know what Sacre is after 3 years
Why not keep Upshaw who has more upside?

Wow
We already know what Sacre is after 3 years
Why not keep Upshaw who has more upside?

I think a big reason why is because Sacre contract he's guaranteed $950K or close to a million weather or not he's on the roster or gets cut. Upshaw contract was not guaranteed.

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes or Nick Batum likely offered near max deals and maybe Harford. Not including KD.

Barnes likely to be extended. Either way I don't see the lakers maxing kd and then maxing either batum/barnes to play the same position or maxing horford to play the same position as randle/hibbert.

Last edited:
I think a big reason why is because Sacre contract he's guaranteed $950K or close to a million weather or not he's on the roster or gets cut. Upshaw contract was not guaranteed.

Lakers are now concerned about money when they're damn near printing it themselves. No excuse for this incompetence.

Why would Clarkson sign that when he could just wait until next year and get paid (like he is doing)

Lakers are now concerned about money when they're damn near printing it themselves. No excuse for this incompetence.

Yeah lets make you team owner since you have that Master P type ownership thought process and would probably hand out contracts to guys like Odom because he's your homie and is strugglin in his life.

Go on Pincus' twitter and read through it. You'll kind of get a picture of why Upshaw was cut. He doesn't say exactly why, but there was something not going right behind the scenes with him.

Yeah lets make you team owner since you have that Master P type ownership thought process and would probably hand out contracts to guys like Odom because he's your homie and is strugglin in his life.

I wouldn't hand out contracts for cheerleaders, we already have the Laker girls for that.

Why would Clarkson sign that when he could just wait until next year and get paid (like he is doing)
as a second round pick, he signed what he was offered. no guarantee any other nba team was gonna offer him an extended deal. 

the kid signed, was given playing time on an injury riddled team and balled out. now he has set himself up nicely for a payday.

dude doesnt have to sign what the lakers offer next year, he could bet on himself ( like jimmy butler) and then reap a huge payday

Nah I 100% agree. There's a possibility that upshaw becomes a decent shot blocker, solid starting center. We know that sacre will never be more than a third string center

A solid back up center. Starting center nah I don't see it in the future for him.

I'm speaking on last summer, entering his rookie year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom