LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Tailback U, Tight End U aka UGA's Spring Game is on
5461683f29cc3f83980c25494b2708291570b6df.gif

I feel for opposing secondaries with having to worry about AJ, OC7, Marlon, Wooten, King & Durham.

Take Logan Gray out, taking up meaningful snaps.. I swear if dude sees the field at QB this year, Richt and Bobo need to get that exit

We had our first scrimmage today. Darren Evans is already back 100% healthy only 7 months after a complete ACL tear. He looked pretty good today in limited carries in the scrimmage, with 4 carries for 27 yards and a catch for 13 yards. Ryan Williams had 2 carries for 24 yards.

Overall you couldn't get much out of the first scrimmage, it was pretty sloppy and the first teams only played each other for a couple of plays.

Loving what I am hearing about Gardner. They just love what he brings. If Tate and Denard can get them to 8 or 9 wins this season and then DG come in and push for the starting job next year with possibly Denard moving to WR/RB, that would be ideal. One of the 2 QBs better separate themselves tho.

Really looking forward to the season but will not expect much. Hopefully the new daughter will keep her old man from getting too worked up over games.

Clowney was at the UNC spring game.
pimp.gif

Overall I think we had a great fan turnout. I thought Brynn played well. Definitely going to have a QB competition going into this Fall. Hopefully Brynn will earn the starting spot.

The offense did have its moments though, highlighted mainly by Kenbrell Thompkins. At one point Thompkins got behind Reuben Johnson and Zach Collaros threw a nice pass to hit Thompkins in the back of the end zone for 20-yard touchdown.

After the previously mentioned holding call, Thompkins made back-to-back catches to keep the drive alive and move the chains for the offense.

One and Done,
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Thought he was a florida lock?
He told espn reporter he favors tigers.

heres more

"I've been a Florida fan my entire life. In fact, I was actually pretty close to committing to Florida for a while but then Clemson started coming into the picture so I thought it was important that I took a visit over there to check out the school. I'm actually going to take a visit over to Clemson two days after my spring game in late May and I'm going to stay in South Carolina for about two weeks so I can get a feel for the school, weather, and the program."

The Tigers came out of nowhere it seems, but according to Bellamy he's kept a very close eye on the Clemson program.

"I just love how Clemson does everything possible to get their backs the ball. They use them in so many ways, especially with C.J. (Spiller), so that was very impressive to me. I really love the style of play C.J. played with in college. That immediately drew my attention to Clemson. I've also started to build a pretty strong relationship with the coaching staff. I'm really looking forward to the Clemson visit so I can see more about the type of offensive line they have coming in. The coaches mentioned how they want me to go over the playbook to show me different ways they would utilize me. Right now I don't have a leader and I'm open because I need to see how I feel after the Clemson visit. I'm expecting it to blow me away, but I just want to get a feel for the program when I visit there."

Hmmmmm.....

Mike Bellamy favoring Clemson.

Isaiah Crowell reportedly really feeling Clemson after his visit this weekend.

Already got Marlin Lane committed.

Still VERY early, but no way they can land all 3.......right?

laugh.gif
@ the DB's

Updated: April 9, 2010, 5:22 PM ET

[h2]Leach talks football at Oklahoma State[/h2]

Associated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy welcomed a formerBig 12 South rival into his huddle this week as Mike Leach paid a visitto Stillwater.

Leach, who was fired as Texas Tech's coach inDecember after he was accused of mistreating an injured player, stoppedby Oklahoma State's spring practice as the Cowboys install a version ofhis high-powered spread offense.

"Obviously coach Leach is notlike anybody else," Gundy said. "I've been around him before and I'vealways had a good relationship with him. That was the first time I'dbeen around him in a football setting.

"Very informative and agreat opportunity for me to learn what was going on when they're outthere running his offense and he's sitting there with me."

One ofLeach's former assistants, Dana Holgorsen, was brought in thisoffseason to run Oklahoma State's offense. Holgorsen spent eightseasons on Leach's staff at Texas Tech before serving as Houston'soffensive coordinator the past two years.

"It was entertaining.... [Leach] and I went over the play scripts and he could kind of tellme what was going on because obviously he has a thorough background inthis offense," Gundy said. "It was enjoyable. He's always fun to bearound and listen to him talk and what he has to say."

TheCowboys ranked among the nation's top 10 teams in offense in 2007 and2008 before dropping to 70th last season. Holgorsen will be taking overplay calling from Gundy, who handled it for the past two years afterformer offensive coordinator Larry Fedora became the head coach atSouthern Mississippi.

"When Dana came in here, we were obligatedto let him run his system and he's done a great job with it," saidGundy, himself a former offensive coordinator at OSU. "Our players arecomfortable with it and I've enjoyed watching it because it's very newto me, similar to when coach Fedora came here and put his system in.I'm learning it and looking forward to continuing to learn it and seehow it works out."

Holgorsen's offense at Houston led the nationin scoring, passing and total offense last season. An early glimpse athis scheme will come in the Cowboys' spring game on April 17.

"I'm staying out of the way," Gundy said. "And as long as we score points and move the ball, that's OK."

We were one year away from seeing Dez put up video game #'s
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom