**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Lombardi is a perfect example of the rule where anyone who won on Brady/Belicheck’s laurels is horrible at everything else 95% of the time.

@SneakerProSr. the 2nd half of the game is why people are so drawn to Patricia. the adjustments. whether it's Bill or him, he knows or is familiar with what type of adjustments need to be made. been our defense's MO all year. 2nd half yesterday he totally changed it up and shut the Jags down. thats definitely something to be excited about. and again, with your defense and some of the guys, he's got a lot to work with once he adds a few more pieces

Mike Lombardi is the perfect example of how 95% of the time anyone who won on the coattails of Brady and Belicheck will be absolutely horrible at anything else they do.

For some reason this year teams decided to have collective amnesia again and think somehow the greatness of those two rubbed off on every other clown who's ever been on Kraft's payroll. The Lions, Colts, and especially Titans are complete idiots for what they did this offseason and it's going to set those franchises back years.

You feel really strongly about this huh 100027 100027 :lol:

Swear you rant on it every time the Pats are on TV :rofl:

McDaniels struck out his first time out but he's rebuilt his rep ever since and has imo earned another shot. Dude is still just 39...

Patricia is following in Romeo Crennels footsteps as a longtime NE DC becoming one of the most wanted HC candidates out there. He's done an admirable job with the talent or lack of he's had for a lot of those years. It might not always be pretty in terms of yards given up but his units are usually amongst the best scoring defenses during the season.

Coaching under Hoody def brings opportunity,it's like Sabans assistants always getting HC jobs each year in CFB

Is it me or is the Eagles dog thing some shade to Mike Vick??

I think of slave owners sending those dogs after black people, I'm not a fan of that dog **** at all. White men running around barking and ****, nah.

I'm happy as hell the Giants didn't hire McDaniels or Patricia.

^ black players on the team are wearing the masks too

You're also reading wayyy too much into it

Mike Lombardi is a perfect example of the rule where anyone who won on Brady/Belicheck’s laurels is horrible at everything else 95% of the time.

As I've said about dude, you would think a dude who has been heavily involved in teams that have failed to the degree that the non-patriots organizations he has been involved in, would speak with humility and nuance

I get cian talking ballsy, cause he was never in a "so you think you can do better, well prove it" position

Lombardi talks like we can't go check the receipts

Jobs always look easier from the outside looking in.. especially sports.. you would think someone who has been intimately involved to the degree he was wouldn't speak in the flippant manner which he does

You feel really strongly about this huh 100027 100027 :lol:

Swear you rant on it every time the Pats are on TV :rofl:

McDaniels struck out his first time out but he's rebuilt his rep ever since and has imo earned another shot. Dude is still just 39...

Patricia is following in Romeo Crennels footsteps as a longtime NE DC becoming one of the most wanted HC candidates out there. He's done an admirable job with the talent or lack of he's had for a lot of those years. It might not always be pretty in terms of yards given up but his units are usually amongst the best scoring defenses during the season

I do, I think it is totally ridiculous. People never talk about the fact that McDaniels was an OC after he got fired as HC and he was horrible there too. He's literally only been good on the Pats with the best HC and QB of all time. I don't see why he deserves any credit tbh.

The trajectory of Mike Vrabel's career is one of the more ludicrous things I have ever seen. Even you can't deny that.

The results of ex-Patriots assistants is a complete fiery wasteland. I'm just shocked at how simple minded NFL decision makers are year after year.

I knew the Jags were gonna lose when they recovered that fumble and the jags offense immediately went three and out and only took like 30 seconds off the clock. Jags gotta get multiple first downs there and take time off the clock. They would have won the game if they scored on that drive. That 3rd and 18 was killer and that run on third down to seal the game was a killer. Crazy how the Pats were only called for one penalty all game.

I think of slave owners sending those dogs after black people, I'm not a fan of that dog **** at all. White men running around barking and ****, nah.

I'm happy as hell the Giants didn't hire McDaniels or Patricia.
German Shepards were the dogs used by police to attack black people during the civil rights movement. That do masks is a German Shepard mask. Maybe I’m reaching.

German Shepards were the dogs used by police to attack black people during the civil rights movement. That do masks is a German Shepard mask. Maybe I’m reaching.

Maybe.. just a bit

Blaming and continuing to associate an innocent animal with the stupidity of their owners is very much reaching

German shepherds are a great breed and it is unfortunate that they are associated with that and other negative things in history because of human beings

I do, I think it is totally ridiculous. People never talk about the fact that McDaniels was an OC after he got fired as HC and he was horrible there too. He's literally only been good on the Pats with the best HC and QB of all time. I don't see why he deserves any credit tbh.

The trajectory of Mike Vrabel's career is one of the more ludicrous things I have ever seen. Even you can't deny that.

The results of ex-Patriots assistants is a complete fiery wasteland. I'm just shocked at how simple minded NFL decision makers are year after year.

I get you but its not any different than in other industries tbh :lol:,it's often about who you know. Like I mentioned,the same happens in college with Sabans assistants getting HC gigs each season regardless of past success or lackthereof from other Saban disciples.

Imo, I'm not mad at either coordinators getting shots rn. In NE they've been solid contributors to the success the squad has had. There's more headscratching coach decisions made each year than trying to raid a defending SB champs coaching staff. Teams probably feel like it's a safer option in some cases

The Vrabel stuff is definitely funny cause I didn't expect to see him getting a HC job so soon but that's on Tennessee. They've seen him twice a year for a few seasons now so they know more than me about what they see in him :lol:

I wouldnt have done it personally, I'd have gone offensive minded for MM8, but we'll have to see how it goes

I’m all for second chances but if you really want to prove you earned it Josh could have gone and run a college program or been an OC for any other team. But he was too scared/knew he couldn’t handle it so he ran back into Bill’s arms.

Vrabel is the definition of failing upwards. They “promoted” Crenell to give Vrabel the DC job, even though Romeo was an excellent DC. Houston defense proceeded to set franchise worsts in most defensive categories. Now that gets him promoted to HC :lol:. Two reasons alone:
1. Guy once played for Belicheck
2. Nothing gets the “old school” football guys going like a tough-talkin’ white guy. I.e. he “looks the part”.

Alright I’m done ranting. I feel like Pats fans know all this but feel like they want to defend the assistants reflexively to be nice to all the teams getting jobbed.

I say this every year and I don't think this is why the Vikings lost but I ****in hate the whole coaching interviews during the playoffs. Don't think you should be able to interview any coaches until after the SB. How is that not a distraction? You trying to get the biggest job of your career while coaching the biggest game or one of the biggest games of your life?

Agree with this. Just have a league-wide dead period til the off-season to make it fair

I get your gripes and there's definitely a lot to it whether it be teams not wanting to put themselves out there with HC hires,working under Hoody being the equivalent of a Harvard degree in the league etc

I just feel like the league isn't the only place where proximity to success are big factors in hires. It may not be right but its certainly not a unique phenomenon specific to the NFL. It's more a reflection of society at large

Still think Caldwell was done dirty even if Patricia replaces him imo

Like I said rolaholic rolaholic he'll be back :lol:

Maybe.. just a bit

Blaming and continuing to associate an innocent animal with the stupidity of their owners is very much reaching

German shepherds are a great breed and it is unfortunate that they are associated with that and other negative things in history because of human beings
It’s prob just me but I associate Shepard’s with White Supremacists like people associate Pittbulls with gang members. It’s wrong I know.
I’m all for second chances but if you really want to prove you earned it Josh could have gone and run a college program or been an OC for any other team. But he was too scared/knew he couldn’t handle it so he ran back into Bill’s arms.

Vrabel is the definition of failing upwards. They “promoted” Crenell to give Vrabel the DC job, even though Romeo was an excellent DC. Houston defense proceeded to set franchise worsts in most defensive categories. Now that gets him promoted to HC :lol:. Two reasons alone:
1. Guy once played for Belicheck
2. Nothing gets the “old school” football guys going like a tough-talkin’ white guy. I.e. he “looks the part”.

Alright I’m done ranting. I feel like Pats fans know all this but feel like they want to defend the assistants reflexively to be nice to all the teams getting jobbed.
You forgot #3. Race. If Vrabel was a Black dude he wouldn’t have this opportunity.

That's a whole other issue,and a very real one, but I don't think that played a huge part in it. Brian Flores, the LB coach, who's black was getting HC looks and interviews over the last few weeks and he's never had a coordinator job yet :lol:. That's down to proximity to Hoody more than anything

The race issue is def pertinent though and the Rooney rule doesn't do enough imo

That's a whole other issue,and a very real one, but I don't think that played a huge part in it. Brian Flores, the LB coach, who's black was getting HC looks and interviews over the last few weeks and he's never had a coordinator job yet :lol:. That's down to proximity to Hoody more than anything

The race issue is def pertinent though and the Rooney rule doesn't do enough imo
Yea most black coaches in the league are given interviews just so teams can comply with the Rooney rule. Just getting an interview isn’t enough. The NFL needs an affirmative action type policy where the NFL MUST hire QUALIFIED people of color? It ain’t just a Black or White issue either. How many Asian, Hispanic, etc head coaches are in the NFL. White dudes aren’t the only people who know how to coach football.

I say this every year and I don't think this is why the Vikings lost but I ****in hate the whole coaching interviews during the playoffs. Don't think you should be able to interview any coaches until after the SB. How is that not a distraction? You trying to get the biggest job of your career while coaching the biggest game or one of the biggest games of your life?

Facts. Especially Shurmur. Ian Rapp tweeted at the end of the game that Shurmur would have his contract signed with the Giants at the earliest convenience, with the presser to follow. It's as if he checked out of that game yesterday with quickness, and it showed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom