LOCK

I have a 08 eclipse that I still have like 5 yrs to pay off, I was wondering if Im able to trade that in for a 08 vette lol

I have a 08 eclipse that I still have like 5 yrs to pay off, I was wondering if Im able to trade that in for a 08 vette lol

are your eclipse payments hurting? if not try paying whatever twice the eclipse payments are each month for 3 months if your fine after 3 months then go ahead and get the vette, best i can give you knowing none of your financial information lol...also just sell the eclipse then go get the vette cuz your going to get screwed by the dealership

are your eclipse payments hurting? if not try paying whatever twice the eclipse payments are each month for 3 months if your fine after 3 months then go ahead and get the vette, best i can give you knowing none of your financial information lol...also just sell the eclipse then go get the vette cuz your going to get screwed by the dealership

Sure you can trade in your eclipse for a vette. The dealership will probably give you a fraction of what you owe on it tho. Which means that the amount you still have left on your car note for the eclipse will transfer over to the car note of the vette... So you'll be paying for both the vette and whatever you still owed on the eclipse.

Sure you can trade in your eclipse for a vette. The dealership will probably give you a fraction of what you owe on it tho. Which means that the amount you still have left on your car note for the eclipse will transfer over to the car note of the vette... So you'll be paying for both the vette and whatever you still owed on the eclipse.

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

frown.gif
 nvm then

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

frown.gif
 nvm then

It depends how you are paying for it - if it's finance or if the loan is secured against the car (rather than just a personal loan) then you can't sell it without permission as you don't technically own it. I think you'd have to pay it off or sell it to the finance company before you can do anything - and if you read the fine print you'll probably be completely screwed somewhere.

That's way too long to be paying for a car - but that's a different issue anyway.

It depends how you are paying for it - if it's finance or if the loan is secured against the car (rather than just a personal loan) then you can't sell it without permission as you don't technically own it. I think you'd have to pay it off or sell it to the finance company before you can do anything - and if you read the fine print you'll probably be completely screwed somewhere.

That's way too long to be paying for a car - but that's a different issue anyway.

lol well I didnt put anything down when I got the car just traded in a old neon so I wasent expecting a steal, but yea I guess I wont be trading it in lol seems like too much of a headache

lol well I didnt put anything down when I got the car just traded in a old neon so I wasent expecting a steal, but yea I guess I wont be trading it in lol seems like too much of a headache

from an eclipse to a vette? i dont your doing it wrong if you think you could afford the vette

from an eclipse to a vette? i dont your doing it wrong if you think you could afford the vette

the vette is only 27 thou for a 05 one, if I didnt have the eclipse I would of been able to afford it but too late now lol

the vette is only 27 thou for a 05 one, if I didnt have the eclipse I would of been able to afford it but too late now lol

Originally Posted by Lunchbox

It will be...

Unless you're not upside down and your car is worth more than you owe on it, that's the only way they'd pay it off and roll the balance over. If the Vette is $27K and you still owe $10K on the Eclipse(hypothetically speaking), that Vette is going to cost you $37K, which of course will raise your payment to some ungodly amount.

It will be...

Unless you're not upside down and your car is worth more than you owe on it, that's the only way they'd pay it off and roll the balance over. If the Vette is $27K and you still owe $10K on the Eclipse(hypothetically speaking), that Vette is going to cost you $37K, which of course will raise your payment to some ungodly amount.

Did you buy the 08 eclipse yesterday?  5 years is a full term with a finance.
Your going to owe the full price of the Corvette, plus the balance of what you owe on the eclipse.
Best thing for you to do is to try to sell the eclipse outright for what you paid before you even think about a Vette. 

If not, once the dealship sees how upside down you are, they are going to eat you alive.

Your going to owe the full price of the Corvette, plus the balance of what you owe on the eclipse.
Best thing for you to do is to try to sell the eclipse outright for what you paid before you even think about a Vette. 

If not, once the dealship sees how upside down you are, they are going to eat you alive.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

naw I got the eclipse like 2 yrs ago new for 28 thou excluding taxes 
ohwell.gif
  I STILL owe 5 more years
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

naw I got the eclipse like 2 yrs ago new for 28 thou excluding taxes 
ohwell.gif
  I STILL owe 5 more years
laugh.gif

I wouldn't try to upgrade to a Corvette if i were you. Basically your throwing more money away. Just my thought.

Back
Top Bottom