Lockheed Martin = Skynet vol.exo-skeleton

hulc-soldier-20100721.jpg

Its lack of jetpacks means Heinlein's visions of future warfare have still not come to pass, but we're getting closer with word that Lockheed Martin's Human Universal Load Carrier (HULC) exoskeleton is ready for military testing. Since last we heard of the thing it's been "ruggedized" and made a little more battle-hardy, able to carry 200lbs plus its own 53lb heft without burdening the doughy soldier inside, demonstrated after the break. It supports the cargo plus its own weight through articulated rods that follow the legs to the ground, meaning grunts can haul heavy equipment to the battle and arrive feeling refreshed. Next up for the suit is eight weeks of military trials ahead of hitting the battlefield sometime next year. Hooah, future robo-jockeys.

hulc-soldier-20100721.jpg

Its lack of jetpacks means Heinlein's visions of future warfare have still not come to pass, but we're getting closer with word that Lockheed Martin's Human Universal Load Carrier (HULC) exoskeleton is ready for military testing. Since last we heard of the thing it's been "ruggedized" and made a little more battle-hardy, able to carry 200lbs plus its own 53lb heft without burdening the doughy soldier inside, demonstrated after the break. It supports the cargo plus its own weight through articulated rods that follow the legs to the ground, meaning grunts can haul heavy equipment to the battle and arrive feeling refreshed. Next up for the suit is eight weeks of military trials ahead of hitting the battlefield sometime next year. Hooah, future robo-jockeys.

yea these defense contractors are developing some crazy stuff that we probably wont hear about for a few years.

yea these defense contractors are developing some crazy stuff that we probably wont hear about for a few years.

My dad works for lockheed martin
pimp.gif
he cant even tell me what he does cause of his security clearence though
mad.gif

My dad works for lockheed martin
pimp.gif
he cant even tell me what he does cause of his security clearence though
mad.gif

Nice!! Tech for the military is looking promising. Hopefully this can be implemented and be useful. Though the thing we have the biggest problems with is IED's.

Nice!! Tech for the military is looking promising. Hopefully this can be implemented and be useful. Though the thing we have the biggest problems with is IED's.

Back
Top Bottom