Loco - Roxy (Late Night Mistakes)...NT A&Rs welcome

My boy is as nice as they come when we're talking pure music ability...and over the past 3 months we've been in the studio and working on other business practices to create a tape to showcase his talent and get him out here. Dude is an AMAZING song writer. This right here is a song titled Roxy off his upcoming tape Late Night Mistakes. We will have a full out promotion coming soon, but I just wanted to share the early stages with my NT fam. Let me know what yall think.

It's cool, nothing too special. It's not something I would want to relisten to.

For a lack of better words his raps lack "swag". Not "stupid rainbow color diamond/pretty boy" swag but it's as if he approaches the mic spit verse and he is done. I guess in trying to say his delivery comes off weak or lazy. If its any consolation he is better than 90% of the local talent in my zip code. Maybe a while tape would change my mind but this song doesn't do it for me.

On the low I hate his name. I don't know why but everytime I see it I think of bone thugs.

I can see your point. Trust...we've dived into all matters into his music.

The great thing about him is that he wants to be a 'pop' typr of rapper...ala luda, 50 cent at his pop peak, and any other rapper whos ttying to fo vegas club music more than a trendy 'look at my swag' rapper.

PS..a kid we grew up with by the name of Wondermindz does many of our beats

When I used the word swag I dont mean a Lil B Soulja Boy type of rapper. 50/luda etc all have swag on the mic.

I was thinking more of a wale, meek millz,big Krit, etc type of swag.

You're cool man. I can understand your point and thanks for the honest opinions.
Trust me when I say this...there is HEAT that will come pretty soon. I'm not gassing when I say this, but it's like really really easy to him.  I wish I could drop a few songs we have, but as soon as we get this promotional stuff done...I'll update. 

Back
Top Bottom