lol wow Bill Buckner just threw out the opening pitch at Fenway

Wow, that was something I thought I'd never see in my lifetime; Bill Buckner getting a standing O by a packed Fenway Park. Also can't say I thoughtI'd see the Red Sox win 2 championships before I graduated college
smokin.gif

they don't care about him anymore they got their championships now --- the monkey is off his back

Yeah, I was shocked by that. I thought it was a really funny, but nice moment. Buckner shed a tear.

Dude was a great player, still unfair people judge him off one miscue.

If Boston never won those 2 rings this decade I'm pretty sure he would not be there today.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

My Dad would still punch him in his face if he saw him. Sorry Bill but some people don't forget.

Your dad would be better off punching whoever the pitcher was that night who gave up a ton of hits in that inning. Buckner was the least of Boston'sproblems in that inning.

laugh.gif
Ya Pops should punch John McNamara or Roger Clemens in the face aswell.

And yo, what curse? The Red Sox haven't lost a championship since 1986.
roll.gif

Bill Buckner went to my high school, people still talk about how he could hit the ball out of the field.

I'm glad he threw out the pitch, when the Sox won in 2004, so many people were happy for Buckner because it absolved him of a lot of blame.

I know that some people went out to his home to ask him his opinion and I think he just wanted to move on from 1986. The fact that he showed up at Fenway sothat Boston could show him their appreciation is a great thing because he was a good player who shouldn't be branded for one error.

Wasn't even Buckner's fault

He's just an scape goat, just like how Steve Bertman was the scape goat for them losing that game.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

My Dad would still punch him in his face if he saw him. Sorry Bill but some people don't forget.

and your dad would prob get punched out. didn't buckner attack a heckler once? he was in a park or something.

Bill Buckner on the broadcast with NESN just said if Jacque Jones read the ball better he should have made the catch in left.
roll.gif

this wasn't the first time he came back to fenway and received a standing ovation

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Bill Buckner on the broadcast with NESN just said if Jacque Jones read the ball better he should have made the catch in left.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Oh the irony!

Originally Posted by dyyhard

should have let him field a grounder instead.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
coooooooooooooooooold bloooooded...this had me DYING for a couple of minutes...seriously lol
If Boston never won those 2 rings this decade I'm pretty sure he would not be there today.

word
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom