Long distance running

What are the best running shows for long distance running? Currently I am using nike free and like them a lot. Any other really great shoes for
long distance?

What are the best running shows for long distance running? Currently I am using nike free and like them a lot. Any other really great shoes for
long distance?

I work at Niketown and the thing I tell customers when it comes to running shoes is "What is your pronation and what are you looking for in a shoe.
The free's are a really good running shoe, one of our popular lines, I'd say keep using the frees, since your foot muscles have developed.
Else my other favorite shoe that I wear at work is the Nike Lunar eclipse 2, it provides dynamic cushioning which your shoe provides a bouncy and comfortable feel every step you take.

I work at Niketown and the thing I tell customers when it comes to running shoes is "What is your pronation and what are you looking for in a shoe.
The free's are a really good running shoe, one of our popular lines, I'd say keep using the frees, since your foot muscles have developed.
Else my other favorite shoe that I wear at work is the Nike Lunar eclipse 2, it provides dynamic cushioning which your shoe provides a bouncy and comfortable feel every step you take.

If your feet and body are use to the frees, keep using them. Barefoot is the way to go. If anything toss the shoes all together!

If your feet and body are use to the frees, keep using them. Barefoot is the way to go. If anything toss the shoes all together!

Ran in Asics Nimbus for the past 5 years, wouldn't consider any other shoe.

Ran in Asics Nimbus for the past 5 years, wouldn't consider any other shoe.

Originally Posted by Sly1992

dynamic support is nothing more than a lightweight posting that makes the shoe suitable for neutral to mild overpronators without the stiffness of traditional heel/arch posting systems. the cushion tech is the lunar and its important to know if its the lunar system (which may not contain lunar foam at all and usually uses cushlon) or actual lunar foam cushioning. lunar foam's initial tooling failed and nike didn't want to admit it, so they used cushlon foam implemented into the lunar carrier/wedge cushion system and continued to call it lunar.

Originally Posted by Sly1992

dynamic support is nothing more than a lightweight posting that makes the shoe suitable for neutral to mild overpronators without the stiffness of traditional heel/arch posting systems. the cushion tech is the lunar and its important to know if its the lunar system (which may not contain lunar foam at all and usually uses cushlon) or actual lunar foam cushioning. lunar foam's initial tooling failed and nike didn't want to admit it, so they used cushlon foam implemented into the lunar carrier/wedge cushion system and continued to call it lunar.

So if lunar foam failed in running shoes how come the lunar trainer was one of the most praised running shoes they have ever made?

And how exactly does your post correlate to long distance running?

So if lunar foam failed in running shoes how come the lunar trainer was one of the most praised running shoes they have ever made?

And how exactly does your post correlate to long distance running?

When you ask for running shoes, do you mean training or racing?

I used to practice long distance running in competition, and had the opportunity tu have a pair of Zoom Streak III (white, black, bright red with neon yellow swoosh), are you talking of these?

If you've been running in the frees and like the frees and haven't experienced any problems, Id stick with them. I loved the nike free but durability was an issue. I rarely ever run in anything outside of nike, but I finally broke down and got some brooks pure flow and they were awesome. If I run 4 miles or under I go with the brooks and anything longer Ill go with my pegasus.

Back
Top Bottom