Longhorn Center kicked off football team for calling Obama a "N*gger"

This is the story. They don't say what it is, but on election night an NTer posted his Facebook comment and i remember him saying something like "Getready hunters, we have a n*gger in the White House"

http://www.kvue.com/sport...vuebuck-mb.18413f38b.html

[h2][size=+2]Longhorn kicked off theteam[/size][/h2][h5][size=-1]07:18 PM CST on Wednesday, November 5, 2008[/size][/h5]
Texas sophomore center Buck Burnette is leaving the football team after a violation of team rules, Longhorn Coach Mack Brown saidon Wednesday.

Burnette, a native of Wimberley and a Wimberley High School graduate, played in seven of nine games at center and on specialteams this season. He missed the Colorado and Oklahoma games due to injury.

A two-time all-state selection who helped lead Wimberley to the 2005 Texas 3A State Championship as a prepster, Burnette playedin 20 career games at Texas. He graduated high school early, enrolled at UT in January 2006 and participated in spring drills. After redshirting that season,he saw his first game action as a Longhorn in 2007.

+1 for Texas.

Yeah, just posted this joint in the College Football thread.

Crazy.

But I'm not surprised at all, unfortunately.

Mack Brown did him a favor b/c the other option was be killed by this man...
2qn5xrd.jpg

Clearly I have made a mistake and apologized for it and will pay for it. I received it as a text message from an acquaintance and immaturely put it up on facebook in the light of the election. Im not racist and apologize for offending you. I grew up on a ranch in a small town where that was a real thing and I need to grow up. I sincerely am sorry for being ignorant in thinking that it would be ok to write that publicly and apologize to you in particular. I have to be more mature than to put the reputation of my team at stake and to spread that kind of hate which I dont even believe in. Once again, I sincerely apologize.
That was his page and response before deleting his account (I assume) cuz I can't find his profile whhen searching his name.

Ah southern america rednecks.

You are dumb enough to not only THINK like that, but then also actually post that on your personal page you deserve to spend the next X amount of years livingwith the consequences (which he will).

Congrats.

Impressive by Mack to show he doesn't take that kind of racism on his team, even though I would guess Mack would be a McCain guy.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Impressive by Mack to show he doesn't take that kind of racism on his team, even though I would guess Mack would be a McCain guy.

Yeah but if he ever wants black players that like Obama on his team again...

I wonder if he dropped the N bomb for real. I heard he actually used "%@@*" and not the N bomb. Dont make it no better either way. He's stilla moron for publicizing that

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

you don't have to be a democrat or republican to be offended by racism, I don't think any coach/school would tolerate that

Sad thing is, there are dudes like that on every HS, collegiate, and pro roster in america....just cause no one else isn't saying it, doesn't mean thatno one else isn't thinking it.....

pure stupidity on his part.
smh.gif

You guys notice how people REALLY hate obama? Like people dont even hate bush like this. Its obviously racism. There is nothing this guy could of done to makepeople this mad and against him.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

You guys notice how people REALLY hate obama? Like people dont even hate bush like this. Its obviously racism. There is nothing this guy could of done to make people this mad and against him.
Actually it's the opposite... these people don't know Obama, they hate the idea of of Obama.. people actually hate George W Bush theperson.

This was taken way too seriously.

I wonder how many black people would still be on the team if McCain won and all of their status' said "This stupid cracker just won, @#$ him"

I'm half black and I don't care who uses the word.

what a $%$%+$@ idiot...i HATE racist ++$#!%% but damn seriously that's harsh...killed dudes dreams because of a facebook status...props to Mack Brownthough for standing up in what he believes in...

Back
Top Bottom