Looking Back: The Neptunes Sound......Didn't really age that well.

Love The Neptunes but some of their music does sound really dated, some of the songs I listen to that are done by them are strictly for nostalgia purposes.

I know what you mean for some of their lesser stuff. But the songs that were good back then, are still good to me know.

They had a great formula back then, dudes were turning out hits with no effort.. dat bridge

yawl wasnt feelin this one? came out like a year or so ago? skateboard P make ya face fall off  

Last edited:
If you can listen to Lord Willin, Hell Hath No Fury, and Slim Thug's Already Platinum and think that, I can't even tell you the number of bridges you should jump off of :lol:

To me the only stuff that didn't age well was their bigger club hits, or wanna be club hits (i.e. Philly's Most wanted). But Lord Willin is still banging, if that sounds outdated to you, then I don't know what to say.

The only thing that has aged on Premo's sound is the scratch hooks. his loops, samples, and drums don't sound any outdated than a dude like 9th wonder, or any of these other old school style producers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom